Articles and Sub-Forums FYI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Articles and Sub-Forums FYI

I posted up some extraordinary informational write up's submitted to me by Pluck. I placed these in our Articles area which i think was a better spot than the tech forum since they are very long and detailed. These articles are about the evolution of the engine block, oil pump, brake shoe and the junction box.
    Thanks Pluck for allowing these to be shared exclusively on the VFF.
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Regarding our tech forum i am considering adding another Tech sub-forum to help organize things a little better. We have accumulated a decent amount of quality information on many different subjects and this may help to scroll through the threads better.

I was thinking to have one for power-train which would included engine, rear, trans, drive-ability, fuel, cooling

and the other would be Body, frame and suspension which would include electrical, brakes, front end, interior and exterior items, and so forth.

i can always shuffle things up once i get this going such as move one to another and so forth but maybe this will be a start..

Ideas? You know i always look to you folks for support / input!!!
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Here's how ford did it. probably too granular, but it's a place to start. see the second table

http://jmodela.coffeecup.com/fordnumbers.html

http://jmodela.coffeecup.com

Comment

Thanks for posting the interesting article on Terminal Boxes. Not sure what Fordite compound E is ,but we used to collect Fordite beads that were composed of byproducts from the enamel overspray in the paint booths and removed from the racks. Could this be the same stuff ?

Comment

Thanks JIm
          3 ~ Tudor's
          Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Well it's done!
            It looks pretty good to me and i added them in the drop down menu for easier maneuvering
            3 ~ Tudor's
            Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Mitch
              Technical threads needed
              by Mitch
              Lets get some technical how to type threads started on the main Model A forum. These threads will be merged into our tech forum for future reference. We have a few merges in the Model A engine topics thread so far (ck it out). When we get more drive-ability things for instance they can eventually be merged into one thread in that forum. Each category is not limited to a certain amount of info. One...
              06-11-2017, 11:05 PM
            • Mitch
              Please Read, Powertrain Tech Forum Guidelines and Info!
              by Mitch
              Welcome to the Powertrain Technical Forum.

This area contains a wide range of subjects incld, Brakes, Differentials, Transmission, Clutch, Axle and other misc related topics.

Most of these technical threads are copied from the main discussion forum. We have included links on many of them from which they originated from, so they actually reside in both places. Sometimes more...
              05-13-2017, 04:16 PM
            • Mitch
              Please Read, Chassis Tech Forum Guidelines and Info!
              by Mitch
              Welcome to the Body and Chassis Technical Forum

This area contains a wide range of subjects incld, seatbelts, interior, tire, body wood, wipers and other misc topics.

Most of these technical threads are copied from the main discussion forum. We have included links on many of them from which they originated from, so they actually reside in both places. Sometimes more responses...
              09-22-2017, 10:16 PM
            • Mitch
              Please Read, Engine / Cooling Tech Forum Guidelines and Info!
              by Mitch
              Welcome to the Engine and Cooling System Technical Forum

This area contains a wide range of subjects incld, Mechanical Engine Info, Cooling Systems and other misc related topics.

Most of these technical threads are copied from the main discussion forum. We have included links on many of them from which they originated from, so they actually reside in both places. Sometimes...
              03-19-2018, 10:47 PM
            • Mitch
              Please Read, Misc Tech Forum Guidelines and Info!
              by Mitch
              Welcome to the Miscellaneous Technical Forum

This area contains a wide range of subjects that don't fit into the other technical sub~forums

Most of these technical threads are copied from the main discussion forum. We have included links on many of them from which they originated from, so they actually reside in both places. Sometimes more responses were added after the posts...
            • Mitch
              Please Read, Performance Tech Forum Guidelines and Info!
              by Mitch
              Welcome to the Tune-Up and Performance Technical Forum

This area contains a wide range of subjects incld, Ignition, Distributor, Driveability, Diagnostics and other misc topics.

Most of these technical threads are copied from the main discussion forum. We have included links on many of them from which they originated from, so they actually reside in both places. Sometimes...
            • Steve Plucker
              The American Machinist and the Fay Leone Faurote articles...
              by Steve Plucker
              In 1928 and in the American Machinist magazine, Mr. Fay Leone Faurote wrote several articles, 12 altogether, about the Ford Model A titled "Equipment Makes Possible the Ford Model A". These articles went from April 19, 1928 through August 16, 1928...at least these are what I have.

My question is this...For those that may know...were there other articles written by him beyond...
              05-03-2020, 09:03 AM
            • Steve Plucker
              Ford's Cadmium Plating process...
              by Steve Plucker
              The following article describes Ford's Cadmium plating process of brake shoes (and more than likely other cad plating items) starting on page 3 to 4.

http://www.plucks329s.org/pdf/brakes...hoe_lining.pdf

Interesting.

Pluck...
              03-15-2019, 12:45 AM
            • Mitch
              The New Ford engine and cooling articles
              by Mitch
              These Articles are both very informative. Enjoy

https://www.vintagefordforum.com/art...-where-and-how

https://www.vintagefordforum.com/art...coolong-system
              10-13-2019, 11:34 AM
            • Mitch
              Welcome to the Body and Paint Forum
              by Mitch
              Many Early Ford hobbyist like to do their own body and paint work. Here you will find information regarding all facets of body, paint and metal repair. These topics will range from working in a make shift backyard or garage environment to a professional one. Feel free to post and document your body and paint project. I will be moving some of the technical posts from the Model A chassis sub~forum to...
              09-20-2019, 09:05 AM
            Working...
            X