Glass fuel bowl with fuel pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glass fuel bowl with fuel pump

can you use the glass fuel bowl if you are using a fuel pump installed BEFORE the fuel bowl. Or do you install the pump after?

I have no experience with this on a model A but I would be concerned with pressure and leaking from the glass bowl. If the pump is before maybe a regulator placed before the bowl also could help. If the pump is after maybe it's not a issue. I had a '57 Olds with the pump before the glass bowl and it never leaked but the bowl was designed different.

Comment

Originally posted by Barber31 View Post
      I have no experience with this on a model A but I would be concerned with pressure and leaking from the glass bowl. If the pump is before maybe a regulator placed before the bowl also could help. If the pump is after maybe it's not a issue. I had a '57 Olds with the pump before the glass bowl and it never leaked but the bowl was designed different.
      Thanks Barber. That's what I was thinking too. I'm running a stromberg and want to install a low psi pump. Maybe 2lbs at carb . I'll try to regulate it before the fuel bowl and see what happens.

Comment

Most I have see are mounted between the fuel bowl and the Carb That seems to work OK

Comment

Originally posted by Barber31 View Post
          I prefer the CAST IRON sediment bowl, as the chances for leakages are "NIL". They do a REALLY good filtering job! Kits are CHEEP & water drain cock is a PLUS!
          Bill W.

Comment

Installing the pump AFTER the filter will ensure that the filter catches the crud before it gets to the pump.
            Alaskan A's
            Antique Auto Mushers of Alaska
            Model A Ford Club of America
            Model A Restorers Club
            Antique Automobile Club of America
            Mullins Owners Club

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Beauford
              Wiring inline fuel pump and electronic fuel valve.
              by Beauford
              So until I can buy another tank I have a T'ish cylinder tank in the bed of truck. I have mounted the tank and have secured the fuel pump on pass frame channel close to tank as possible underneath. I have a 30amp inline fuse off the "-" side of battery to the fuel pump and grounded fuel pump. I will later tonight mount cutoff fuel valve near carb inside frame and I have a toggle switch to...
              08-04-2018, 05:19 PM
            • carolinamudwalker
              Rubber fuel line
              by carolinamudwalker
              Really good discussion on fuel filters & did not want to hijack it. Question, I have a rubber fuel line from the carb to the sediment bowl but with an inline fuel shut off wired to my ignition switch. On my 8 mile climb uphill my car acted like it was starving for fuel and would not run. I found bubbles in the top of the glass fuel bowl. Would the rubber fuel line absorb so much heat that the...
              05-02-2018, 08:48 AM
            • carolinamudwalker
              Vapor lock
              by carolinamudwalker
              OK, I know it is the wrong time of the year for this but I found a few bucks and they are burning a hole in my pocket so here goes. Those of you that have experience with the Webber carb with regulated fuel pump, has this setup stopped vapor lock while climbing long hills on a 90 deg day ? On long tours you have to use whatever fuel is available and I have actually seen bubbles in the top of my...
              01-20-2020, 03:46 PM
            • bgzlbhd
              New sediment bowl
              by bgzlbhd
              When installing new fuel lines and a new sediment bowl, should you use a sealer on the fittings?
              07-26-2020, 01:09 AM
            • sinbad339
              Sediment Bowl Fuel Filter
              by sinbad339
              Last fall, I noticed some sediment in my glass sediment bowl; very fine black residue. So, I found and ordered some WIX 33039 filters per some suggestions on the forums.

Last Sunday was fairly warm here in Ohio, so I took my sport coupe out for its first drive of the season. Then, I installed one of the filters. But I'm not convinced that the setup is going to do anything. It seems...
              03-12-2020, 03:37 PM
            • Chap52
              Thanks for the "Heads Up"
              by Chap52
              Many times I will read posts that I may not be very interested in, but read them just because... I am sure that many of my posts are treated the same way. BUT, as I was on a little outing last Saturday on a lonely desert road (was paved) my car began to backfire, sputter and loose power. I pulled over and checked the glass fuel bowl, it was full, fuel lines were cool to the touch, scratched my head,...
              04-02-2019, 08:42 AM
            • ClaudeC
              identifying true 1934 v8 fuel pump
              by ClaudeC
              My fuel pump has the number 523307 stamped on it and the sediment drain is only a screw and not a wing nut type? Any ideas?
              03-26-2018, 12:01 PM
            • ClaudeC
              rebuilding 1933/34 fuel pump
              by ClaudeC
              I want to install a new diaphragm in my 1934 fuel pump. I have the pump in two sections but need help in getting the old diaphragm out. Any suggestions?
              03-24-2018, 11:50 AM
            • Tom Rode
              Why no fuel filter?
              by Tom Rode
              My recently acquired model A does not have an inline fuel filter. The gas line comes through the fire wall for about 10 inches then a section of rubber fuel line hose, clamped both ends, to another section of copper line to carb. No Fuel filter. The good news here, visual inspection of the fuel tank reveals Spotlessly Clean tank, no rust, sediment, nothing. Ran out of fuel recently (just got the rebuild...
              11-26-2019, 10:08 AM
            • carolinamudwalker
              Virus be damned
              by carolinamudwalker
              OK, we are tired of sitting at home so off to our beloved mountains. (6 cars) To get to Grandfather mountain there is an 8 mile steady climb to Boon NC that I have never been able to manage without having to pull over because of vapor lock. The fuel is actually boiling in the glass bole. Would insulating the bole and fuel lines help or make it worse? I have seen adds for insulation for the fuel...
              07-08-2020, 10:09 AM
            Working...
            X