Original Roadster Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Original Roadster Parts

Just spent a full month clearing out my parents home, workshop and garage to sell the house (Mom passed away in December) and I got a real treat in the garage. Up above the joists I found these treasures. I remember when I worked on getting the car restored for me to use in high school and college, we trailered it from VT to MA to LaBarron Bonney to have it re-upholstered and a new roof. When we went to pick it up, I remember my dad being very angry at them for putting in a new rumble seat bottom cushion and back. I guess he thought these were perfectly good. But they gave us the old ones and said they would not have been a perfect match with the new upholstery. Here are some pictures of the original parts.
    Rumble Back Cushion.JPGRumble Seat Cushion.JPGSeat Cushion Damage.JPG
    You can see how good they are for 89 years old. I wiped them off and didn't even try to really wash them. You can see some damage on the last picture of the seat cushion where the hinge section rubbed for years of opening and closing. He also kept all the original interior panels, which also can be cleaned up pretty easily.

I know some of you do restorations for others and maybe these could be of value to you. I would think a good points car with original parts like these could mean a lot to a score. I don't want to make a lot of money, much more would like to see the parts used. They are currently in Vermont, but I could bring them down to my place in SC (lake Murray near Columbia) or in Venice FL to be nearer if someone would like them. I was amazed at how good the condition still is.

Let me know if there is any interest from this group. You are my favorites to consider for this.

Rich

Attached Files

Very nice Rich, sorry to hear of your Mom's passing.
    I feel honoured, as many here should too, that you thought of your friends here on the VFF, to be the first in line for those all original seats.
    Hope you find a good home for them soon.
    Jeff
    Twiss Collector Car Parts

Comment

Originally posted by JDupuis View Post
      Very nice Rich, sorry to hear of your Mom's passing.
      I feel honoured, as many here should too, that you thought of your friends here on the VFF, to be the first in line for those all original seats.
      Hope you find a good home for them soon.
      Jeff
      Well said X2
      3 ~ Tudor's
      Henry Ford said
      "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment