I think I lost a file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I lost a file

Well folk, I can't seem to find the file I had listing the different body styles and the wood needed and how it was assembled.

How about a little help?

One of our club member has a nice '30 Town Sedan and his windshield is falling off and it seems to me he has no wood backing it up for the wood screws to hold onto, so I need prints and pictures because I don't remember the differences between the Murray and Briggs bodies. I was thinking one of the two styles used D nuts and one used wood.
    You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

My '30 Town Sedan is a Briggs and it uses wood screws to hold the windshield hinge to the header.

Comment

WELL, I lost my Button Hook I use it for Zipper malfunctions
      KDad Glitch

Comment

• Dennis
        Dennis commented
        Editing a comment
        :rolling

Related Topics

Collapse

• KB9JLO
      30 Town Sedan Header Wood
      by KB9JLO
      Thinking a little bit down the road, I would like to be able to 'open' my front window. I can't now because there are no screws in the windshield hinge and I figured out quickly that's because the screws that held the hinge fell out and the header is rotten. As part of the parts collection process I've been looking at all the vendors for the header wood piece. Of course all of them carry it - that...
      07-18-2020, 08:39 PM
    • 28A
      What to use for wood preservative
      by 28A
      Got a Briggs body with some wood that needs to be fixed up. What are we using for new or existing wood to protect it?
      I've heard boiled linseed oil is good as well as Gilsonite, but I have no idea where to source Gilsonite?...
      08-22-2018, 10:49 PM
    • RockHillWill
      Looking for any Model A Ford wood related information or 'notes'
      by RockHillWill
      I have been attending a wood working class locally for about two years and at each event there is some one that presents about an hour talking about some sort of a wood project. I am just a little bit smarter than a rock about wood working, but feel that I ought to contribute in some way, and all I could think of was something like: 'Using Wood in Vintage Auto Restoration'. I thought that I could...
      01-15-2019, 08:38 AM
    • carolinamudwalker
      Header wood
      by carolinamudwalker
      On the sport coup, is the wood directly over the windshield a solid piece or is there a space in the middle? Anyone have a picture?
      05-08-2019, 02:32 PM
    • gdaquilina
      Treating original wood?
      by gdaquilina
      I will soon start removing the original interior of my Town Sedan to install the new Classtique interior expected in late December. Since much of the original wood will be exposed is it worth applying any treatment to it? From a few sections that I have previously exposed the original wood is in very good condition. The threads that I found on the forum seemed to deal with treating new wood or repairing...
      11-24-2019, 08:31 PM
    • Cape Codder
      Replacing Wood In a '30 Blindback
      by Cape Codder
      I would like to hear from any amateur who has successfully installed the wood in a '30 Fordor Blindback or maybe even any '30 Fordor although I don't know if they are comparable.

I would also like to know if you used a kit and if so where did you purchase it OR did you cut all your own wood?

As a side note to this post, does anyone know if there is any difference between...
      07-16-2019, 08:10 PM
    • donh
      top wood
      by donh
      Has anyone ever tried filling the nail holes in the top wood and then successfully nailed the top material and molding down? I'm working on a 30 170B deluxe. I replaced the header but wonder about the rest of the top wood.
      09-10-2018, 06:52 AM
    • wrndln
      Kwik Poly
      by wrndln
      There was a product called Kwik Poly. It was a 2 part epoxy product, I think, that could be used to repair decayed wood, like body sill wood. It appears the company that made it went out of business. Does anyone have any information about Kwik Poly or a similar product that can be used to repair wood?
      Thanks
      Rusty Nelson
      07-12-2019, 05:44 PM
    • mshmodela
      HF wood dollys
      by mshmodela
      I saw in "Model A News" the use of Harbor Freight wood moves followers under a Model A each wheel.

Now there are some things I would trust to Harbor Freight but not a 2,700lbs car. If the wood was very solid Oak and quality wheels wood would be fine.
      02-13-2018, 04:49 PM
    • Bill G
      Nice ending to a wood header issue
      by Bill G
      At the tail end of summer I was installing a top wood kit for my '29 Tudor After a lot of work, the last step was to install the header piece. It did, as the Les Andrews book suggests, take some sanding in order to make the bull-nose piece fit properly, and some to get the bottom to fit the contour of the outside ends. After all that, I went to put the piece in place with the 3M sealer, clamps and...
      10-23-2018, 01:05 PM
    Working...
    X