Two piece distributor shaft question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two piece distributor shaft question

What is the best way (fastest way ) to take the lower shaft out ?

I normally use a stretch magnet I get from the auto parts store.
    You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

I use long nose pliers.

Comment

What is a "Tow Piece?"
        Alaskan A's
        Antique Auto Mushers of Alaska
        Model A Ford Club of America
        Model A Restorers Club
        Antique Automobile Club of America
        Mullins Owners Club

Comment

Originally posted by CarlG View Post
          What is a "Tow Piece?"
          Years ago I made a sign for the rear of the vehicles I used a tow bar on.
          It read "CAUTION CAR IN TOW", and my cousin's little girl asked why I had a car in my toe.
          I never was sure, as she was quite young, but I think she was just being funny.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• greenhornet
            Distributor lower shaft question.
            by greenhornet
            Was the long one piece shaft original to all four years of the Model A and the two piece for a shorter lower shaft extension later or after market? Also the lower shaft is just tongue to tongue with no pins holding it together with upper shaft? Thank You.
            03-18-2019, 11:31 AM
          • vonheine
            Distributor drive shafts
            by vonheine
            Most Model A distributor drives that I have seen use a separate shaft that couples the engine drive to the distributor shaft. I have also seen a few A distributors with one long shaft that reaches all the way down to the engine drive. I have been told that Ford never did this and that these are aftermarket distributors. I have also heard that the one piece arrangement is really a bad idea because...
            06-13-2019, 12:29 PM
          • DaWizard
            New engine noise
            by DaWizard
            If some of you read the "Modified" section you will see I have been having a small problem with a "B" distributor. Well, for a simple solution I carried and installed the Jeep distributor which I won't go into here. But in doing this, I noticed I developed a new noise.

The "B" distributor being a two piece shaft didn't have a problem, installing the single
            09-24-2019, 11:31 AM
          • d.j. moordigian
            Throttle shaft assemble..
            by d.j. moordigian
            On the second style forged Brass arm, when changing the throttle shaft for a new one,..what type of tool was used too produce the swedging tool that produces the swirl ?
            Thanks,
            djm
            01-27-2020, 06:05 PM
          • dswoodh
            Clutch brake shaft replacement
            by dswoodh
            While attempting to replace clutch brake shaft bushings I noticed that the shaft was worn. A new shaft came with the bushings however it appears to be to long. I don't see where the original shaft is pinned. I need some guidance on this one. See pics. ...
            05-08-2020, 08:58 PM
          • Vin1930
            Reverse idler shaft
            by Vin1930
            Good morning. I'm a new member and a fairly new Model A owner. Sorry for the long post, but hoping to figure out how to fix a dumb mistake:

In an attempt to fix the leak from the reverse idler and cluster shafts, I bought one of Bratton's seal kits. The reverse idler shaft was too long to fit into the cover provided, so I followed Bratton's instructions and ground down the end of the...
            02-28-2018, 09:25 AM
          • EarlyBert
            Early Brake Cross Shaft Replacement
            by EarlyBert
            Are any of you aware of an article or other discussion/video about replacing the early multi part brake cross shaft with the later single piece cross shaft?
            . I am going to do this on my car but am not sure the best process to do so, what needs to be removed for access to install the newer piece.
            09-06-2018, 12:06 PM
          • Sunnybrook Farm
            Sleeved Distributor
            by Sunnybrook Farm
            Here is a new one for me, I am working on a 28 motor that hasn't been run in probably 50 or 60 years by the looks of it. Finally got the distributor off after letting mmo soak in from the lock hole ( motor was on side so it worked). Anyway when I pulled it out of the head I discovered that someone had put a copper pipe on the shaft. I would say a farmer fix but then it could have been a city boy that...
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.
            03-04-2020, 09:57 AM
          • Chuck Sea/Tac
            What came first, the chicken or the egg?
            by Chuck Sea/Tac
            Or, in this case, the long distributor shaft or the two short ones?
            I looked up in the 28 to 37 parts book, but the illustrations are very generic. Although, if it was a two piece, then I would think it would be two part numbers.
            We have a debate going between several of us in the local club, and I said I would research it. TIA
            10-26-2018, 12:45 AM
          • bettlesr
            'AUTOMATIC" parking brakes
            by bettlesr
            I have a '30 Sport Coupe with a F150 4 speed OD trans. With the arms to the rear end being shorter because the torque tube is shorter, the parking brake cross shaft lever is right above the arms. If I put some people in the rumble seat and hit a bump, the parking brakes come on tighter with every bump. Has anyone figured how and what to change to keep this from happening. Luckly I have a friend who...
            09-30-2018, 11:30 PM
          Working...
          X