eaton gas cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eaton gas cap

How do you take an original Eaton stainless gas cap apart for restoration. I have the 30/31 style with the stainless cap pressed on the inner cadium part. It seems like I have seen an article somewhere but I can't find it.

Art
    try contacting J.W. Hash i remember reading that he has restored them before
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

John's email is [email protected] in case you need it.

Comment

Thank you both

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• canadian
          gas cap sucks
          by canadian
          1929 gas cap , Vintique 100%. 10 karat crap, can't even reproduce a fu$#ing gas cap. original back on....
          03-27-2018, 03:31 PM
        • Ken Davis
          Original 1930 Stant Radiator cap 1931 Eaton gas cap
          by Ken Davis
          How do you take these caps apart to restore.
          06-08-2019, 08:12 AM
        • fred93
          29 Repro gas cap question
          by fred93
          The original gas cap on the 29 Tudor that I am restoring would not tighten down. The threads looked okay but when I tried to tighten it down it just kept turning. So I bought a repro from Brattons and when I went to put it on the gas tank I seemed to have a tough time of it. Those fine threads are a pain (I guess that is why Ford changed it on to 30-31 cars)

Anyway, I got it to fit (I...
          03-20-2018, 12:10 PM
        • Loubob
          Radiator cap rebuild
          by Loubob
          I want to install a motormeter in a repro 1930/31 cap. Does anyone sell the inner cap parts necessary to do the rebuild? Anyone offer this service? Suggestions?
          I don't want the locking cap. Thanks! Loubob...
          10-20-2017, 08:01 PM
        • Chuck Sea/Tac
          U joint inner cap
          by Chuck Sea/Tac
          I’m guessing the vent holes go at 3 & 9 o’clock? Correct?
          01-31-2020, 08:00 PM
        • gpowers
          Radiator cap won't fit
          by gpowers
          Recently just bought my first Model A. I have searched the forum and didn't find any posts on this topic so forgive me if this has already been answered a thousand times. The radiator cap that was on the car when I bought it was just sitting on the neck and the tabs on the cap were completely rusted off. I figured it would be no big deal so I ordered a cap from Macs and when it came in, it wouldn't...
          02-11-2019, 09:27 PM
        • bosticjb
          BRAKE WEDGE DUST CAP
          by bosticjb
          REPLACED FRONT BRAKE ADJUSTING WEDGES AND HAVING TROUBLE GETTING THE DUST CAP BACK IN PLACE , ANY SUGGESTIONS ?
          10-22-2018, 06:04 PM
        • WayneT
          Center Main Bearing Cap
          by WayneT
          (FYI, I am working under the car.) I removed the center main bearing cap due to fact it has bad Babbitt. I am going to replace the bad cap with a good cap with good Babbitt. The old cap had 4 shims on each side totaling .014 shim thickness on each side. I am seeking an answer from someone that is knowledgeable on A main bearing cap replacement. (from under the car). My question is, how much total...
          01-28-2018, 11:54 AM
        • Dennis
          Radiator and gas cap gaskets
          by Dennis
          What did Ford use originally for the radiator and gas caps on a 1928 and 1929 Model A?
          07-01-2019, 07:26 PM
        Working...
        X