GAMARAI TOUR REPORT AND PICTURES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GAMARAI TOUR REPORT AND PICTURES

This past week I went to tour with the central model a club of Iowa, what a wonderful bunch of people make you feel right at home We left Altoona Iowa(desmoines) on our way to Davenport Ia. On the way we visited the amana colonies and drove thru rural areas with fields of corn and beautiful farms. We then spent the next 3 nights in davenport on the mississippi river. There is so much to see there and visited Wild Bill's wild west show museum and a beautiful river road drive. We visited the Dahl car collection and this man takes one out and drives them they do not just sit in a building. We also had on wednesday evening a seminar put on by Craig Beek(hope I got that right) he has every model of brass era ford from the very beginning he does not have a 1908 2 pedal 2 lever model T only a few were made. I know a lot about model t fords and learned a great deal I did not know. The next day he hosted everyone from the group at his shop and collection, it is decorated and built to resemble a ford dealership in the era. Lunch was enjoyed here after touring his shop and collection. The afternoon you were on your own to tour and shop the area. Thursday I went home (been sick the whole week but still participated as much as I could. Thursday the folks were headed to coralville Iowa 80 miles away to visit the herbert hoover presidential library, John Waynes birth place is in desoto ia. They spent the night in coralville ia. and returned to Altoona on friday. I will add some photos later that I down loaded from my wifes I-phone since they are too big.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Cars on the gamarai tour, There were about 4 slant window four doors coupes, roadsters, tudors and 2 cabriolets Enjoy them.
    This gallery has 13 photos.

Comment

Good pics Chief! Thanks for sharing.

The 20,000,000th Model A Ford drove on some of these same roads that the cars drove on last week. It also made a stop at Herbert Hoover's birthplace in West Branch, Iowa.

I've been to the Dahl Ford collection over on Grand Ave. in Davenport,,, they have some pretty nice antique cars and the storage building is cool too like a 1930's Ford dealership kinda similar to Craig's! Dahl Ford has been in business since 1937 if I recall their ad.

Comment

• BNCHIEF
        BNCHIEF commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Jeff glad you enjoyed them, wish i had the oppurtunity to meet both you amd Marshall Dault as he lives in the Davenport area, These guys do this every year but in 19 it will be a regional meet.

• Jeff/Illinois
        Jeff/Illinois commented
        Editing a comment
        No problem I was hoping maybe Marshall met up with you guys at the Dahl Ford old car garage in Davenport, it's only maybe three miles from his house. He probably didn't know about it or else something came up and he couldn't hook up with you guys. Super knowledgeable guy on Model A Fords the local AACA chapter members, Mississippi Valley Chapter, run to him for Model A help!!

Related Topics

Collapse

• Curly
      Where is your clubs big tour this season?
      by Curly
      Our Alaskan A’s just returned from a week long trip to Kodiak, Alaska. We had about 20 vintage cars half were Model A’s. The ferry ride was a nine hour ferry each way. The cars were enclosed in the belly of the ship the whole way.
      The folks in Kodiak were so appreciative and they really rolled out the red carpet for us. One member lost a main bearing on the way but his son had him another...
      06-22-2018, 05:48 PM
    • BNCHIEF
      Gammarri Tour completed
      by BNCHIEF
      I just got back from the gamari tour in Iowa each year they pack a suitcase and drive to a different place each year starting out in Desmoines Iowa this is put on by the central iowa model a club and lasts ten days. Happy to say my car ran like a champ it was hot and windy 95, went to fonda iowa very nice little museum here had lunch in the community center and drove to emmittsburg for the night....
      This gallery has 31 photos.
      09-22-2018, 11:12 AM
    • BNCHIEF
      What type of old car event do you like to attend and why. Name some
      by BNCHIEF
      Tours are my favorite both national and regional. I have been to one national MARC event saw a lot of cars but not really any organized touring all on your own, met a lot of really nice people and saw some beautiful cars as well.
      This year i am going to go to a MAFCA tour in Texas this will be my first so it should be interesting for sure.
      Over the last three years i have gone on regional...
      02-19-2020, 08:10 AM
    • Jeff/Illinois
      2017 GAMARAI
      by Jeff/Illinois
      Central Iowa Model A Ford Club's annual cruise in Iowa going on this week. Great Annual Model A Ride Around Iowa. Today they are in Davenport I see on their web site. Good weather going on now..... anybody on here that can see them or post a few pics?? Marshall are you out there!!?? I have to run to the Quad Cities Wed. I will try to hunt them down. They are also going to view Craig Beek's Model...
      09-19-2017, 02:45 PM
    • Steve Plucker
      COVID -19 and Monthly Model A Ford Meetings and activities
      by Steve Plucker
      Just how are the many chapters of MARC and MAFCA handling your monthly Model A Ford meetings?

As for the Walla Walla Sweet A's (MAFCA) we have elected not to put out a monthly newsletter or even have monthly meetings since March 2020. However a few of the members have, since last month, gone on a lunch tour.

What has been your situation these past few months?

08-30-2020, 09:55 AM
    • Jim Baskin III
      Future of Auto Restoration
      by Jim Baskin III
      Took the Model A to a show at Penn College of Williamsport Pennsylvania.They have a 2 and 4 year auto restoration degree.The only one on the east coast.We as a club got to tour the Restoration shop.The tour was fascinating and I got to meet the students that are enrolled.They are Model T and Model A nuts,now I'm talking about 18-22 year olds.They have put together 1 stationary Model T and 2 stationary...
      04-09-2018, 09:05 AM
    • BNCHIEF
      Craig Beek's Model T collection
      by BNCHIEF
      Craig Beek is the man who has assembled the collection of beautiful ford brass cars it is a real treat to see all of them and He and his wife are two of the most wonderful people you will ever meet. He is located in Moline Illinois. All of these cars have been aaca national winners along with other accolades.
      This gallery has 22 photos.
      09-20-2020, 07:46 AM
    • WMWS
      Long distance tour
      by WMWS
      Does anyone know if there is a group going on a long distance tour. Like across the country or to Alaska. Maybe one of the clubs that you could join. 5 to 10 cars would be just right. It would take some organizing with logistics, parts and at least one or two good mechanics. Does anyone else think that sounds fun?
      12-03-2019, 01:07 PM
    • RandomROG
      Covid-19 Thank You Tour
      by RandomROG
      Corley the Wonderful and I were working on a Thank You Tour for front line people working through the Covid-19 virus. And the I saw Joop's bumper banner, on MAFCA A of the Day. I contacted him & said I intended to copy his. He made his with peel & stick letters and pulled logos off the internet.

Well I took his ideas to Signs & More [a local sign shop] ([email protected]...
      04-28-2020, 07:07 PM
    • BNCHIEF
      Model a fall tour in Iowa in september
      by BNCHIEF
      This tour will be in the southwest part of Iowa I have gone to about three tours these folks put on and they are a fantastic group to tour with. On their website you will find all the links to hotels as well as tour information.
      08-08-2019, 07:25 AM
    Working...
    X