Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys for the warm welcome. I am new to the Model A scene and I am starting with a Model A that needs alot of work but it is one of my new hobbies now. Hugh

Comment

• JDupuis
      JDupuis commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome to the VFF.
      This forum has alot experience from many aspects of life. I am sure we will have questions that you will be able to shine light on.
      Thank You, for joining our diverse group.
      I look forward to hearing more about your car and your learning curve with it.
      Jeff

Jeff I am probably in a different situation than alot of others on this board. I am trying to bring alive a 1930 Model A that was stored in a shed for 25-years. Numerous problems but trying to tackle one problem at a time. Look forward to talking with you! Hugh

Comment

• Mitch
      Mitch commented
      Editing a comment
      Hugh post any questions in the general A area. Your actually in a very familiar situation that many have dealt with.

• JDupuis
      JDupuis commented
      Editing a comment
      Just found your response Hugh.
      I woke up an A after a 47 year slumber.

Hi, I'm new to the Forum but have owned a number of A's for the past 25 years. (29 Roadster, 28 Pick-up, and a '30 Tudor) I am in the early stages of restoring a'30 Coupe which I have had since the start. Doing a total nuts and bolts restoration. I have the frame complete, front and rear axles in place, and am working on the wheels so that it can finally roll around again. I have a 31 SW sedan as a driver and a '28AA in the yard for a project some day. I am enjoying the various posts on the site!

Comment

• JDupuis
      JDupuis commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome to the VFF. I think we can learn lots from you Hank.
      Great to see a fellow Canadian in the group. . Jeff

Decided to introduce myself I've been reading for quite a while and have a stock 1930 coupe which I bought sometime ago and decided time for me to make it mine as in redoing the previous restoration .I have been playing with old cars mostly 50's and 60's . After getting body done to my standards I'm going to convert to hydraulic brakes , get rid of the 19" tires and am thinking of a flathead 8 . Hope I don't upset you guys by doing this . I do all my own work with over 50 years exp. These changes are what I feel is necessary for me to enjoy the car more . I will not chop and plan on keeping the look stock as possible.

Comment

• DaWizard
      DaWizard commented
      Editing a comment
      Well Fomoco998, WELCOME to the VFF!!

BTW, very nice looking coupe, and like it has been said before, "it is your car and you can do with it as you please" in regards to the modifications.

Keep putting the pictures up of the modifications you do. We also like video tutorials of those mods.

• Mitch
      Mitch commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome Fomoco

Mitch,

Thanks for the forum. Seems to be a real quality job!

Marc

Comment

• Mitch
      Mitch commented
      Editing a comment
      Marc you finally made it. It’s good to see you here on the VFF.
      Thanks for the high marks, everyone is trying

• DaWizard
      DaWizard commented
      Editing a comment
      Marc, WELCOME to the VFF!!

• JDupuis
      JDupuis commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome to the VFF.

How do you search for a word or phrase across all the different posts? I see a search box when reading a single post, but I want to find a topic without having to scroll through 50+ pages. "muffler" to be exact thanks.

Comment

Hey Doug, WELCOME to the VFF!!

Go to the main page and type in what you are looking for, it will list all the posts with the key word in it
      VFF Recruiter

YOU JUST CAN'T FIX STUPID!!

There is way too much month left at the end of my retirement check.

"CENSORED" over there!!
      Not just Censored, BANNED!!

Comment

• DougInAustin
        DougInAustin commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Wizard!

• Mitch
        Mitch commented
        Editing a comment
        Doug on that same box is an advanced search to narrow it down even further
    Working...
    X