30 Coupe -passenger latch assy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30 Coupe -passenger latch assy

Anyone have a good picture of passenger latch assembly they can post? All my springs are broke/missing and I'd like to be sure I'm replacing them properly

thanks

Did you ever get your springs installed on the latch?

I have some pictures of my 29 left door latch assembly, which should be the same as a 30 coupe latch. The right latch of course would have a key lock, where my picture shows an inside slide lock, but the springs for the latch assemble should be the same. In the third picture you can see the loop end of the main latch spring, which needs to be tucked inside the door lip as you install the assembly. In the fourth picture you can see I still need to install the spring on the rod from the handle to the latch assembly. After installing new springs and greasing all the moving parts, my door latches very nicely now.

Comment

Thanks Tom.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• GranTudor
        How to Install Springs on Door Latch Rods
        by GranTudor
        I have been trying to install the latch return springs on the inside door latch rods and get the end of the latch return spring in the hole in the door latch . Of course all are epoxy painted but can be repainted. Thanks Grant.
        10-15-2018, 01:18 PM
      • Beauford
        Door Latch
        by Beauford
        For some reson my pass door on my 29 RPU wont stay shut. It always needed a slam but now that doesnt even work. Latches and mechanisms are all new. Spring on latch is strong. I know the door is a little off but didn't know if something was easier than shimming.
        09-13-2018, 07:10 PM
      • Tom Wesenberg
        Removing Door Handles and Repairing Door Latches and Locks
        by Tom Wesenberg
        I had to replace some broken springs in my 1929 Tudor. To remove the handle, just remove the 2 screws on the outside, then turn the handle 45 degrees, wiggle it as you pull outward. Spraying Kroil on the square shaft helps during removal, as does holding the flap inward to relieve some pressure. Then you can remove the screws on the latch assembly and work the latch out of the door. It's very tight...
        09-02-2017, 09:48 AM
      • Superhart
        Sliding Lock For Passenger Door Latch Modification
        by Superhart
        I decided to attempt to modify a passenger side latch on my 1930 Model A coupe to accommodate a sliding lock mechanism. First, I placed an order with Snyder’s for a new set of latches along with a sliding lock, lock knob mounting screws and escutcheon. When the parts arrived it appeared that this might not be such a complicated modification after all. Look at the first photo and you will note the...
        04-09-2020, 05:57 PM
      • dmaxweb
        Door Latch Rods 30 Coupe
        by dmaxweb
        The end of the rods are worn and no longer fit snug in the recess (2 flat sides and 2 rounded sides) of the interior door handle. Because of this the handle will not stay tight. For the very small amount of material that needs to be added, welding and filing down seems extreme. I thought about applying a thin layer of Marine Tex epoxy to build it up and then sand down to fit. Another option is repro...
        05-12-2020, 09:55 PM
      • Aretino
        Passenger door handle.
        by Aretino
        Need to know how to remove passenger door handle on my 31 coupe. The lever shaft seems to be captured by something internal of the door. I purchased a new locking handle assembly and need advice on how to install. Thanks
        05-31-2019, 01:55 PM
      • Hawaii Pro 31
        31 Ford Door no second click when closing
        by Hawaii Pro 31
        I’ve changed the striker, door latch too but it will not click two times as it closes. I, clearanced the outside of the door frame so there is space around the door and adjusted the striker a few times too. You push the door in, click but it will not click again to close the door. Is the door still contacting the body or is the striker the culprit,,,Thank you...
        01-16-2019, 04:36 PM
      • dmaxweb
        Rumble Latch Striker
        by dmaxweb
        Before I do anything with this, is there a reason the "ears" are bent up so that it does not sit flat?...
        03-14-2020, 02:45 PM
      • albjerryg
        Passenger Door mechanics
        by albjerryg
        I have the 1955 Victoria just got it and trying to fix the little things wrong with it. The passenger door does not close properly. It hits like a thud. The wheel on the door is loose and the door button stays pushed in. Does any one have a good diagram or picture that shows how the door mechanic work are a site that might have it. I have ordered a new/used door latch assembly. Thanks for any help....
        06-16-2019, 09:42 AM
      • Superhart
        Passenger Side Sliding Lock
        by Superhart
        I have a 1930 5-window coupe street rod. I have installed a locking door handle on the driver's side door and would like to install a sliding inside door lock on the passenger door. Has anyone done this modification? I just purchased a matched R/L locking handle set from Speedway. Is it possible to install a sliding lock on the passenger door? If anyone has any photos of the door interior metal with...
        03-15-2020, 03:08 PM
      Working...
      X