Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Wastler Estate Sale

Dear VFF Community –

After careful consideration I feel it is now time to begin selling the 40 year collection of my late husband, Steve Wastler. Steve lived and breathed Model A, it truly was a passion that began when he purchased his first A, the 29 Roadster, at age 13. He had a lot of other interests, but the A was his true love and all other collections became secondary. He had such a technical mind and an ability to troubleshoot an issue and he loved to share his knowledge with other Aers. I know he found a lot of comfort when he had the energy to work on his A’s during his treatments.

I want to thank everyone on the forum for their kind words, Mitch forwarded the posts regarding donations in Steve’s name. Reading the posts were bittersweet as it brought both tears and smiles.

I want to thank Mitch for all the assistance with the site and setting up the sale items and to Dave Sturges and Richard Alexander for their time and expertise in sorting through the collection. This will take a while so I ask for patience as I sort and ready items for sale.

ModelAMary
    Mary Wastler

I am sorry for your loss.

I bit of advice..dont allow cherry picking. sell in as large of lots as possible. dont get stuck with un saleable items.
    http://jmodela.coffeecup.com

Comment

Fellow VFF'ers,
      We all know how important Steve was to our little community and to the hobby as a whole. The VFF is going to help Mary move some of these parts. As you can imagine it's been a very stressful time for her on all fronts, since Steve's passing. I will be posting them up for sale right onto this thread with the descriptions and estimates that Dave Sturges and Richard Alexander provided Mary with. Mary will handle the shipping, and all of the payments will go directly to her. Basically I will be the point person. If you see something that you want to purchase just post it right up here onto this thread or PM me. The VFF members will get first crack at all of these parts, before they get offered to alternate sources. If you have any questions or need more information about any item just ask. Actual shipping charges will apply to all of the parts sold.

Addendum to the above 11/1/2019

I do ask that we respect Mary's privacy, so please do not attempt to contact her. Mary's wishes are for me to be the only direct line of communication. After Steve's passing she was bombarded with calls, emails etc from individuals that knew what the collection consisted of. These folks were only out for their own self interest, and to prey on someone that they knew had very little knowledge of what things were, or the worth of those items. These people were relentless in their quest I might say. She stressed to me that she wants nothing to do with any of that. Dealing with these parts and so forth can be overwhelming, so as you read in her opening statement she is doing the best that she can.
      It's comforting for Mary to know that a large amount of Steve's items will be going to all good homes of VFF members. She told me how much Steve loved this new forum, and how he was looking forward to helping me grow it.
      3 ~ Tudor's
      Henry Ford said
      "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Sorry for your loss

Comment

Yes, very sorry for your loss Mary. Please don't accept any hard luck stories and make sure you get the parts true value.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch View Post
            Fellow VFF'ers,
            We all know how important Steve was to our little community and to the hobby as a whole. The VFF is going to help Mary move some of these parts. As you can imagine it's been a very stressful time for her on all fronts, since Steve's passing. I will be posting them up for sale right onto this thread with the descriptions and estimates that Dave Sturges and Richard Alexander provided Mary with. Mary will handle the shipping, and all of the payments will go directly to her. Basically I will be the point person. If you see something that you want to purchase just post it right up here onto this thread. The VFF members will get first crack at all of these parts, before they get offered to alternate sources. If you have any questions or need more information about any item just ask. Actual shipping charges will apply to all of the parts sold.
            Probably am jumping the gun, but when asking questions, post the question on this thread, or a PM to you, maybe start a separate thread for questions?

If I do not ask know, will forget to later.

Comment

Originally posted by 1930 Closed Cab PU View Post

Probably am jumping the gun, but when asking questions, post the question on this thread, or a PM to you, maybe start a separate thread for questions?

If I do not ask know, will forget to later.
              Good question Wade
              Everything will get posted to this thread until further notice. I'll be putting up some parts right here shortly. If someone wants to PM me or email me a question that is fine as well. As mentioned above were trying to make this as easy as possible for Mary, so I'm the designated point person.
              3 ~ Tudor's
              Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

I know how difficult this undertaking can be. We have been helping Dave Lopes' widow sell Dave's huge collection of Model A parts for a couple of years now and we've still not sold everything.

Comment

Following.

Comment

This post of parts is closed. See the newer postings!!!

NOS rear view mirror for closed car $100.00
                    SOLD to Jim Mason

76A99E8F-164B-4F21-9758-4564D168D5B0.jpegE36F1F15-7E50-4AC5-AD41-8F5D2FBF2299.jpeg

Open car rear view mirror bracket, mostly complete W/ old original glass. $30.00
                    SOLD to Bob C
                    3069CDDD-3FBA-4DF5-8211-A441944833BB.jpeg16CB9CFC-A5E1-4E56-856E-E2F3B0AA3772.jpegCDD70ECE-8311-47E9-8507-34DAE6AC7A57.jpeg

Original vacuum wiper metal tube $20.00
                    AE28B39A-7734-41E9-BEE0-0CE9E301238A.jpeg8C6A334B-FEE4-464F-BF23-468E9B2F4E32.jpeg

Carbon brushes new in boxes, nice display $35.00
                    SOLD to PaaT

D2D89FF7-B8AE-4FF0-AA9E-1C62D281CE0A.jpeg0F269E72-DE43-4899-8308-1DB8CF3456B3.jpeg

Various horns parts,bells, complete horn, includes Spartan 9/13/1928 and EA Lab FM mid 28-12/29 $120.00
                    SOLD to Dennis

B225FE5B-9BDA-4371-8DFA-695DA4297A2C.jpeg258BCA74-6034-4A85-9A8E-14DCE9CAD215.jpegE20171FA-9B18-444F-BFC4-A22AE3BABA20.jpeg496388E5-32BE-428D-A138-293990477C40.jpeg5E651DA6-F112-4101-82ED-1D47726AAEBB.jpeg

Rumble Lid $300.00 The rumble lid we listed as a 1929 only because it has a 1929 handle and an early latch. I think the lid itself is the same size for all four years. It does have the rumble lid hinges and I think one showed up in the picture. There is some very minor pitting at the very bottom of the inner panel, which to me is an easy fix and one of the D nuts that the seat back rest attaches to is also missing.
                    EBBFD130-1972-4950-8543-4C4A237F8F80.jpeg88109C67-1E8E-4211-B6A6-F931D3F87136.jpegFE850362-82C7-4F3B-AD54-9AA4354CCF44.jpeg

Clutch and Brake pedals- 3/28 thru 10/28- Small Shaft. Very nice shape, exc pedal ribs~~ $40.00
                    C10A5FBE-5CFD-4DF1-A9AD-A108CCF2EF49.jpeg9D8F3446-7768-4A86-8908-6CCA85905CF1.jpegE3A2F6D2-DDEE-4735-816B-579047C878EC.jpeg69680ECF-1C3B-4BA2-B0F8-D59A61E29F19.jpeg

28-29 cowl lights, missing one arm $65.00
                    SOLD to PaaT

94992FFE-ADCE-4715-96CC-DA8A39DC44A7.jpegC14F4258-726C-4E5F-91AC-A2A17AC07974.jpeg201AAB6D-1173-48A4-9033-416A0416F2C1.jpeg

Stewart Warner horn $130.00
                    SOLD to Dennis

937B6271-6061-4B4C-AC46-5060AE2FB102.jpeg

Rear Shock arms $20.00
                    0C938D23-A7E3-4643-A4F9-331AB32F87E6.jpeg

Front fender braces pair,,04/30 thru 04/31 sandblasted and primed $65.00
                    SOLD to Geary

3F9CF7A6-F007-419B-A68C-18C6FF833B13.jpegA27748E4-3767-410D-BF82-C716092E7DC5.jpeg3AAA4FFA-58AA-403E-A5A6-72BBA69854B6.jpeg061E4E6B-74B1-4973-B503-0FE6417EE3CB.jpegDAF9C970-223F-4502-B516-FBAAA73DCC4E.jpegE7F37532-9C31-4776-B202-3AEBDCACFB9A.jpeg

AMP Gauges - One w/made in USA -3 total 25.00
                    SOLD to Mitch
                    amp.jpg amp1.jpg
                    3 ~ Tudor's
                    Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

As the items sell I'll post it next to the description

3 ~ Tudor's
                      Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

This post of parts is closed. See the newer postings!!!

Zenith 2 & Zenith 4 misc carbs, W fuel lines – all for $90

This lot also comes with another carburetor not pictured. I was just notified about that.
                        SOLD to Jerry Kzoo

39B00417-92CD-4E6A-BB1B-36DECE272057.jpeg8A8A0C47-4E6D-4E7E-8AAE-0DDBECD2E6D4.jpegD2B505F8-9CE7-4D7B-910C-FECD3C2D6A3D.jpegD2EA26FC-8720-4262-9454-78929A474D5B.jpeg

Zenith 2 sidebowl complete $175.00
                        SOLD to Mike V

F60B6F26-B451-4E89-A37F-FD74FE6DA159.jpegB2F4AC33-1CEF-42FB-AD39-8CEFB98232C1.jpeg1AF9DE4F-4BDA-4448-BA0D-E7172D140E4F.jpeg

Valve stems – assorted plus 1 really nice Schrader TR83A6-700X, plus 2 Schrader 28/29 caps and 1 Dill
                        ALL FOR $20.00

SOLD to Gary Karr
                        58908E40-42EC-42FF-8342-96A6AC87106F.jpeg2B1EC7B8-314B-45B3-AE73-45D5B1B7B706.jpeg17B59D18-C785-46F2-B2D0-8A41581A36F1.jpeg23BA6D81-4E3D-4900-9C3E-45D6773E884C.jpeg2AB21D80-D8D1-419D-87F1-45557F0D7F92.jpeg
                        3 ~ Tudor's
                        Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Mitch do we post here for what we want? If so I’ll take the horn parts lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis View Post
                            Mitch do we post here for what we want? If so I’ll take the horn parts lot.
                            Here or PM doesn't matter. I gotcha
                            3 ~ Tudor's
                            Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

My condolences to Mary. Let's see... first Model A at 13 and a 40 year collection. He wasn't an old man making his passing even more of a loss for his family. I feel for you.
                              I'd love to buy some of those things but shipping is too much of a killer.

Comment

Ill take the closed car mirror
                                http://jmodela.coffeecup.com

Comment

That’s a good deal Jim. I was on the fence over it but it’s going to a good buyer that’s putting together an early car I assume.

Comment

I would be grateful to purchase the pair of '31 3-bolt front fender braces please, mine are cracked...

Thank you,
                                    Geary
                                    Last edited by Geary; 10-31-2019, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Geary View Post
                                      I would be grateful to purchase the pair of '31 3-bolt front fender braces please, mine are cracked...

Thank you,
                                      Geary
                                      Thanks Geary
                                      Please PM me your address
                                      3 ~ Tudor's
                                      Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

I do ask that we respect Mary's privacy, so please do not attempt to contact her. Mary's wishes are for me to be the only direct line of communication. After Steve's passing she was bombarded with calls, emails etc from individuals that knew what the collection consisted of. These folks were only out for their own self interest, and to prey on someone that they knew had very little knowledge of what things were, or the worth of those items. These people were relentless in their quest I might say. She stressed to me that she wants nothing to do with any of that. Dealing with these parts and so forth can be overwhelming, so as you read in her opening statement she is doing the best that she can.
                                        It's comforting for Mary to know that a large amount of Steve's items will be going to all good homes of VFF members. She told me how much Steve loved this new forum, and how he was looking forward to helping me grow it.
                                        3 ~ Tudor's
                                        Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

FWIW If any of you missed out on this first set of parts sales, you might want to subscribe to this thread and set up Email notifications. As I get the pics and descriptions they will get posted right up. It could just be one or two items at a time. It's a slow process but we'll get it done.
                                          Just a thought
                                          3 ~ Tudor's
                                          Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

My deepest condolences to you Mary...............
                                            "Bullshit and Brilliance Comes with Age and Experience"

Comment

Many of our wives will have to deal with this same situation. I only hope a future Model A'er will do for my wife what Mitch is doing for Mary. You're an honorable man Mitch, well done.

Comment

Well said Curly and my condolences to Mary and her Family.
                                                Model A's and of course the famous AA's

Comment

Here is a more descriptive description that I just received regarding the rumble lid for sale above.

""The rumble lid we listed as a 1929 only because it has a 1929 handle and an early latch. I think the lid itself is the same size for all four years. It does have the rumble lid hinges and I think one showed up in the picture. There is some very minor pitting at the very bottom of the inner panel, which to me is an easy fix and one of the D nuts that the seat back rest attaches to is also missing.""
                                                  3 ~ Tudor's
                                                  Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment