Bubba White: The Miracle Whitewall Brightener

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bubba White: The Miracle Whitewall Brightener

What does the creative redneck use to brighten whitewalls when the wife's fingers are already worn to the bone?

Would her white shoe polish work in a pinch? Or is there a good whitewall tire paint at the part store?
    Last edited by newshirt; 05-30-2017, 09:07 AM.
    Ray White
    - 1929 Sport Coupe
    - 1929 Closed Cab Pickup

Model A Technical Trivial Quizzes:
    http://sthosted.com/judging/index.html

the white wall cleaning debate...
    i just read on Brattons site under tires to use simple green... if anything with bleach is used it will screw up the rubber...

another option is to turn the wheel around:p
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

I use Simple Green on Goodyear's, and the dirt melts away.

Comment

Simple Green on new whitewalls to keep them white, Comet Soft Scrub with bleach on old Bubba whitewalls and then Simple Green to keep them white. Use lightly, green scratch pad, wash off and roll with curlers!!!! ;)
      "Bullshit and Brilliance Comes with Age and Experience"

Comment

Mr. Clean Magic Erasers work well without using chemicals that could affect the rubber.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael M View Post
          Mr. Clean Magic Erasers work well without using chemicals that could affect the rubber.
          I never heard of "Magic Erasers" until about 4 years ago when my neighbor told me to try them on my boat steering wheel. Nothing would remove the dirt and age to make it white again, until I tried Magic Eraser. That worked wonders.

Comment

I use Simple Green but I cut it with water. I think full strength is a little much. YMMV

Comment

I have found that Simple Green works wonders. Also, the 99¢ Store carry plastic ScotchBrite that will not eat the rubber.
              You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Jm29henry
                Newer white walls keep yellowing
                by Jm29henry
                i bought a new set of white wall Firestones from Crocker tire .My mistake was I cleaned the blue soap off my new tires with Wesley bleach now after a few day they yellow and after the winter they almost look brown. So,I cleaned them now with simple green they come white but n a weeks time they start yellowing again is there any thing I can do to keep them white or did I ruin them thanks in advanced...
                05-15-2017, 08:19 PM
              • Brian in Wheeling
                Antifreeze Info ~ orange or green?
                by Brian in Wheeling
                What do you use and why? I know some don't use it. But what are the consideration?
                Brian W.
                09-13-2017, 06:56 PM
              • dmdeaton
                Brand New Firestone Whitewall Tires
                by dmdeaton
                Hi all, been a while. I have been busy with work and getting taxes done. Not on here much lately. Bought 5 new Firestones for the roadster before winter set in and got them mounted and installed just in time to sit in the garage for the winter. Backed her out yesterday to get ready for the warm weather and noticed one out of the five had a brown discolored whitewall. Tried everything to bring it back...
                03-25-2019, 12:57 PM
              • Jeff/Illinois
                Tire Dressing
                by Jeff/Illinois
                I've tried a lot of different ones, Meguiar's, Turtle Wax, etc. they are OK BUT,,,,

Just used some Big Classic tire dressing I bought from Coker Tires and the stuff is great! Wash the tires real good with soapy water, dry it off, spray someBig Classic on a shop towel, wipe the tire down, come back in 10 minutes and buff the tire what a shine! And it doesn't have any harsh chemicals, safe...
                03-10-2018, 11:51 AM
              • Bobm90
                More tire info requested
                by Bobm90
                In response to my "wandering" and tow in questions, several people have suggested switching to Radial tires, here's my question, what size, should I go for wider than stock? What brand? Does anyone make a white wall, I like the look and just hate to switch to Black but the car must be safe and drivable. Were whites were available as a option back in 1930?
                06-30-2018, 09:07 AM
              • Art Ebeling
                Stripe color
                by Art Ebeling
                I am about to put the hood on the Victoria. For some reason it just never got painted till now. It's going to be time to call JB about striping and Mrs. Lucky is giving me the look about the Apple Green. Although it would not be my first choice it is the only stripe for the Elkpoint/Kewanee colors. You do see a lot of way too lime tinted Apple Green wheels which are too bright. I hope the correct...
                01-16-2019, 07:27 AM
              • plyfor
                Tire Dressing
                by plyfor
                I bought some new Lucas blackwalls to try them out about 2 years ago and want to freshen them. Does anyone have a favorite product ?
                01-26-2019, 01:27 PM
              • Leo
                Best Model A Car Wax/Polish???
                by Leo
                Boy, I'm lighting the fuse with this one. And you probably thought there were a lot of opinions about motor oil. Ha, wait till we get done with this one......
                06-15-2018, 12:43 PM
              • Mike Morton
                What Is The Best all around tire for The Model A ?
                by Mike Morton
                Going to need to put some new tires on the old girl and was wondering what is the best all around tire for touring and I may go back with the white walls or should I paint my rims apple and go with black walls? What does everyone think?...
                03-15-2018, 08:16 PM
              • WMWS
                Antifreeze
                by WMWS
                I have been using Prestone "the green stuff". It says it contains ethylene glycol. Then I looked at some Peak, also green, that I had and some of the GM orange stuff. They all said contains ethylene glycol. No mention of OAT or IAT. From what I have read color doesn't mean much anymore. OAT seems to be a no no but how do you really know what you have if it doesn't say. Then there is Propylene...
                06-02-2019, 09:32 AM
              Working...
              X