Glass fuel bowl with fuel pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glass fuel bowl with fuel pump

can you use the glass fuel bowl if you are using a fuel pump installed BEFORE the fuel bowl. Or do you install the pump after?

I have no experience with this on a model A but I would be concerned with pressure and leaking from the glass bowl. If the pump is before maybe a regulator placed before the bowl also could help. If the pump is after maybe it's not a issue. I had a '57 Olds with the pump before the glass bowl and it never leaked but the bowl was designed different.

Comment

Originally posted by Barber31 View Post
      I have no experience with this on a model A but I would be concerned with pressure and leaking from the glass bowl. If the pump is before maybe a regulator placed before the bowl also could help. If the pump is after maybe it's not a issue. I had a '57 Olds with the pump before the glass bowl and it never leaked but the bowl was designed different.
      Thanks Barber. That's what I was thinking too. I'm running a stromberg and want to install a low psi pump. Maybe 2lbs at carb . I'll try to regulate it before the fuel bowl and see what happens.

Comment

Most I have see are mounted between the fuel bowl and the Carb That seems to work OK

Comment

Originally posted by Barber31 View Post
          I prefer the CAST IRON sediment bowl, as the chances for leakages are "NIL". They do a REALLY good filtering job! Kits are CHEEP & water drain cock is a PLUS!
          Bill W.

Comment

Installing the pump AFTER the filter will ensure that the filter catches the crud before it gets to the pump.
            Alaskan A's
            Antique Auto Mushers of Alaska
            Model A Ford Club of America
            Model A Restorers Club
            Antique Automobile Club of America
            Mullins Owners Club

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Brownie12
              AC fuel pump
              by Brownie12
              Hi there
              1950 Pilot , 21 stud, AC fuel pump , fuel is draining back to tank over night ... if I use the hand pump until I hear fuel filling bowl she fires right up šŸ‘šŸ˜Š
              Is there an easy fix or do I need a kit šŸ¤”šŸ¤” if a kit who has them please ...Merry ChristmCs šŸŽ…šŸŽ…šŸŽ…
              12-23-2021, 09:03 PM
            • AzBob
              Model B fuel pump fittings ?
              by AzBob
              I am installing a Model B AC mechanical fuel pump on my B engined Model A. (Have a Weber downdraft carb.) Does anyone know what type of fuel line fittings screw into the fuel pump?
              02-27-2022, 02:31 PM
            • Ohmygosh
              6v fuel pump installation
              by Ohmygosh
              Iā€™m not a complete idiot but just need to know how to install a 6v external fuel pump on my 51 ford truck with flathead. Where is best place to connect the black and white wires coming out of the pump and best place to mount pump. Do I just disable the mechanical pump. And I assume connect the gas line from pump to the existing line going from the mechanical pump to the carb. And should I use a...
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 1 photos.
              01-27-2022, 08:57 PM
            • Beauford
              Wiring inline fuel pump and electronic fuel valve.
              by Beauford
              So until I can buy another tank I have a T'ish cylinder tank in the bed of truck. I have mounted the tank and have secured the fuel pump on pass frame channel close to tank as possible underneath. I have a 30amp inline fuse off the "-" side of battery to the fuel pump and grounded fuel pump. I will later tonight mount cutoff fuel valve near carb inside frame and I have a toggle switch to...
              08-04-2018, 04:19 PM
            • ClaudeC
              Priming a fuel pump on a 1933 ford model B 4cyl
              by ClaudeC
              HaVING TROUBLE getting my new fuel pump installation primed
              02-08-2022, 05:55 AM
            • carolinamudwalker
              Rubber fuel line
              by carolinamudwalker
              Really good discussion on fuel filters & did not want to hijack it. Question, I have a rubber fuel line from the carb to the sediment bowl but with an inline fuel shut off wired to my ignition switch. On my 8 mile climb uphill my car acted like it was starving for fuel and would not run. I found bubbles in the top of the glass fuel bowl. Would the rubber fuel line absorb so much heat that the...
              05-02-2018, 07:48 AM
            • Old geezer
              Fuel pump removal?
              by Old geezer
              If I were install an electric fuel pump on my 1950 Ford V8 8 BA, can I just abandon the original fuel pump?
              IF I do that, should I remove the pushrod?
              Or, if I remove the original fuel pump, would I just remove the rod and cover the hole in the intake manifold?
              I'm converting to dual carbs .
              01-02-2022, 03:46 PM
            • carolinamudwalker
              Vapor lock
              by carolinamudwalker
              OK, I know it is the wrong time of the year for this but I found a few bucks and they are burning a hole in my pocket so here goes. Those of you that have experience with the Webber carb with regulated fuel pump, has this setup stopped vapor lock while climbing long hills on a 90 deg day ? On long tours you have to use whatever fuel is available and I have actually seen bubbles in the top of my...
              01-20-2020, 02:46 PM
            • bgzlbhd
              New sediment bowl
              by bgzlbhd
              When installing new fuel lines and a new sediment bowl, should you use a sealer on the fittings?
              07-26-2020, 12:09 AM
            • sinbad339
              Sediment Bowl Fuel Filter
              by sinbad339
              Last fall, I noticed some sediment in my glass sediment bowl; very fine black residue. So, I found and ordered some WIX 33039 filters per some suggestions on the forums.

Last Sunday was fairly warm here in Ohio, so I took my sport coupe out for its first drive of the season. Then, I installed one of the filters. But I'm not convinced that the setup is going to do anything. It seems...
              03-12-2020, 02:37 PM
            Working...
            X