Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys for the warm welcome. I am new to the Model A scene and I am starting with a Model A that needs alot of work but it is one of my new hobbies now. Hugh

Comment

• JDupuis
      JDupuis commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome to the VFF.
      This forum has alot experience from many aspects of life. I am sure we will have questions that you will be able to shine light on.
      Thank You, for joining our diverse group.
      I look forward to hearing more about your car and your learning curve with it.
      Jeff

Jeff I am probably in a different situation than alot of others on this board. I am trying to bring alive a 1930 Model A that was stored in a shed for 25-years. Numerous problems but trying to tackle one problem at a time. Look forward to talking with you! Hugh

Comment

• Mitch
      Mitch commented
      Editing a comment
      Hugh post any questions in the general A area. Your actually in a very familiar situation that many have dealt with.

• JDupuis
      JDupuis commented
      Editing a comment
      Just found your response Hugh.
      I woke up an A after a 47 year slumber.

Hi, I'm new to the Forum but have owned a number of A's for the past 25 years. (29 Roadster, 28 Pick-up, and a '30 Tudor) I am in the early stages of restoring a'30 Coupe which I have had since the start. Doing a total nuts and bolts restoration. I have the frame complete, front and rear axles in place, and am working on the wheels so that it can finally roll around again. I have a 31 SW sedan as a driver and a '28AA in the yard for a project some day. I am enjoying the various posts on the site!

Comment

• JDupuis
      JDupuis commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome to the VFF. I think we can learn lots from you Hank.
      Great to see a fellow Canadian in the group. . Jeff

Decided to introduce myself I've been reading for quite a while and have a stock 1930 coupe which I bought sometime ago and decided time for me to make it mine as in redoing the previous restoration .I have been playing with old cars mostly 50's and 60's . After getting body done to my standards I'm going to convert to hydraulic brakes , get rid of the 19" tires and am thinking of a flathead 8 . Hope I don't upset you guys by doing this . I do all my own work with over 50 years exp. These changes are what I feel is necessary for me to enjoy the car more . I will not chop and plan on keeping the look stock as possible.

Comment

• DaWizard
      DaWizard commented
      Editing a comment
      Well Fomoco998, WELCOME to the VFF!!

BTW, very nice looking coupe, and like it has been said before, "it is your car and you can do with it as you please" in regards to the modifications.

Keep putting the pictures up of the modifications you do. We also like video tutorials of those mods.

• Mitch
      Mitch commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome Fomoco

Mitch,

Thanks for the forum. Seems to be a real quality job!

Marc

Comment

• Mitch
      Mitch commented
      Editing a comment
      Marc you finally made it. It’s good to see you here on the VFF.
      Thanks for the high marks, everyone is trying

• DaWizard
      DaWizard commented
      Editing a comment
      Marc, WELCOME to the VFF!!

• JDupuis
      JDupuis commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome to the VFF.

How do you search for a word or phrase across all the different posts? I see a search box when reading a single post, but I want to find a topic without having to scroll through 50+ pages. "muffler" to be exact thanks.

Comment

Hey Doug, WELCOME to the VFF!!

Go to the main page and type in what you are looking for, it will list all the posts with the key word in it
      VFF Recruiter

"We do not stop playing because we grow old;
      We grow old because we stop playing ...
      NEVER Be The First To Get Old!" Pilfered from the MAFC SA Newsletter

I JUST CAN'T FIX STUPID!!

"Why so Serious?"

Comment

• DougInAustin
        DougInAustin commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Wizard!

• Mitch
        Mitch commented
        Editing a comment
        Doug on that same box is an advanced search to narrow it down even further

btt
      2 1930 Tudors

Henry Ford said
      "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Hello everyone, my name is Ronnie Hill and I will be 50 in July. I’m glad that there’s a place to ask and answer Model A question’s without getting ran down the road. I grew up with Model A’s and have a little knowledge of A’s. Not nearly as much as most guys on here. I was lucky enough to get to be very good friends with Rodger Kauffman the last 5 or 6 years before he passed away. Rodger was a great guy and if you knew him you know he knew Model A’s inside and out. Anyway I’m glad to be here. I have a original unrestored late 31 standard Coupe and a early 31 pickup.
        Don’t get too excited.

Comment

• DaWizard
          DaWizard commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey Ronnie, WELCOME to the VFF!! Great vehicles ya got there, and I am very glad you are one of the youngsters that had some mentoring. We really need young blood into the hobby.

I love Model A’s particularly original cars. They are such a time capsule.
        Don’t get too excited.

Comment

Ronnie thanks for the intro and welcome to the VFF family. Love your unrestored coupe and your work in progress pickup. I never met Rodger Kauffman but I have heard a lot about him. You were certainly in some good company
          2 1930 Tudors

Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Couple more pictures of the Coupe I found interesting. Does anyone remember that service station?
            Don’t get too excited.

Comment

• Mitch
              Mitch commented
              Editing a comment
              Ronnie thanks for the kind words on Facebook about the VFF, it is much appreciated. I'm not on there but word spreads quickly

I’m just hoping that a lot of those guys stay there
            Don’t get too excited.

Comment

• JDupuis
              JDupuis commented
              Editing a comment
              Only invite the "nice guys". Little or no experience is very welcomed, as, well as experienced guys. Just no idiots! . Jeff

• Mitch
              Mitch commented
              Editing a comment
              Amen Jeff

Hi Folks,
            Thanks for adding me to the list. I inadvertently stumbled across this forum recently, but recognise a lot of you from the **, where I've been hanging out for the last few years. I've been lurking here for a few weeks, trying to get a sense of what is going on, who's who in the zoo, and the politics of this place and the other. However, now I'm out and have just posted my first thread - "Dropped sump, found metal" (GULP!).

I am the custodian of a Canadian built, Australian assembled '28 Phaeton (June '28 stamped on the fuel tank), which the previous owner placed on a '29 rolling chassis. Body-wise, the car is unrestored. I intend to preserve it that way.

I look forward to continuing to learn lots from the wiseheads that I know are here, and hope that you will put up with my questions as I seek to learn more about, and do more work on my Model A. I thank you in advance for what I will learn, and to the admin for hosting this forum.
            Cheers,
            Martin (Hoogah)
            Last edited by Hoogah; 05-26-2018, 11:03 AM.

Comment

• Hoogah
              Hoogah commented
              Editing a comment
              So that's weird! I tried to type the letters "eff bee" above, and all that appeared was **.

• JDupuis
              JDupuis commented
              Editing a comment
              Welcome to the ZOO…I mean VFF Martin.
              I know of you from the other place.
              Since coming here in January of this year, I have had very little activity on the other site. I have not gone there in over a month now.
              I feel very much "at home" here, and hope you will as well.
              Very good "Family" here. Jeff

Hi Martin and welcome to the VFF! It's good to have you here
            2 1930 Tudors

Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Working...
            X