Two piece distributor shaft question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two piece distributor shaft question

What is the best way (fastest way ) to take the lower shaft out ?

I normally use a stretch magnet I get from the auto parts store.
    You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

I use long nose pliers.

Comment

What is a "Tow Piece?"
        Alaskan A's
        Antique Auto Mushers of Alaska
        Model A Ford Club of America
        Model A Restorers Club
        Antique Automobile Club of America
        Mullins Owners Club

Comment

Originally posted by CarlG View Post
          What is a "Tow Piece?"
          Years ago I made a sign for the rear of the vehicles I used a tow bar on.
          It read "CAUTION CAR IN TOW", and my cousin's little girl asked why I had a car in my toe.
          I never was sure, as she was quite young, but I think she was just being funny.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• DBrer
            Distributor Drive
            by DBrer
            After I pulled the distributor I tried to pull the shaft out to just look it over and coat with grease. Should the shaft come out? It wiggled but wouldn't come out, but I thought it was suppose too.
            12-21-2020, 06:48 PM
          • greenhornet
            Distributor lower shaft question.
            by greenhornet
            Was the long one piece shaft original to all four years of the Model A and the two piece for a shorter lower shaft extension later or after market? Also the lower shaft is just tongue to tongue with no pins holding it together with upper shaft? Thank You.
            03-18-2019, 10:31 AM
          • vonheine
            Distributor drive shafts
            by vonheine
            Most Model A distributor drives that I have seen use a separate shaft that couples the engine drive to the distributor shaft. I have also seen a few A distributors with one long shaft that reaches all the way down to the engine drive. I have been told that Ford never did this and that these are aftermarket distributors. I have also heard that the one piece arrangement is really a bad idea because...
            06-13-2019, 11:29 AM
          • DBrer
            distributor wobble
            by DBrer
            When the engine is running the distributor has a slight wobble. If I tighten the set screw that holds the distributor in, it really wobbles and makes a horrible noise. As I loosen the screw it makes no noise and the wobble lessons. Could there be an alignment problem with the upper and lower shaft?
            03-23-2021, 06:51 PM
          • Mickey
            Question: Marvel throttle shaft
            by Mickey
            Is the Marvel throttle shaft the interchangeable with the Zenith? I have a Marvel with a sloppy shaft and need to fix.
            12-08-2020, 02:57 PM
          • DaWizard
            New engine noise
            by DaWizard
            If some of you read the "Modified" section you will see I have been having a small problem with a "B" distributor. Well, for a simple solution I carried and installed the Jeep distributor which I won't go into here. But in doing this, I noticed I developed a new noise.

The "B" distributor being a two piece shaft didn't have a problem, installing the single
            09-24-2019, 10:31 AM
          • d.j. moordigian
            Throttle shaft assemble..
            by d.j. moordigian
            On the second style forged Brass arm, when changing the throttle shaft for a new one,..what type of tool was used too produce the swedging tool that produces the swirl ?
            Thanks,
            djm
            01-27-2020, 05:05 PM
          • dswoodh
            Clutch brake shaft replacement
            by dswoodh
            While attempting to replace clutch brake shaft bushings I noticed that the shaft was worn. A new shaft came with the bushings however it appears to be to long. I don't see where the original shaft is pinned. I need some guidance on this one. See pics. ...
            05-08-2020, 07:58 PM
          • Don Reid
            how to remove the lower distributor shaft
            by Don Reid
            how do I remove the lower distributor shaft
            02-27-2021, 08:04 PM
          • jfreddie
            Clutch/brake shaft removal question
            by jfreddie
            Greetings!
            I'm thinking of replacing my clutch/brake shaft on the bell housing.

Is this a fairly straightforward job that can be done in the car or should I wait til I take the engine/trans out?
            Can I just grind off the head of the securing pin on the bell housing, drive the pin into the bell housing, and wiggle the shaft out of the bell housing, wiggle new shaft in place,...
            01-16-2021, 10:25 PM
          Working...
          X