Ford tractor 8N

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford tractor 8N

I found a '52 8N for sale. It looks pretty good but the owner says there's water in the oil. My question is I have a spare engine for my Tudor that's running pretty good, so could I swap my model A engine for the tractor engine? I read they are the same but will mine have all the same mounting hole locations? Thanks.

The 8N engine is basically half of a V8.

Here's a picture of a Model A tractor:
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.
    Alaskan A's
    Antique Auto Mushers of Alaska
    Model A Ford Club of America
    Model A Restorers Club
    Antique Automobile Club of America
    Mullins Owners Club

Comment

Originally posted by Barber31 View Post
      I found a '52 8N for sale. It looks pretty good but the owner says there's water in the oil. My question is I have a spare engine for my Tudor that's running pretty good, so could I swap my model A engine for the tractor engine? I read they are the same but will mine have all the same mounting hole locations? Thanks.
      Not with out a lot of work. They are not even close. How are you going to mount the front end. What are you going to use for a governor.

I think you should check out the tractor engine might just be a bad head gasket. I rebuilt a few back in my Dads repair garage. If not it might be a crack in the exhaust seat, easy fix. They also have replaceable sleeves.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• copgib
        Engine Stand
        by copgib
        Ok I am here to ask all the experts what would be the best engine stand to buy that I could work on a Model A engine with? I am hoping to get one that will hold a Model A engine with the transmission attached. looking forward to your advise. Hugh
        12-13-2019, 08:55 PM
      • old31
        New engine break in procedure recommendations
        by old31
        What do you recommend for a break in procedure on a newly built babbited engine with a 6.0 head, larger intakes and B grind cam.

Keep it under 40 for the first 500 miles, or just go out and do highway driving?

How many miles to do the first and second oil changes.
        04-05-2018, 06:14 PM
      • canadian
        Engine Mounts
        by canadian
        29 ,original style front mount. I am trying to find answer or solution to why this truck seems to be vibrating and engine not isolated from frame. my question is , does engine actually move on those 2 small springs enough to notice while reving engine while stopped or only under load? mine appears to be just dead . castle nut just on enough for cotter. any suggestions greatly appreciated.
        05-10-2019, 05:09 AM
      • Curly
        Engine pans, yes or no?
        by Curly
        I haven’t been running engine pans. I got a set recently thinking I wanted to add them. After dry fitting them I’m wondering if I even want them on.
        Advantages—
        1. Keep engine cleaner.
        2. Engine cooling, although I haven’t heard any conclusive evidence this is factual.
        3. Electrical ground, but this is not an issue for me.

Do you run them? Why?
        12-11-2017, 11:11 PM
      • Mickey
        Would like a little guidance on engine overhaul
        by Mickey
        I'm looking to take my coupe's engine up to Schwalm's for an overhaul. They have two base prices for a short block and long block overhaul. After that there are a number of extra add-on items that can more than double the price of the base overhaul. I looking to get a good solid engine that's going to last and can do a little local cruising. No high performance or long distance touring. I'm posting...
        02-08-2019, 10:47 AM
      • Ed Saniewski
        a B engine, or a C engine, that is the question
        by Ed Saniewski
        A friend of a friend is looking to buy a model A roadster , and it comes with a spare motor. The seller states that it is a C motor and worth a few thousand dollars. I have heard of a B motor, but have never heard of a C motor. How do you tell the difference? Thanks
        05-30-2020, 06:19 PM
      • Dennis
        Dry engine a bad thing?
        by Dennis
        Recently I noticed a squeaking sound when my car was idling. I took the belt off and started it up, no difference. It would go away when I revved it up a little bit. Got to be embarrassing at a stop light and the squeak was louder than the engine idling. I've done a ton of work on the engine recently also and the first thought was I hope the damn thing isn't getting ready to seize up. Everything...
        03-08-2018, 02:42 AM
      • ClaudeC
        Reply to increase HP
        by ClaudeC
        Is it dangerous to over stress an engine by using a high compression head? Especially on an original factory engine? How much extra horsepower could be obtained if any on an original engine?
        02-08-2020, 03:28 PM
      • KansasRick
        The Distinctive Model A Engine Sound
        by KansasRick
        When I got my 28 Roadster, the engine was locked up and required a rebuild. I was unprepared to intelligently answer many of the questions my rebuilder asked me about what I wanted him to do. He started asking about shaving the fly wheel explaining the benefits, then on to a different, newer clutch that would be easier to push....I opted for most all of the changes he recommended. He was a well established...
        07-10-2020, 11:57 PM
      • 2manycars
        Engine refresh
        by 2manycars
        I have been working on my engine in the 29 tudor. It is back in now, and almost done. After fixing the radiator, It should run.
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 7 photos.
        04-23-2018, 03:02 PM
      Working...
      X