Crank journal diameter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crank journal diameter

Well, I guess this could be posted in the regular area, but since I didn't really know, I post here.

Anyone know the rear main diameter at stock size?

Seems I remember something about 1.585 but not sure.

TIA
    You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Originally posted by DaWizard View Post
    Well, I guess this could be posted in the regular area, but since I didn't really know, I post here.

Anyone know the rear main diameter at stock size?

Seems I remember something about 1.585 but not sure.

TIA
    Some where around 1.623

Comment

• Mitch
      Mitch commented
      Editing a comment
      Our accurate les red book says 1.624

Thanks Guys, answers that.
    You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Ronnieroadster
      Flathead Ford block for high horsepower
      by Ronnieroadster
      Heres the latest flathead block were building for another run on the salt flats. Can anyone see any differences?
      Ronnieroadster
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.
      11-10-2018, 06:25 PM
    • Tom Wesenberg
      Ford Tri Motor Rides Coming to Minnesota
      by Tom Wesenberg
      For those living in Minnesota or nearby, I just got an email letting me know the Ford Tri Motor is coming to St Cloud and Rochester in July.
      If you've never been on this plane, it's well worth the price of the ride.

July 6-9, 2017 St. Cloud, MN - St. Cloud Regional Airport

Field Location: TBD

Aircraft: Liberty Ford 5-AT-B

05-26-2017, 09:54 PM
    • DaWizard
      Henry Ford Picnic
      by DaWizard
      So sorry to post this so late but I have been brain dead. I am sure if you didn't preregister someone will be glad to take your $15.00/person and let you partake in the festivities.

Come out and enjoy the Diamond Tread's 50th anniversary party and get a button and I think a window sticker for your Model A.
      Starts
      06-09-2019
      Ends
      06-09-2019
      05-31-2019, 02:14 AM
    • DaWizard
      Tappet length
      by DaWizard
      Ok, after gaining a headache from reading so much print in the Tech area, I am unable to find a nominal length for the cam followers, aka tappets.

How about a little help?
      06-12-2018, 03:03 PM
    • DaWizard
      Firing order turns
      by DaWizard
      Ok folk, since I am becoming brain dead, I need your help.

We are trying to do a leak down test and I am trying to figure how many crank shaft turns from it takes to go from TDC #1 to TDC #4.

Something in my head says 6 revolutions does it, but I am doubting my minds eye.

For a better picture of this... I have just found TDC #1, how many crank turns does it take
      06-25-2019, 08:19 PM
    • DaWizard
      Fresh engine with a knock.
      by DaWizard
      Well, what started out as a drop the pan and adjust the rear main cap has come to a screeching halt.

Sorry I didn't take any pictures today, but if I remember to, I will try to get a few shots tomorrow.

So, to explain the reason for stopping, and the following discoveries, please read on.....

After dropping the pan and because there was a complaint of loud noises...
      04-30-2019, 10:01 PM
    • DaWizard
      Transmission swap
      by DaWizard
      Mitch, I'm not sure where this should be placed, so I'm asking here.

I have been pondering a trans swap to a 5spd OD transmission and was wondering what the experts out in interweb land think.

I know I am going to need to pull the trans sooner or later and when I do, I want to get me a 5spd OD and install that instead putting the original back.

I have been reading
      10-22-2017, 07:49 PM
    • Captndan
      Inserts
      by Captndan
      If you're going to have an engine rebuilt all the way why would you use babbit instead of insert bearings?
      09-12-2017, 09:59 AM
    • DaWizard
      Rear Main oil Leak Fix
      by DaWizard
      WARNING! This is NOT a tried and true fix for the rear main oil leak, use this information at your own risk!!

Just to clarify this, I am not posting this for discussion, I am posting this because tomorrow morning the pan comes off my Tudor and I have a tool made to hopefully make this work, so I will be updating this with pictures and more info probably tomorrow evening.

09-21-2017, 11:20 PM
    • Mark Maron
      Pancake Breakfast.
      by Mark Maron
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.
      04-06-2018, 08:53 PM
    Working...
    X