Trailer build it's complete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trailer build it's complete

Finished up my car trailer inside all the racks are in and interior finished with the interior lights installed as well.

I stow all my tie down and tow equipment for this trailer in it so it is in one place when ready. I have the front jack motorized and can chock and lock the wheels so the car can be loaded without being tied to the vehicle small stands at the back of the trailer prevent it from moving up and down and the car is loaded and unloaded with a winch.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

Nothing to do but drive now ! Enjoy
      Model A's and of course the famous AA's

Comment

• BNCHIEF
        BNCHIEF commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks paat and a week from sunday i am taking it and my a on our first tour.

That is a very nice job. We have traded for a couple of enclosed trailers on car deals and I am always tempted to keep one until I look at the quality of the build. They mostly look good on the outside and are of terrible construction. They remind me of the old conversion vans of the eighties, all held together with staples. You can take pride in yours from the inside out. Now that it is done are you taking orders for more?

Comment

• Mitch
        Mitch commented
        Editing a comment
        HEY ! Art:

I'm first, He is building me an extra height stacker to fit two Tudors

• BNCHIEF
        BNCHIEF commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey Mitch i already showed what would make us both happy and i would even chaffeur for free, unless your still broke but they could finance you I'm sure. Seriously for you I would do it if I had the capability and space to handle it, the hydraulics in the trailer would probably be the biggest issue not mention the aluminum.

• tbirdtbird
        tbirdtbird commented
        Editing a comment
        hey push over Mitch, I'm next!! How else am I supposed to visit you way over in Philly?
        what incredible workmanship.
        I have a ton of respect for people who want to do the job as good as it can be done

and to think it only took him a couple of days!!! LOL

• BNCHIEF
        BNCHIEF commented
        Editing a comment
        Tbird there are at least two days in each of all the weeks I have been working on this.

This one has just about been like restoring a car from the ground up, but like you said most are poorly constructed when I had it inspected and a vin tag put on the trooper looked at me and said this is supposed to be a home built trailer, well i will tell you it is much nicer than most new ones I inspect. He said man I thought you were a manufacturer.
      Last edited by BNCHIEF; 09-08-2017, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Great looking job Chief. I am wondering, will you be using strap over tire style hold downs?
        You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

• BNCHIEF
          BNCHIEF commented
          Editing a comment
          I will however I also use heavy straps as well i put protective straps around the rear axle and pull to the front, then i put on two more to the rear not CRISS-CROSSED then I put the others over the tires. that controls all movement allows the suspension to work. I do not like tying to the front axle myself. I winch this car in and out of this trailer and that is why I designed it like this and when I load the car in 10 days I will post some pics again.

Very nice..............OH NO, I forgot to grease the wheel bearings. LOL

I like the idea of an enclosed trailer so I could have year round storage for another car.
        Is there any problem using an enclosed trailer as a year round garage?

Comment

• tbirdtbird
          tbirdtbird commented
          Editing a comment
          don't see why not, I have done it

• BNCHIEF
          BNCHIEF commented
          Editing a comment
          And that is my plan as well Tom.

• BudP
          BudP commented
          Editing a comment
          I used an enclosed trailer as antique car storage until a few neighbors started complaining. Moved the car to a neighbor's barn, sold the trailer, and built another garage.

These freight containers will work also for storage of an automobile.
        I have two as you, see one for shop things and the other for all Model A items. When i built my cars i stored all the parts in it which was great, and it's all organized inside with heavy duty shelving. I have stored cars in my enclosed trailer with no issues.
        Don't even think of coming here and stealing all my Model A parts because i have both those doors alarmed in series with the shop system.. They are also blocked by that car which is t-boned on the R/S but it runs and rolls easily.
        I'm a professional hoarder now

09148C74-1FBB-4CBC-B129-082A7ED1D228L0001.jpg
        3 ~ Tudor's
        Henry Ford said
        "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

You are a first class hoarder.

Comment

• Mitch
            Mitch commented
            Editing a comment
            Chief your trailer looks great

• BNCHIEF
            BNCHIEF commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Mitch i am really happy with the way it loads and it pulls really well even in a cross wind.

That's an awesome trailer. How did you attach the insulation to the ceiling?

Comment

• BNCHIEF
            BNCHIEF commented
            Editing a comment
            I cut it 1/4" WIDER SO IT FORCED IT TO COMPRESS AND FIT TIGHT sorry for the caps.

• ModelA Mike
            ModelA Mike commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the info - I have a 20 foot Interstate enclosed car trailer and have been thinking about insulating the ceiling.

Speaking of alarms, back in the mid 70's a couple scum bags broke into the local service station, and the alarm didn't go off when they broke the glass to get in.
          The alarm went off when one of the guys flushed the toilet.

Comment

Now I have to put in a toilet:rolling
            Last edited by BNCHIEF; 09-10-2017, 04:14 AM.

Comment