2017 GAMARAI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 GAMARAI

Central Iowa Model A Ford Club's annual cruise in Iowa going on this week. Great Annual Model A Ride Around Iowa. Today they are in Davenport I see on their web site. Good weather going on now..... anybody on here that can see them or post a few pics?? Marshall are you out there!!?? I have to run to the Quad Cities Wed. I will try to hunt them down. They are also going to view Craig Beek's Model T collection. I have seen it it is amazing! And he is a super nice fellow!

It's also listed in our meets and tours forum

Chief from here went
    3~ Tudor's & 1~ Coupe
    Henry Ford said,
    "It's all nuts and bolts"
    "Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible."

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Jeff i will tell everyone all about it here stay tuned.

Comment

Thanks I went up to Craig Beek's to see the cars, they were great! I may have spoken to you I milled around the group a lot. I was going to drive the '36 PU there but I thought 'it's too stinkin' hot' then when I realized just what the Central Iowa Model A Club had endured I realized I was just a big weenie!! I saw on the weather that nite that the QC got a torrential downpour and quite a lightning show. Take care....

Comment

Jeff that is true i had mine tucked safely in the trailer, Unfortunately you did not speak to me I was sicker than a dog and spent the day in my room asleep,however I did attend the presentation he did the night before quite an impressive collection. It is said he has every kind of brass era t that ford made made except one a 1908 2 pedal 2 lever also called a 1909 but said he knew where some were. Quite a guy. wish i had been there and able to meet you talked to a few guys who had just acquired model t"s and offered any help I could here on the vff in the t section we need to pump it up. By the way beautiful area and wonderful people some folks from the illinois chapter 5 of them joined us in davenport.

Comment

• Jeff/Illinois
            Jeff/Illinois commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes there was a group from Forever Fours down in Peoria that came up. I was sitting talking to them and didn't realize they were from Peoria until they got up to leave; I didn't want to hold them up I wanted to ask them about Rainmaker Ron and what was going on in his circles..... I don't know him real well only met him briefly about 8 years ago. Pretty knowledgable Model A guy for sure plus he has a '35 Ford pickup I needed to pick his brain on a couple things.

When the Cabriolet was leaving north on 7th St. along with several others, heading for the John Deere Commons down by Plow Planter, I got behind them to listen to the cars and see them driving. A Moline cop was so taken by the Model A's that I saw him run a red light while he was gawking at them. Luckily there was a gap in traffic it could have been bad!!
            Last edited by Jeff/Illinois; 09-22-2017, 06:12 PM.
        widgetinstance 451 (<center>Related Topics</center>) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X