Anyone near Marietta, OH?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone near Marietta, OH?

If you are - ever heard of a place called Marietta Ignition? I've heard they do engine work, including pouring babbitt, etc., for the Model T and A cars. Any info is appreciated.

Brian W.

I am in southwest OH and we have Ron's Machine Shop down the street. Shandon, OH. Google them, most of what they do is antique engine related. I haven't heard of Marietta Ignition.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Curly
      Gerard and Sons Restoration, Indiana
      by Curly
      Does anyone happen to know the quality of work this shop does? Im considering a car that they recently restored but I have not heard of this shop.
      Thank you
      09-16-2017, 12:34 PM
    • wayne1230cars
      Bang! Oh oh.
      by wayne1230cars
      Heard a bang from underneath the car. I had just driven it 5 miles and had pulled into a parking lot when this happened. Motor was running fine and sounded fine. Found the forensic evidence on the ground later. When I got the car home this is what I found. Not happy! What do you think has happened?...
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 3 photos.
      06-01-2021, 09:01 PM
    • Jordan
      Model A restoration shop review
      by Jordan
      https://www.hemmings.com/users/216371/story/795.html

Interesting article reviewing a particular Model A Shop. Thought it was worth a read. Just spreading for general knowledge in the hobby.
      12-11-2019, 12:29 PM
    • carolinamudwalker
      Engine rebuild
      by carolinamudwalker
      When I first got my car I took it to a local rebuilder to have the engine looked over. He took out some shims and buttoned things up. Several tours later I started to hear some engine noise and noticed about 3/16 of shiny crank shaft at the front of the engine. I dropped the pan and found all the connecting rod caps had tiny loose cotter pins. some were broken and in the oil pan.They served no...
      11-09-2017, 03:16 PM
    • Ray in La Mesa
      Tod's engine block
      by Ray in La Mesa
      Haven't seen any info on Tod's A block casting project lately, anyone know what the story is?
      03-19-2019, 10:01 AM
    • Curly
      Engine pans, yes or no?
      by Curly
      I haven’t been running engine pans. I got a set recently thinking I wanted to add them. After dry fitting them I’m wondering if I even want them on.
      Advantages—
      1. Keep engine cleaner.
      2. Engine cooling, although I haven’t heard any conclusive evidence this is factual.
      3. Electrical ground, but this is not an issue for me.

Do you run them? Why?
      12-12-2017, 12:11 AM
    • copgib
      Looking for information
      by copgib
      Does anyone know where I could get a Model A engine rebuilt in in Florida? Prefer areas north of Orlando? Just considering it for my spare engine I have.
      07-25-2020, 06:37 PM
    • conaway2
      Engine Splash Pans
      by conaway2
      I’ve heard a number of Model A owners say these help keep the engine cooler - has anyone actually measured this ?

thanks - Jim
      09-04-2020, 03:11 PM
    • George Miller
      Rebuilding a model A engine
      by George Miller
      I do not want to get into bashing people. So I,m going to say the model A engine is one of the hardiest to get right when rebuilding them. You could do 2 chev small blocks or Ford small block to 1 model A engine, that is if you do it right. Every one always says how simple they are. But they are not simple to get right....
      01-22-2018, 03:25 PM
    • plyfor
      Alum. Engine Block
      by plyfor
      Just came across Donovan Model D engines and related parts on their website. Located in S. Cal. It sure looks like Model A. Anyone familiar with this co.? Donovan.pdf...
      01-07-2021, 03:31 PM
    Working...
    X