Model A Railcars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model A Railcars

4157DD76-478F-41B5-9D4E-77CFEEDF0CB3.jpegD7E933A1-ADA5-4925-A075-0FDE989C8F63.jpeg12A0AE60-A388-4F77-AB41-9CE9A172AC60.jpegAF9F0EC0-FCC1-4FB9-88B0-0A7F754EC9BF.jpegB7EEB6C9-7A02-496A-A229-9C29B08998A9.jpegE0056BE4-CFC9-45FC-AF06-CAB0B8000CAD.jpeg2C1F3452-6B0E-413B-A6AF-743A5E16A008.jpegC256D8B6-ECC1-4E6B-9C79-AF4E30D52394.jpeg
    4~ Tudor's
    1~ Coupe

Henry Ford said,
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Those are very cool!! I have never seen any made from Model A’s, but it makes sense. We’re heading to Cass Scenic Railroad next Sun to hopefully ride behind a gear driven Shay locomotive. My son is friends with the rail master & he is promising him a cab ride. Can’t wait!!

Comment

First time I saw a Shay I had no idea what I was looking at!!!
      Good for tight track turns
      Be sure he gets some video from that cab, a ride of a lifetime!

Comment

Originally posted by tbirdtbird View Post
        First time I saw a Shay I had no idea what I was looking at!!!
        Good for tight track turns
        Be sure he gets some video from that cab, a ride of a lifetime!
        They are an awesome machine. They use the Shay’s there because of the steep grades they have to climb

Comment

Hmm.............so that's the little engine that could.

There's a small town in Wisconsin that displays and restores train cars and steam engines.
          I heard Paul Harvey talk about it many years ago, so I stopped in to visit it a few times.
          I'll have to look at a Wisconsin map to recall the name of the town.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Wesenberg View Post
            Hmm.............so that's the little engine that could.

There's a small town in Wisconsin that displays and restores train cars and steam engines.
            I heard Paul Harvey talk about it many years ago, so I stopped in to visit it a few times.
            I'll have to look at a Wisconsin map to recall the name of the town.
            Maybe North Freedom? They have rides and I believe a museum. North of Madison Wi. a ways.

Comment

Yes, it is North Freedom. Definitely worth a stop if you are in the area.

Comment

Cool pictures and "who knew" moments.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamey E View Post
                  Those are very cool!! I have never seen any made from Model A’s, but it makes sense. We’re heading to Cass Scenic Railroad next Sun to hopefully ride behind a gear driven Shay locomotive. My son is friends with the rail master & he is promising him a cab ride. Can’t wait!!
                  We rode the Cass in the mid 90s before we moved to Colorado. Try to find time to visit the shops. That's where the magic really happens!

Comment

Originally posted by slammin View Post

We rode the Cass in the mid 90s before we moved to Colorado. Try to find time to visit the shops. That's where the magic really happens!
                    We plan too & I’m planning on the shop tour where they work on the engines. We are hoping to travel out to Durango next year for the train ride
                    Last edited by Jamey E; 10-08-2019, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Here's another one from the CDRJC County Donegal Railways:
                      s-l1600.jpg

Comment