• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Related Topics

Collapse

• bettlesr
    Block or head layout
    by bettlesr
    I am looking for a drawing of the stud locations vs the center line of the cylinder bores. I have a Winfield 7:1 crow's foot head that I need to have flycut to clear the pistons that stick up .062" above the block. I have been using a standard gasket, a solid copper gasket and then another standard gasket. That is not really working well at this time. It left me with a crack between the water...
    08-08-2018, 12:26 PM
  • Fixitphil
    Block Cleaning
    by Fixitphil
    How careful should I be in cleaning the engine block surface after pulling the head? do I need to keep all debris out of water jackets, cylinders, etc.?
    05-06-2018, 09:32 AM
  • Chuck Sea/Tac
    Casting holes
    by Chuck Sea/Tac
    Anyone know how these casting holes were factory sealed.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    07-04-2017, 04:00 PM
  • sphanna
    Head gasket advice
    by sphanna
    I have a Snyder 6:1 head on my Fordor The gasket I have in stock is a BEST GASKET 573. Also has part number of B-6051-C sticker & additionally a Ford licensed product # 3020. All this is labeled on the sealed packaging of the head gasket. Is this considered the best gasket? I want to instal the best available. I purchased this about 3 years ago for a spare. Wondering if there is a better...
    06-11-2018, 10:51 PM
  • 29er
    New head gasket with removal of water outlet to add a temp probe?
    by 29er
    I'm thinking about adding a temperature probe to the "gooseneck" water outlet. The existing outlet will have to be removed since it does not have a hole for a probe. Will this operation require replacement of the head gasket?

Thanks!
    09-21-2018, 10:40 PM
  • thom
    cracked head
    by thom
    This morning the cylinder head cracked on our '28 coupe. I cranked it and drove off in it without checking the level in the radiator, but I had checked it last evening and it was good. There was no sign of leakage under the car or water/coolant showing on the oil dipstick. Shortly after startup, I heard a whistling sound and stopped to check it out. There is a crack across the head about 2/3 back...
    10-04-2019, 01:46 PM
  • 1930artdeco
    Blown HG results
    by 1930artdeco
    Ok. got the head off and here are the results as far as I can tell. Obviously it happened in #3 and in Pic #2 near the center water jacket you can see a rust trail leading to under the head gasket. Flipped the gasket over and there is a tear in the silicon around the water jacket hole. So I am down to cleaning and then rebuild time. The only thing I can come up with is that that nut was either loose...
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.
    02-03-2019, 08:15 PM
  • rheacox
    Has anyone used this head gasket?
    by rheacox
    As some might know I have a head gasket job in my near future and up to this point have thought that the Best 573(C or G) was the optimal gasket for my Snyder 5.5 head.

However, I just saw this, https://www.snydersantiqueauto.com/P...earchByKeyword on their site. The picture appears to have the BEST name stamped on the gasket but...
    06-03-2019, 10:25 AM
  • Roadster Rich
    Water Inlet and Outlet seal
    by Roadster Rich
    I should know this, but what is best to use when you have some very rough corroded areas just behind the higher seal surface on both the top outlet casting and the bottom inlet casting? These sure look like they will need something right under where the clamp is to make the seal. If just the higher lip is important then maybe I don't need to worry about how pitted and rough is is just behind the...
    06-08-2017, 12:13 PM
  • Fixitphil
    Water oozing out of head stud
    by Fixitphil
    What is causing water to ooz out of #3 and #2 head stud after about 100 miles on new "A" head and gasket?
    What is the proper installation of head studs.......to tighten down or to run to the bottom of the threads and back off a 1/2 turn or so?
    11-13-2018, 10:28 PM
Working...
X