No announcement yet.

VFF Topper

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• Big guy
    Authentic Indiana license plate.
    by Big guy
    I have tried Ebay and other internet sites as a source for authentic plates with no luck. I need or would like to have an original 1929 Indiana license plate for my Tudor. Any suggestions on an honest dealer selling plates? I would like to register the car with an authentic plate. Thanks...
    05-29-2018, 12:58 PM
  • ClO2Jim
    Rear License Plate Bracket & Plate Bolts
    by ClO2Jim
    I have tried finding this in the Judging Standards, but have not been able to find it.

What bolts, washers, nuts, etc. were originally used to attach the License Plate to the rear license plate bracket?

Do you use the same arrangement as the front? Seems to me that they would be different.

Thanks
    Jim
    03-27-2020, 07:10 PM
  • Bjunkans
    Point gap changes with rotation.
    by Bjunkans
    I’ve been having a problem with my timing, when I try to advance the lever I can only pull it down a little more than half way on the quadrant and it starts sputtering and cutting out. I tried re timing, even retiming a little off, just to see if that was the issue. Finally pulled the distributor to go over it again and found that when I move the top plate the point gap changes and in some positions...
    09-16-2019, 09:13 AM
  • Tom Wesenberg
    Distributor Points Plate Date Code
    by Tom Wesenberg
    I haven't looked for date codes on distributor plates, but was looking through some of my pictures and noticed this upper plate with the Autolite symbol and a date code for October 1929. This is the first and only time I recall seeing a date code on the top plate.

Also notice the worn insulation on the left, and the incorrect wire on the lower plate on the right. This is ordinary primary...
    07-12-2017, 02:22 AM
  • WayneT
    Distributor Question
    by WayneT
    I am experiencing a new problem that I have NEVER encountered with a Model A Distributor. I converted both of my A's distributors some time ago and removed the "pigtail" between the upper and lower plates and replaced it with the Brass springy plate that the acorn nut hits on the bottom of the upper plate that is on the bottom of the post for the points.
    I have had the upper plates...
    11-05-2019, 04:57 PM
  • Jedmundcars
    What kind of tag do you run?
    by Jedmundcars
    Wondering what kind of tag veteran Model A’ers like to use? Here in NC it is legal to use the year of the vehicle...
    07-04-2019, 02:13 PM
  • Curly
    Sill plate in truck
    by Curly
    If one were to put a sill plate in a truck would you use the coupe plate?
    Not not sure I’m going to do it, just scratching my head and thinking about it....
    11-09-2018, 09:38 PM
    Registration of a daily driver in Pa.
    by Guest
    Greetings,
    I'm going to be registering a 1928 Tudor in Pennsylvania. I found on the PenDOT site that “It is unlawful for any person to operate a motorcycle or vehicle with antique, classic or vintage registration plates for general daily transportation. Permitted use shall be limited to participation in club activities, exhibits, tours, parades, occasional transportation and similar uses.
    01-22-2019, 01:37 PM
  • Sureshkumar badrakiya
    Build Info Needed
    by Sureshkumar badrakiya
    HI, I AM RESTORING 1934 FORD 4 CYLINDER MY ENGINE AND CHASIS NO. IS *B5224830* WHAT IS THE EXACT MODEL OF MY CAR AND WHAT WILL BE THE DETAILS IN THE DATA PLATE?, MY CAR IS R.H.D. WITH ONLY ONE TAIL LAMP, I HAVE NO DATA PLATE, I WANT TO KNOW WHAT IS THE EXACT PRODUCTION YEAR, AND FROM WHICH COUNTRY, AND NAME OF THE COACH BUILDERS? THANKS.
    03-01-2019, 09:18 AM
  • Curly
    Do you have a front license plate?
    by Curly
    Do you have a front license plate? If so, where is it?
    I had mine mounted center above the bumper. I made a bracket this evening to move it to the right side so as not to obstruct the wind that feeds the radiator. I see a lot mounted center on the light bar. Im experimenting to see if this change engine temperature....
    09-26-2017, 12:53 AM
Working...
X