Fuel pump/regulator mounting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel pump/regulator mounting

I am installing a new fuel pump and regulator on my warmed up A motor. I am struggling with the locations and routing of everything. Does anyone have any suggestions keeping safety and looks in mind? Pictures would be great Thanks

On my 1950 Studebaker I run a 12 volt Holley on my 6 volt battery with a 1 ohm 50 watt resistor in the power wire, so this puts out the perfect couple pounds pressure with no pressure regulator needed.

Comment

Suppliers have a pump that's "hidden" inside the frame rail, at the center of the hood. Mounts on the hood bumper bolt.
      Bill Usedoneonminerva

Comment

If you got the kit, pump and filter with fuel lines, there should have been a clamp with it that fits around the pump. I used the 1/4" bolt that holds the splash apron and fender just inside of my hood shelf.
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• BILL WILLIAMSON
          BILL WILLIAMSON commented
          Editing a comment
          At my Car Quest store, they "discovered" one EXACTLY like our suppliers sell & it wuz even CHEEPER!!---I about soiled my DEPENDS!
          Bill Penneypincher

Here's how I mounted mine:
        Fuel pump is mounted with a clamp (that came with the pump) to the underside of the frame in the center near the hood bumper, the regulator is mounted to the frame using a bolt for the front hood latch.
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.
        Alaskan A's
        Antique Auto Mushers of Alaska
        Model A Ford Club of America
        Model A Restorers Club
        Antique Automobile Club of America
        Mullins Owners Club

Comment

• Mitch
          Mitch commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice engine bay Carl
          I sure won't be running your for titles..lol

Related Topics

Collapse

• Beauford
        Fuel Regulator suggestions
        by Beauford
        My pump has too much umphhh!! Anyone recommend a inline regulator to get 1-1.5 psi for 1/4 fuel line?? I know this probably should be on modified but I'm sure George Miller would know.....
        08-05-2018, 05:44 PM
      • Dennis
        Weber kit
        by Dennis
        For those of you that have a Weber kit, was there any specifications included with the electric fuel pump included in the kit? I bought my Weber kit used at a garage sale earlier this year so I have no idea how old it is. I'm not sure if the 90 degree heat had something to do with it a couple days ago, but I'm sure my electric pump failed. At first I thought probably a screen or the inline filter...
        11-24-2017, 04:31 AM
      • Beauford
        Fuel Pump
        by Beauford
        I run a stock '29 RPU and due to a hole in original tank I am running a tank in the bed of the truck. I had a cheap in line pump that died after 150 miles so stepped up to a Carter P4259. It works great but is noisy as hell. Any way to quiet this pump down??
        11-11-2018, 05:13 PM
      • Beauford
        Wiring inline fuel pump and electronic fuel valve.
        by Beauford
        So until I can buy another tank I have a T'ish cylinder tank in the bed of truck. I have mounted the tank and have secured the fuel pump on pass frame channel close to tank as possible underneath. I have a 30amp inline fuse off the "-" side of battery to the fuel pump and grounded fuel pump. I will later tonight mount cutoff fuel valve near carb inside frame and I have a toggle switch to...
        08-04-2018, 05:19 PM
      • ClaudeC
        rebuilding 1933/34 fuel pump
        by ClaudeC
        I want to install a new diaphragm in my 1934 fuel pump. I have the pump in two sections but need help in getting the old diaphragm out. Any suggestions?
        03-24-2018, 11:50 AM
      • Beauford
        Fuel pump opinions needed..
        by Beauford
        Well the painter was sanding a rough area on tank....gas came out. Rust911 took it down to the best solid metal but the tank was to far gone in one area so he is filling that and make it look good and paint. Instead of chasing down a '29 tank that's worth a damn I'm going with a bed mount tank in the truck...maybe a stainless round tank mounted to truck bed. How hard are fuel pump installs? Never...
        07-28-2018, 07:39 PM
      • Towd56
        Glass fuel bowl with fuel pump
        by Towd56
        can you use the glass fuel bowl if you are using a fuel pump installed BEFORE the fuel bowl. Or do you install the pump after?...
        05-04-2017, 09:30 PM
      • ClaudeC
        identifying true 1934 v8 fuel pump
        by ClaudeC
        My fuel pump has the number 523307 stamped on it and the sediment drain is only a screw and not a wing nut type? Any ideas?
        03-26-2018, 12:01 PM
      • DaWizard
        Electric Water Pump
        by DaWizard

Let's try this again...

Call me crazy, insane, or just plain bonkers, I AM an electronics Wizard, have been since 1975 when I started my second electronics job repairing stereos and CB radios. I have been and always will be a gadget freak, so naturally, I rewired my Model A to 12v neg chassis. Also I likes LEDs

Now, because we are now 12v, the next step in this
        07-23-2017, 11:43 PM
      • copgib
        Water Flushing Pump
        by copgib
        Can someone who used a sump pump to flush there engines out for rust tell me what size motor your pump had. If I go this route I want to be sure it will be powerful enough to do the job. Thanks
        07-18-2018, 08:13 PM
      Working...
      X