Anyone near Marietta, OH?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone near Marietta, OH?

If you are - ever heard of a place called Marietta Ignition? I've heard they do engine work, including pouring babbitt, etc., for the Model T and A cars. Any info is appreciated.

Brian W.

I am in southwest OH and we have Ron's Machine Shop down the street. Shandon, OH. Google them, most of what they do is antique engine related. I haven't heard of Marietta Ignition.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Curly
      Gerard and Sons Restoration, Indiana
      by Curly
      Does anyone happen to know the quality of work this shop does? Im considering a car that they recently restored but I have not heard of this shop.
      Thank you
      09-16-2017, 11:34 AM
    • carolinamudwalker
      Engine rebuild
      by carolinamudwalker
      When I first got my car I took it to a local rebuilder to have the engine looked over. He took out some shims and buttoned things up. Several tours later I started to hear some engine noise and noticed about 3/16 of shiny crank shaft at the front of the engine. I dropped the pan and found all the connecting rod caps had tiny loose cotter pins. some were broken and in the oil pan.They served no...
      11-09-2017, 02:16 PM
    • Curly
      Engine pans, yes or no?
      by Curly
      I haven’t been running engine pans. I got a set recently thinking I wanted to add them. After dry fitting them I’m wondering if I even want them on.
      Advantages—
      1. Keep engine cleaner.
      2. Engine cooling, although I haven’t heard any conclusive evidence this is factual.
      3. Electrical ground, but this is not an issue for me.

Do you run them? Why?
      12-11-2017, 11:11 PM
    • George Miller
      Rebuilding a model A engine
      by George Miller
      I do not want to get into bashing people. So I,m going to say the model A engine is one of the hardiest to get right when rebuilding them. You could do 2 chev small blocks or Ford small block to 1 model A engine, that is if you do it right. Every one always says how simple they are. But they are not simple to get right....
      01-22-2018, 02:25 PM
    • Curly
      Ever heard of a Bombay Bell?
      by Curly
      I was doing some casual reading on various late Model A’s and I came across the Bombay Bell. I’m interested in learning more about this. Does anyone have knowledge of this?...
      09-26-2017, 12:38 AM
    • Chevmn56
      Model A Busines
      by Chevmn56
      Well just placed another order for Model A Parts with Berts....in talking to the owner about getting some stuff done by him he stated that his shop is booked clear till October and he also had a 1/4 million in engine rebuilds to do.... my order was behind the other 130 orders place Sunday and Monday WOW The A's are popular!!!!!
      05-01-2018, 12:27 PM
    • Beauford
      Anyone running the 6.1 head?
      by Beauford
      Turning 50 next month and having a mid life crisis. I think I want one!! Do they need a trip to machine shop for a trim?
      09-11-2018, 07:46 PM
    Working...
    X