Tom W engine flushing method.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom W engine flushing method.

I cleaned my block and radiator with evaporust for 9 days i let it soak did not get a lot out of it but now i know the block is good and clean as well as the new brassworks radiator. I used a sump pump and bought a sump pump hose 15.00 from the hardware store hose was 16' long and made to be cut in 4 sections i cut it in half and made up fitting for the engine and radiator. Just used a hose to fill radiator but it clean right up. I will fill the system with distilled water for a good flush before adding good clean anti-freeze mix. I did flush this block in both directions to try and make sure i got everything.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

I photo shopped it a little for you
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

• BNCHIEF
      BNCHIEF commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks did not get the whole thing but it sure worked good.

Related Topics

Collapse

• saxman657
    Radiator Cleaning and Back Flush
    by saxman657
    I recently did a chemical flush (Blue Devil chemical) of my radiator - drained and flushed, then added 50/50 Sierra antifreeze. This past year I used distilled water with water wetter. When I did the chem flush a lot of rusty water came out but no rust chunks. Continued flushing with water until it came out clean, then added the 50/50 antifreeze. Yesterday, not an overly warm day for SoCal, the...
    02-28-2020, 02:01 PM
  • Fixitphil
    Evaporust
    by Fixitphil
    How much Evaporust do you put in a Model A radiator?
    03-23-2018, 09:43 AM
  • saxman657
    Radiator Flush w/ Vinegar
    by saxman657
    I've posted about this before, but am at a new stage before pulling the radiator so wanted to start with a fresh new post.

First background: I started the TLC of my father-in-law's Model A last year. First time out after changing out filters in bowl and filling up a dry gas tank I spewed a huge amount of rusty water. Got her home and shoved a hose down the radiator and flushed a lot of...
    07-04-2020, 02:21 PM
  • Tom Wesenberg
    Back Flushing the Cooling System
    by Tom Wesenberg
    To do a good cleaning of the Model A cooling system, you need a good strong flow of water to dislodge the junk in the rear of the block, and to remove the junk laying on top of the radiator tubes. Even after running vinegar for 30 days in my Model A, I wanted to give it a good back flush, so I removed the radiator and turned it upside down then back flushed it with a sump pump. I used a large radius...
    This gallery has 3 photos.
    05-24-2017, 03:10 PM
  • rrich1
    Radiator removal and engine cleaning
    by rrich1
    This morning my father came over and we were able to get the radiator off to have taken in to be repaired. There was a minimum of 3 leaks coming from the radiator. There is also a crack in the block that I need to clean and assess to see if I can jb weld it.

The radiator removal was pretty straight forward. Never taken it off before and it ended up being around an hour and a half total....
    This gallery has 8 photos.
    02-25-2020, 02:28 AM
  • BNCHIEF
    Cooling and block treatment Question
    by BNCHIEF
    Mitch I looked at your link for thermocare my engine had been rebuilt and tanked but i am sue it is not like new if one uses the thermocare i assume you drain the anti-freeze add this product and distilled water and drive the car .
    How long and then you drain and flush it out and put back in the 50/50 antifreeze mix.
    What about water wetter
    What can you add that will keep rust ...
    08-21-2017, 06:25 AM
  • copgib
    Question on Evaporust Soaking
    by copgib
    For anyone who has used either 911 or Evaporust, how long do you leave it in your engine to soak before flushing it out?
    07-09-2018, 07:47 PM
  • tbirdtbird
    Cooling System Information
    by tbirdtbird
    One method to clean a water jacket

The pix are self explanatory. Be very careful working with lye, keep it off your skin and eyes. I bolt the adapter I made to the inlet with a copper gasket. I carefully fill the water jacket to about an inch from the top with a strong lye solution. The lye gives off lots of heat when mixed, use cold water and mix it up little by little. Let it...
    07-11-2017, 10:33 AM
  • Roadster Rich
    Check for Purchase
    by Roadster Rich
    Along the lines of Mitch's post, I don't know the answer to this, but so many of us have had problems with cooling and the blocked radiators, I wonder if there could be some good calibrated check of the rate of flow through a radiator. For instance, keep pouring water into the radiator so that it is full (flowing out the overflow tube and top of the radiator won't matter) and then disconnect the...
    08-13-2017, 08:03 AM
  • Jeff/Illinois
    Radiator Coolant Filter
    by Jeff/Illinois
    Any of you guys ever tried something like this? Looks like a good idea at least until you are running clean..............

04-21-2018, 07:47 PM
Working...
X