Model "A" mechanic in central NJ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model "A" mechanic in central NJ?

I recently purchased a 1931 Ford Model "A"….I just love the car. But, I need a local mechanic….does anyone know a Model "A" mechanic in central NJ?

Welcome to the VFF!!

My shop is in Northeast philly @ I-95 academy ave exit... I don't know of anyone in central NJ

What seems to be your problem???
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Mitch would be at the top of anyone's list.

but did you get the PM I sent you about this?

Comment

WELCOME to the VFF Calistri !!
        You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

Calistri, welcome to the party!! My vote is for Mitch, if you can do a round trip in a day (or even 10-12 hours). Enjoy your A everyday ! Pat hard at it :rolling
          Model A's and of course the famous AA's

Comment

New ‘30 model a coupe owner.
            Does anyone know a good mechanic for greasing and general upkeep in New Jersey or Philly area ? Thanks

Comment

[email protected]
              Welcome to the VFF. Congrats on your new 30 Coupe.
              You should be able find someone near you. Good Luck. Jeff

Also, join your local club, they will be more than willing to help a new member out.
              Last edited by JDupuis; 04-28-2019, 02:57 PM.
              Twiss Collector Car Parts

Comment

Hey Edregan, WELCOME to the VFF!!

If you are looking in the Plilly area, Mitch has a shop that can do lube jobs.
                You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

Welcome and congrats on acquiring the Model A. What’s body style is it? Any pics? There is a very good central NJ Model A club that can help you along with your car. I’m in NE philly right off I-95, if you need a backup plan. What kind of things do you need done? The board members here can walk you through most of the stuff pretty easily.
                  3 ~ Tudor's
                  Henry Ford said
                  "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Your best bet to get it done right is go with Mitch.

Comment

From northern Delaware I took my first A up to Mitch and very happy with the work. About an hour up so I took it up in a trailer. Where are you in central NJ?
                      http://www.turnbophotography.com

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• jordanka16
                        by jordanka16
                        I joined up over on the **** **** and figured I'd join in here too. I inherited my grandfathers Model A, it was his first car, he bought it in 1957 and restored it about 16 years ago. He taught me a lot about it but it seems there is always more to learn about these awesome cars, look forward to learning!
                        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                        This gallery has 1 photos.
                        07-28-2018, 09:40 PM
                      • Zimmlitt
                        Babbit recommendations
                        by Zimmlitt
                        Can anyone recommend a shop to re-pour and line bore model A main bearings in the North East? I have been using the Babbit Pot for a number of years but they are on vacation until the end of March and I would like to get this job started before then. Any recommendations in NH, ME, VT, NY, MA or CT would be appreciated.

Thanks
                        Greg
                        02-13-2018, 09:15 AM
                      • Mitch
                        Welcome ~ Introductions
                        by Mitch
                        06-04-2017, 08:34 PM
                      • thom
                        Anybody here?
                        by thom
                        If anybody is here, Merry Christmas. I'm in western NC with a 1921 Touring. Nice to find another model T forum. I'll check back to see if anyone else shows up.
                        12-24-2017, 11:24 PM
                      • Shane Darden
                        I want to buy parts 50 ford
                        by Shane Darden
                        I have a 1950 ford custom I am putting on the street with my father. it is super clean. All original, But needs pait and TLC.
                        . Anyone selling dress up part. Or who would like to pait it for us... $$$$
                        Any help would be greatly appreciated. My father is 74yr and I want to clean this up for him asap!!
                        07-23-2018, 05:49 PM
                      • That80sGuy
                        New Guy... in Georgia
                        by That80sGuy
                        Greetings!! I am new here...in the process of finalizing the purchase of a 1926 Model T Touring. I have loved these cars all my life and now I am in a position to own one and am pretty excited! Currently I'm reading all the info I can get on care and maintenance as well as places to get parts and repair advice. The car I'm looking at is 100% complete but has not been cranked or driven in about 5yrs....
                        10-12-2017, 11:22 AM
                      • Alfred
                        Parts identification
                        by Alfred
                        I recently acquired a bunch of old Ford parts. I can't find these in my catalogues. Can anyone help me identify?
                        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                        This gallery has 4 photos.
                        04-11-2018, 03:09 PM
                      • reggie
                        New to the forum
                        by reggie
                        HI: I'm from Northern Wisconsin and I have a Late 31 Deluxe Tudor that I have been working on for years now, when I can afford to work on it as I'm disabled now have been for about twenty years now and I can't afford to hire anyone to help me with the car but I keep doing what I can do on it. As I won't sell the car as it's staying in the family has been in the family since about 1940 or 1945 or...
                        06-13-2018, 01:46 PM
                      • James77
                        New Guy from Ky!
                        by James77
                        Hey all, just joined. New to Model A's. Don't currently have one. Trying to get ahead, be able to have one. Hard to do. Life! The wife and I are currently taking care of my mother. She was diagnosed with Alzheimers. What's the values of Model A's? Nothing rare, something like a tudor sedan. Like muscle cars too, but those are crazy high!!!!
                        04-27-2018, 01:45 PM
                      • 28PhaetonRoy
                        Need Help -Looking for '28 Phaeton Front Bow
                        by 28PhaetonRoy
                        Hello all:
                        My first post to the forum.

I ordered a long-overdue top from LeBarron Bonney at Hershey this year, and in getting ready for having the install done, I found about 4" of the driver-side bow all but broken off near the bolt joint of my 28 Phaeton.To compound this, the bow is filled with something like chalk instead of wood. So when I pulled the staples out of the...
                        10-26-2018, 05:03 PM
                      Working...
                      X