Gilmore Car Museum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gilmore Car Museum

My wife and I went to the Gilmore Car Museum yesterday. What a great place!! I was there for Model A day in 2015, that was the only other time I was there. We saw a lot of super interesting stuff. That Model A museum is awesome. The Packard exhibit is too. Everything there seemed top notch. If you haven’t been there you should try to go. We took about 90 pictures. I’ll share a few.
    Attached Files
    Ron

Sorry my phone is struggling to post Pictires. 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Ron

Comment

Well you got the important one posted. The VFF supports the Model A museum and Gilmore. In return they support us back. There should be a large VFF banner hanging in the garage bay area.
      3 ~ Tudor's
      Henry Ford said
      "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

I did see one but I wasn’t looking for it. Do you mean the garage bay of the Model A museum? Or the Shell has sataion? I kinda stumbled across the business cards. I wish I lived a little
        closer there is sooooo much there to take in.
        Ron

Comment

Originally posted by Skimmerbob View Post
          I did see one but I wasn’t looking for it. Do you mean the garage bay of the Model A museum? Or the Shell has sataion? I kinda stumbled across the business cards. I wish I lived a little
          closer there is sooooo much there to take in.
          The garage area where they fix cars. I think it is used by the whole complex
          3 ~ Tudor's
          Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

I didn’t see that area. We even missed the barn where the Tucker is on display. So I asked at the gift shop and we went back in to see it.
            Ron

Comment

You live closer to the Museum than I do......wish I could get there more often too.
              I've been there twice.
              Twiss Collector Car Parts

Comment

Two hours for
                me. But we are camping at a Michigan State Park called Fort Custer. So it was only 25 minutes on back roads. It’s a great place
                i almost wish I lived closer. I’m only 25 minutes from Greenfield Village when at home or 35 from the Piquette plant.
                Attached Files
                Ron

Comment

They do have impressive displays.
                  That wax figure of Brad Pitt beside the Edison car is very life like..

Comment

I will attest to Mitch's support of the Model A Ford Foundation Inc. His VFF banner hangs in the Garage Works building on the Gilmore campus. Volunteers teach students the in and outs of antique auto restoration in the fully equipped shop. It is also the location of Model A Day seminars.
                    It was very disappointing to me, a museum trustee, that Model A Day had to be canceled this year, but after a number of national Model A events, Hershey, and The Old Car Festival at Greenfield Village were canceled, it was pretty clear that we could not continue on this year without great sacrifice in the quality of our event.
                    The museum has a fantastic collection of cars and automobilia. The best building outside the Model A Museum, is the Lincoln Club display. Amazing engineering and beautiful coach work, make these my favorite luxury cars of the period.
                    If you have not been to the Gilmore, you have to go.
                    See you next September at Model A Day.

Comment

Originally posted by Great Lakes Greg View Post
                      I will attest to Mitch's support of the Model A Ford Foundation Inc. His VFF banner hangs in the Garage Works building on the Gilmore campus. Volunteers teach students the in and outs of antique auto restoration in the fully equipped shop. It is also the location of Model A Day seminars.
                      It was very disappointing to me, a museum trustee, that Model A Day had to be canceled this year, but after a number of national Model A events, Hershey, and The Old Car Festival at Greenfield Village were canceled, it was pretty clear that we could not continue on this year without great sacrifice in the quality of our event.
                      The museum has a fantastic collection of cars and automobilia. The best building outside the Model A Museum, is the Lincoln Club display. Amazing engineering and beautiful coach work, make these my favorite luxury cars of the period.
                      If you have not been to the Gilmore, you have to go.
                      See you next September at Model A Day.
                      Greg, can you tell us more about the bricks that help support the Model A museum. Where do they get placed, and do you have a link to an online order form. I would like to get a VFF brick placed in a premier high visibility spot. Are all the good spots taken? For those that don’t know Greg is on the board of trustees.
                      3 ~ Tudor's
                      Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Go to MAFFI.org and look for the heading that says "store". It will bring up a form to fill out for a brick, which is $150. The brick will fit three lines with 20 characters per line.
                        The main walkway is full, but there is still plenty of room under the drive through gas pump station. I think we sell about 100 bricks a year. They are dropped of on a big pallet the week prior to Model A Day, and volunteers take it from there with the heavy work of replacing blank bricks with the inscribed bricks. There are a lot of memorial inscriptions, club names, and a few humorous ones. I'm not sure what the plan is when every last space has been spoken for.

Comment

I've been to Gilmore twice it's a great museum. I also have two mustangs and in a mustang club "Mustang Mafia of Southern Indiana". This page is where we post where we have been and pics of the cruise-ins and car shows. Due to no events in spring I posted pics of car museums and national mustang shows that I had been to. April 19th I posted pics of Gilmore. Search thru April early May and you will lots of pics of some great museums. Auburn musuem, early V8 Ford, Dennis Carpenter, The Henry Ford and a few others.

Comment

The MAFFI Museum is an amazing place. I was present when MAFFI signed the agreement to build the museum on the Gilmore complex. I know it is great complex because it's the only "car" museum my wife likes to visit. So far we have been there 4 times and were planning to attend again this year. What made the cancellation of this year's Model A Day a disappointment was I was looking forward to driving the Model A to the event. Unfortunately, just another 2020 event to bite the dust.,

Comment

I echo all of the responses above. The Gilmore is a great place to visit. We have a membership with them, as well as with MAFFI and Marc,
                              With them having a primitive camping area in the back we sometimes stay there or in the state park close by, but we have also made day trips from the Flint MI area. usually every couple of months.

Comment

Brad Pitt huh?🤔
                                maybe after he discovered pizza and donuts. I’m glad that my wife found this camp ground she seems to like it so it will make it easier to get her there for the Model A day weekend. The order forms for the bricks were laying just above the VFF cards. I’m thinking about getting one
                                for my Dad.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Skimmerbob; 07-26-2020, 03:28 PM.
                                Ron

Comment

More pics maybe?
                                  Attached Files
                                  Ron

Comment

More?
                                    Attached Files
                                    Ron

Comment

Ryan Reynolds often doubles for me in most of my movies.
                                      You and I, will have to get together one of these days, for autograph signings at the VFF annual picnic.

Comment

The Model A day At Gilmore was officially cancelled, but I’m sure there will still be many attendees.

Ron nice pictures, thanks
                                        3 ~ Tudor's
                                        Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

I told Mark Maron thru fb that the fliers are still on the counter for Model A day at the Gilmore. He recently post a notice about its cancellation on fb.im sure there will be a lot of A’s there on Model A Day
                                          Ron

Comment

Mark mentioned that he will probably still go. I’m still hoping to pick the tool case raffle Winner there. Hoping Mark will do it
                                            3 ~ Tudor's
                                            Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Nice ! Well good luck!
                                              Last edited by Skimmerbob; 07-26-2020, 04:03 PM. Reason: Spell check. 🙄
                                              Ron

Comment