Gerard and Sons Restoration, Indiana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gerard and Sons Restoration, Indiana

Does anyone happen to know the quality of work this shop does? Im considering a car that they recently restored but I have not heard of this shop.
    Thank you

Never heard of them either but as with any purchase check it out in person.
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Curly I have heard very good things about them. It is 'Gerald and Sons Restorations' out of Nappanee, Indiana. I know that some of their cars turn up at Barrett-Jackson and they are pretty well restored cars!

Check out their web-site the Roadster they showcase looks First-Class as do their other antique Fords. 'Specializing in Antique Fords'!!

http://geraldandsonsrestorations.com/
      Last edited by Jeff/Illinois; 09-16-2017, 05:43 PM.

Comment

• BILL WILLIAMSON
        BILL WILLIAMSON commented
        Editing a comment
        I always "wonder"----"WHY they PUSH some cars through AUCTIONS"??? (HMMM!)
        Dad Suspicious

Dad,
      i think it has to do with not wanting the exhaust fumes inside the building/tent. Could be to keep the sound out too.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Brian in Wheeling
        Anyone near Marietta, OH?
        by Brian in Wheeling
        If you are - ever heard of a place called Marietta Ignition? I've heard they do engine work, including pouring babbitt, etc., for the Model T and A cars. Any info is appreciated.

Brian W.
        09-15-2017, 08:38 AM
      • Jeff/Illinois
        Antique Auto Auction Terre Haute Indiana June 23
        by Jeff/Illinois
        This guy had a lot of stuff. Model T's and sprint cars

http://www.njgallivan.com/auction/33...les-race-cars/
        04-27-2018, 06:16 PM
      • Terry, NJ
        How Much $$$ ?
        by Terry, NJ
        Nothing is in motion yet, but it's a good possibility that a friend will be involved in negotiations for two cars. A 1931 two door touring car and a 1931 Sport Coupe. Both cars are deluxe models.
        The cars are as follows; 1931 2dr Touring Car, Judged to be a #4 condition, Sidemounts, stone guard, Complete, but sitting without starting for at least 15 years in unheated garage. Both cars are older...
        01-11-2021, 02:08 PM
      • Jordan
        Model A restoration shop review
        by Jordan
        https://www.hemmings.com/users/216371/story/795.html

Interesting article reviewing a particular Model A Shop. Thought it was worth a read. Just spreading for general knowledge in the hobby.
        12-11-2019, 11:29 AM
      • Fixitphil
        Pointers on 1st time Tour Leader
        by Fixitphil
        I need some pointers on leading a Model A a one day tour for the first time. About 180 miles round trip.
        Thanks, Phil
        02-01-2018, 04:39 PM
      • Tom Wesenberg
        What's Up with the Old Car Market?
        by Tom Wesenberg
        Must be everyone else is broke also. Can you imagine buying this great car for only $34,000. A person could put that much into restoring a model A. 1931 through 1934 had some of the most beautiful car designs ever IMHO. Only 11,500 miles on a near mint original 1934 Pierce Arrow.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1934-Pierce...Swru1dvacU&amp...
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.
        11-10-2019, 12:11 PM
      • Jeff/Illinois
        Not Pleased w/ Grundy Insurance
        by Jeff/Illinois
        I had two antique cars covered by Grundy for several years. I no longer needed the coverage so I wrote to them last August and canceled my policy.

Several weeks went by and I never heard anything back nor saw a refund check. I called them and they said 'We rec'd your cancellation notice August 20th. It was processed on September 17th(??) It may take up to 30 days for you to get it. If...
        10-11-2018, 07:44 PM
      • Mark Maron
        Thank you Gary Indiana for your contribution!!!
        by Mark Maron
        I would like to thank the Gary Indiana dept of Streets and Sani. for there wonderful pot holes and their contribution to this!
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 2 photos.
        09-20-2018, 01:50 PM
      • Leo
        Model A's In Commercial's and The Movies?
        by Leo
        I was in the car wash yesterday and noticed a guy with a nice mid 80's Mercedes coupe. We struck up a conversation about the car and he said that he was on his way to a commercial shoot in NYC. He went on to say that he has this car registered with an agency that supplies vehicles to photographers who want them for commercials. He also told me that the typical fee for using his car was $1000 for a...
        12-04-2018, 07:47 AM
      • tbirdtbird
        Phosphoric acid treatment
        by tbirdtbird
        Please do not ask me any more questions about treating iron with phosphoric acid.
        Seems I am being challenged by people who have painted few if any cars, and I will refrain from any more dialogue on this topic. Furthermore, I am being told that my successful 40 yr painting methods are all wrong.
        Before one more person challenges me on paint or mechanical methods, they need to visit this...
        02-06-2019, 09:49 AM
      Working...
      X