artistic license sent me on multi year search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• artistic license sent me on multi year search

Back a hundred years ago I searched for the brake equalizing shafts shown in the standards, service bulletins etc.
    20170928_124226.jpg

I wasn't aware of the artistic license taken to clarify the illustration and this is the only shaft made
    20170928_122900-1.jpg
    http://jmodela.coffeecup.com

I had the feeling that was possibly the case several years ago when you said you were looking for that. Definately have not seen it all, but could not imagine Ford redesigning that part of a functional system. At one time I was looking for the single piece cross shaft with the ER suffix and the linkages to make it work with the left hand park brake handle. Have given up for now. Rod
    "Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good." Thomas Sowell

Comment

Actually I still have an eye out for it.....
      http://jmodela.coffeecup.com

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Bill G
        Great Support and thankfulness
        by Bill G
        Yesterday, being Thanksgiving in the US, I sort of got a little carried away with feeling thankful for just about everything. Health being one of them. A dear friend of ours is in rehab after suffering a heart attack, and I feel rather lucky, even with the aches and pains that go along with getting older.

Two and a half years ago I bought a Model A. It is something my wife and I have...
        11-29-2019, 12:32 PM
      • AzBob
        Lower Distributor Shaft Slot Dimensions?
        by AzBob
        I have a length of .498" diameter 303 stainless steel I want to machine for the lower distributor shaft. I have measured (on surface plate) the slot offsets from the old one and come up with a .027" offset.

To me, this makes no sense to me since Henry was using fractional dimensions for the most part at the time. I would think the offset would have been .031" (1/32"...
        11-11-2021, 12:59 PM
      • Mitch
        A series of various newsletter tech tips
        by Mitch
        Hawke's Bay Model A club New Zealand
        Ahooga News

Brake rod rattle, Anti-rattler

07-05-2018, 07:09 AM
      • pooch
        Pics of an A ute at Maldon swap
        by pooch
        Even tho the A was obsolete by 5 years when it was first built, it still looks ultra modern beside the green 28 chev .

A farmer's fix.

12-17-2018, 11:49 AM
      • pooch
        Picked up my 21 stud English engine.
        by pooch
        I bought this engine out of a Ford Thames truck last october and picked it up yesterday.

I run the same engine in my Model A hiboy, so this is going to be a spare for insurance.

When I first bought my hiboy engine 4 years ago, I thought I was buying a 37 ford truck motor as that is what it came out of.

I had a 39 Ford deluxe when I was 15 for a couple...
        02-04-2019, 12:22 AM
      • Jim Mason
        dip stick
        by Jim Mason
        From the 1932 service bulletin. and correction

10-18-2018, 03:16 PM
      • pooch
        Ballarat swap meet 2019
        by pooch
        Not sure what the back of this ute is.

Not a Geelong ute.

Probably a one off farmer's build.

Canadian deluxe folding stanchions for a 28/29.

A feral 34 or 33 (I don't know the difference) chopped ute.

Dunno what body style it started life as, but it looked a treat driving in.

The driver...
        03-02-2019, 01:15 AM
      • Steve Plucker
        To the English Model A'ers
        by Steve Plucker
        To any English Model A'ers..

I know there are a few who frequent this site.

Are any of you in a position to see if it was recorded in any English newspapers about the Introduction of the Model A Ford on December 2, 1927?

My information has that Ford has sent to England assembled cars for the showing and I would like to know just what body styles were represented...
        04-11-2020, 12:30 PM
      • Jwmckenzie
        32-34 Model 46 Exploded Distributor view
        by Jwmckenzie

David Renner installed a new shaft onto my weight plate, and fitted the shaft to new bushings. He also had all the parts I need to get it finished. Very nice --- As always from Renner's Corner. He also provide this exploded view of the distributor.

Which was very helpful....
        10-27-2020, 09:07 AM
      • DaWizard
        Brain Twister
        by DaWizard

Well CRAP, didn't post all my eloquent words!!

Ok, try this again!

Ok boys and girls, I finished removing the starter and stuck my flexible magnet down the hole to see what would jump out at me, and this is what I found.

In all my years of experience, a search of my internal hard drive has come up empty, so I am putting the question out to the
        07-29-2017, 11:33 AM
      Working...
      X