More ammeter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More ammeter

If i hook up an accessary does it matter which side of the ammeter it goes on?

technically, no.
    But if you want the ammeter to show the load, hook on the downstream side
    depends what you want

Comment

Here's a wiring diagram. Connect to the yellow with black stripe so the drain will show on the ammeter when the engine is off.
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Bikerider58
        Ammeter going out
        by Bikerider58
        The ammeter worked, but on the last drive it looks like it is going out.

30 coupe, 6v alternator with 12v ps. After starting the meter would show 10a charge and drop to 2 or 3 after a bit. Turning lights on would cause higher reading. With engine off, it would show negative with lights on.

Now it shows near 10 running and 0 when off, even with lights on.

Many...
        09-23-2018, 02:23 PM
      • kent
        not chargeing
        by kent
        my ammeter is reading discharge when running,when not running and lights on it reads full charge.genorater rebuilt by pro new cut out same time,only 500 miles.was working fine.genorater is putting out.help!...
        08-08-2018, 08:56 AM
      • ClaudeC
        Van Pelts distributor wiring diagram WRONG
        by ClaudeC
        I have been told that the Van Pelts and other 1933-36 v8 spark plug wiring diagrams are WRONG. The physical locations of the wire connections are WRONG but will be 90 degrees out of phase.. Spark plug wire should be plugged into the molded numbered sockets regardless of their physical locations on the end plate..
        I guess I was the first guy that ever tried to use these diagrams....hard to believe!...
        04-08-2018, 02:09 PM
      • Pklarkin
        12 volt wiring diagram?
        by Pklarkin
        Hi all,

The restoration continues... does anyone know where I can find a complete vehicle-wide 12-volt wiring diagram? I've been searching all over the web and I've found several parts of the info, but not a complete one and a couple conflict with one another. Any assistance is appreciated. Thanks.

Pat
        09-06-2017, 08:59 AM
      • copgib
        Cutout Wiring
        by copgib
        When I started to work on my car I was informed by some of you that my cutout wiring was wrong. Does it look correct now? Both before and after pictures attached. Hugh
        This gallery has 2 photos.
        06-28-2018, 04:23 PM
      • Bill G
        Chinese Ammeter
        by Bill G
        I am really frustrated. My car is not by any means a show car. I ordered a new instrument dash panel and ammeter from a reputable supplier. Yes, I know that these ammeters are junk, but gee whiz. It sits so crooked when installed with the tabs lining up with the indentations. It was supposed to dress the old girl up a bit, but it drives me nuts.
        03-27-2018, 01:34 AM
      • Michael M
        Wiring diagrams
        by Michael M
        FWIW, a site I stumbled across.

http://wiringdiagramcircuit.co/simple/43-1605...
        02-13-2018, 07:17 PM
      • Terry, NJ
        Wouldn't start.
        by Terry, NJ
        So I was taking the A out (The one with the rebuilt rear) to get some mileage on the new gears and I stopped at the WaWa for coffee. I came out and it wouldn't start. "OH NO!" sez I. It must be the gas! I did the usual things, even took the carburetor apart. I found some sparkly stuff in the bottom (Despite the three filters) But it was getting gas. I just happened to look at the ammeter...
        05-27-2018, 10:11 AM
      • Fred S
        Generator shows discharge
        by Fred S
        I installed what is supposed to be a newly rebuilt generator. I flashed it. Then attached an on off switch between the generator and the wire that goes to it. Started the car with the switch off, and the ammeter showed zero. Turned on the switch, and the ammeter shows minus 10 with the engine running. I took off the belt and turned on the switch and the generator motors slowly in the correct direction...
        05-30-2018, 03:16 PM
      • Mitch
        Homemade Tools
        by Mitch
        Post your homemade tools to this thread.
        06-15-2017, 08:50 PM
      Working...
      X