Model A assembly plant in Parkersburg WV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model A assembly plant in Parkersburg WV

Has anybody ever heard that there was a assembly plant in WV? My dad told me that the now, Warner Kia, is where they used to mate the bodies with the chassis. The rolling chassis would come in on railcar & they would finish assembly at the Warner building. He also said he actually found a leftover stash of parts many many years ago there when he helped with some remodeling when it was a Pontiac dealership

According to
    Steve Plucker

Banished  Badge Holder

Steve Pluckers book there was never an assembly plant in WV
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Somewhere there is supposed to be some photos of the building back when it was used & a lineup of finished cars outside. I have put the word out that I’m in need of those photos.

Comment

Ok, Sherman Dils has a dealership in Parkersburg. Cars that we’re ordered arrived incomplete by railcar. The rolling chassis was transported a short distance & they completed the assembly process at the former Warner Pontiac location. That’s still pretty cool

Comment

Yes that is interesting
          3 ~ Tudor's
          Henry Ford said
          "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Steve Plucker
            Model T assembly plant codes on body...
            Steve Plucker

Banished  Badge Holder

by Steve Plucker
            Has anyone ever noticed on the Model T BODY floor cross sill (front) any type of letter and numbers representing assembly plant codes?

For instance SFA 0927 for San Francisco Assembly plant or AS 12345 for Seattle Assembly plant.

These codes are on a majority of Model A's...was wondering about the Model T's.

Thanks. Pluck
            10-08-2017, 09:57 AM
          • Steve Plucker
            Assembly Plant and Dealership Bill of Sales...
            Steve Plucker

Banished  Badge Holder

by Steve Plucker
            It has been awhile since I got some Assembly Plant and/or Dealership Bill of Sale records to incorporate into my data bases.

Does anyone have any to add to the data bases?

The neat thing about these records is that if enough are collected and put into the correct assembly plant data, one can come perty close in finding out just when a particular car came off the assembly...
            04-05-2020, 08:04 PM
          • Steve Plucker
            Four-story assembly plants
            Steve Plucker

Banished  Badge Holder

by Steve Plucker
            Does anyone know of any publication that describes the workings of a four-story Ford Motor Company Assembly Plant?

Thanks.

Pluck...
            12-05-2017, 03:26 AM
          • Steve Plucker
            Mexico City Ford Assembly Plant
            Steve Plucker

Banished  Badge Holder

by Steve Plucker
            Does anyone have a photo of the Mexico City Assembly Plant (Before 1928) that assembled the Model T Ford?

Would any photos of assembly plants be in the Model T era books of Ford Industries?

If so, please email me at [email protected]

Thanks.

Pluck
            11-18-2017, 12:43 AM
          • reggie
            Atlanta Ford Plant
            reggie
            Jr Member
            by reggie
            Does anyone know the Day, Month and Year that the Atlanta Plant Opened and Closed and as to what they all made there other then Cars and Trucks like some Plants Painted small part's and some made Rear Fenders or Both of the Fenders, And some Plants put Motors together and what I want to know is what did the Atlanta plant all make at that Plant and when that was all started and ended and what it was...
            06-17-2018, 08:55 AM
          • Mitch
            Exploded Assembly Views
            Mitch

Administrator

by Mitch

01-24-2020, 07:48 PM
          • Steve Plucker
            Model T assembly plant codes...
            Steve Plucker

Banished  Badge Holder

by Steve Plucker
            Has anyone ever noticed on the Model T BODY floor cross sill (front) any type of letter and numbers representing assembly plant codes?

For instance SFA 0927 for San Francisco Assembly plant or AS 12345 for Seattle Assembly plant.

These codes are on a majority of Model A's...was wondering about the Model T's.

Thanks. Pluck
            10-08-2017, 09:58 AM
          • Steve Plucker
            Assembly plant codes on Model T's...
            Steve Plucker

Banished  Badge Holder

by Steve Plucker
            Have you folks with Model T's ever seen on the body's sub cross frame, letters and numbers representing the assembly plant for which the Model T was assembled and the number of that body style?

This is common in a lot of Model A's...Just wondering about the Model T's.

For instance in the Model A: "SFA 3349"...San Francisco (SFA) 3349 (number of specific body style...
            02-11-2020, 11:34 AM
          • hudson32700
            Assembly plant number
            hudson32700
            by hudson32700
            I located a stamping at the cross member where the drivers left heel would be on my 1931 Tudor standard, (it has an indented firewall). There are no letters, just a number 11336. What would that represent?
            03-25-2020, 01:18 PM
          • Soapy
            Assembly Plant Number
            Soapy
            by Soapy
            I just found the assembly plant code for my early 1931 Tudor. It was under a thick coat of paint and the letters and numbers were larger than I had expected. There is also another X which I wasn't expecting. I wonder if it is related to the x on the frame number. The code is: AX STL 14511

Was the St. Louis assembly plant that assembled Model A cars, the same one that originally built...
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.
            10-23-2019, 01:22 PM
          Working...
          X