Modern radiator core design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modern radiator core design

There is a radiator manufacturer near me that advertises all types of radiator cores. While I don't need one now I thought I might take an A core down to them and see what they can offer the hobby. I don't think any of the "Model A" radiator guys sell just cores anymore and was wondering if there would be a market for just cores that you would use your tanks.

I think Maine radiator sells cores, and recores originals. Brassworks advertises that they will recore your tanks.
    Bill
    http://www.brauchauto.com/
    Eastern Connecticut

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• mhsprecher
      New radiator decision
      by mhsprecher
      I need to get a new radiator for my late 28 roadster. The good news is that there are options. The challenge is that there may be more than one good option. Here is what I have narrowed it down to:

1. New Berg's radiator
      2. New Brassworks round tube radiator
      3. Have Bert's recore my old radiator

Many people love Berg's radiators. They don't recore anymore,...
      12-02-2018, 09:11 PM
    • JohnB15632
      Radiator straighening
      by JohnB15632
      I figured that there was something wrong with the radiator installation that prevented the hood from aligning correctly.

Well, I backed my A out into the sunlight and wow, my radiator is catiumbus.

So, how do I straighten the radiator?

Thanks,
      06-25-2020, 11:27 AM
    • BillLee/Chandler, TX
      Radiator diagrams
      by BillLee/Chandler, TX
      Does anybody know where I can get the Ford drawings/blueprints for the '29 radiator? I am interested in the specification of the radiator frame dimensions, core placement, etc.

Thanks.

Bill
      02-09-2020, 05:40 PM
    • Ida's 29 Town Sedan
      Which replacement radiator to buy?
      by Ida's 29 Town Sedan
      I have a 29 Delux Fordor Town Sedan that needs a new radiator. Which is better Brassworks or Berg radiator?...
      05-05-2019, 11:02 AM
    • 2manycars
      Brassworks radiator
      by 2manycars
      Both sides of the radiator brackets have come loose from the tank.
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.
      04-23-2018, 04:04 PM
    • CHL
      Question, Will a 32 radiator fit in a 31 roadster pickup radiator shell?
      by CHL
      a friend putting a v8-60 in needs to know....
      09-03-2019, 11:58 AM
    • ClaudeC
      Model A vs Model B radiator
      by ClaudeC
      These radiators seem to have identical inlets and outlets yet is the model B radiator different capacity/ greater heat exchange than a model A radiator?
      01-04-2018, 05:26 PM
    • old victoria
      brass works radiator
      by old victoria
      anyone have trouble with a brassworks radiator with the filler neck to short? 1930-31
      12-10-2018, 06:40 PM
    • Tom Wesenberg
      My 50 Cent Radiator Bargain at Gilmore
      by Tom Wesenberg
      About 20 years ago I bought a bad original 1928-9 radiator for $5, then in 1999 I bought a new Berg's 1928-9 round tube core at Hershey, just in case I ever needed one. The $5 bad radiator was missing one of the steel side brackets, so I couldn't put together a good radiator from what I had. At Gilmore I was able to buy the side brackets and core end plates for 50 cents, so now I can put together...
      09-26-2018, 09:25 PM
    • ClaudeC
      small radiator leaks, high up on radiator
      by ClaudeC
      Got my 1933 v8 engine running, running great motor sound like a new engine. Experiencing several tiny radiator leaks high up on the radiator. Any ideas how to locate the actual hole? Should I try "stop leak"...
      05-29-2019, 07:52 AM
    Working...
    X