Front & Rear brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front & Rear brakes

Our next mission is to inspect the brakes on the car. Can you guys give me any pointers or lead me to a technical thread on this? Also are there any special tools that we’ll need to work on the brakes or pullers to remove the drums?

The best thing you can do is by the "Red" book by Les Andrews. All the vendors,Amazon have it.
    Paul in CT You'll need a puller for the rears.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• bettlesr
      Flathead Ted's setup with '35 front brakes
      by bettlesr
      Can I use the Ted's front parts I used with the original '30 brakes on my car if I change the front brakes to '35 assemblies or are the modified parts different?
      10-17-2017, 09:58 PM
    • canadian
      S10 Brakes
      by canadian
      Any members with information regarding adapting GM ,S10 Disc brakes using Original 29 Spindles?...
      01-03-2021, 09:23 PM
    • Doctor J
      Front end/brake problems
      by Doctor J
      My 1930 Town sedan was parked for over 9 months. When I got it out to drive, it started right up, but the front end shuttered every time the brakes were applied. I thought some rust had built up. Drove it around for a while, gently riding the brakes and it seemed better. But going down a real steep hill, I applied the brakes and the whole car jumped to the right every time the brakes were applied....
      08-01-2018, 03:29 PM
    • krasnejv
      1955 Ford Customline Front Disc Conversion
      by krasnejv
      Hello,

I have a 1955 Ford Customline with drum brakes that I have recently had converted to power brakes. After the conversion, the brakes are now very touchy. I barely have to push the pedal and the brakes really take hold. The mechanic that did the work said I should convert to front disc brakes (with a proportioning valve) to alleviate this condition. However, I can't find a conversion...
      07-15-2020, 11:47 AM
    • bosticjb
      Brakes
      by bosticjb
      Finally I got brakes that will stop,, After sending my drums.shoes and e brake linings to Randy Gross and he worked his magic I now have safe brakes, If you want great service And quality workmanship call Randy Gross...
      10-13-2019, 07:04 PM
    • Captndan
      Brakes
      by Captndan
      I can’t remember. Who was recommended for rebuilding brakes?
      03-24-2019, 08:26 AM
    • carolinamudwalker
      Hydraulic brakes
      by carolinamudwalker
      Has anyone had any experience with MT Bowling brothers brake kits? I drive my car at a steady 55mph, it is very comfortable at that speed and straight as an arrow with the radial tires. I feel that I am out running my brake system. Part of it is age related. When changing from my modern with a very soft pedal to the model A it takes quit some time to mentally adjust Bottom line I just am not comfortable...
      06-09-2018, 06:53 AM
    • dmdeaton
      Mikes special on front brakes
      by dmdeaton
      This doesn't seem like a bad deal with no core charge this week?
      Mike’s “A” Ford-able Parts is your best source for Model A Ford Parts. We have the most parts available for sale online.
      09-28-2017, 02:30 PM
    • Curly
      Rear hydraulic brakes issue
      by Curly
      I took my rear hubs off to put on the shock brackets for my Ken Davis shock kit. I got the rear bearings re-greased while I had it apart. The brake shoes and everything looked good. I put it all back together now the brakes are way too tight. I didn’t adjust anything but my easy spinning perfectly adjusted rear brakes will hardly turn now.
      While the hubs were both off I pumped the brake...
      12-25-2017, 12:01 AM
    • Tom Rode
      Brakes
      by Tom Rode
      OK up to date on most items I wanted to address on the 29 Roadster I bought. Next item to look into is brakes. Mine are, as mentioned by someone here, more suggestion than command. However, having never driven a model A before I have no frame of reference. I know it should not stop like a modern car, but this car is very hard to bring to a stop over 25 MPH. Large amount of pedal pressure yields minimal...
      12-02-2019, 12:14 PM
    Working...
    X