Engine Paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Paint

I noticed on the can this stuff is made exclusively for Snyder's. Have anybody noticed how well it holds up to gas once it's cured? I wish they made it in black..

are you looking for a fuel resistance black rattle can?
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

The can of Snyder's engine green is the same paint I use, and after it dries it stands up to gas just fine.

Comment

That's what he said :
        Paul

Comment

I use Plastikote paints quite often
          These are fuel resistant engine paints

http://www.plastikote.com/products/S...ne-Enamel.html

I use this lacquer T-3 on my carbs
          http://www.plastikote.com/products/S...uer-Paint.html
          3 ~ Tudor's
          Henry Ford said
          "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

• Dennis
            Dennis commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Mitch, I'll look for those.

• Mitch
            Mitch commented
            Editing a comment
            Dennis
            If you look on Snyders last page of carburetors they also recommend that T-3 ... just sayin!!

I haven't had any issues with Snyder's paint. I usually buy three cans at a time and request that all three come from the same batch # so there is no color variation.

Comment

• Mitch
            Mitch commented
            Editing a comment
            Good point Ray, always buy extra paint

Related Topics

Collapse

• carolinamudwalker
          Black paint
          by carolinamudwalker
          I need to paint the panels just above the running boards. The fenders have been painted with a base coat/clear coat. My problem is I don't want to buy a gallon of paint. I think it was Tom W. that recommended a very black paint from one of the auto parts stores but I could not find that thread. I prefer a paint with a hardener for spraying. Any suggestions?
          02-17-2019, 12:22 PM
        • Jwmckenzie
          Carburetor paint - Semi gloss black.
          by Jwmckenzie
          Looking for real life experience painting carbs with semi-gloss black.

Snyder's sells a Seymore Hi-Tech Lacquer for this purpose, but the data sheet says it is not resistant to gas.

Search on this interweb thingie, suggests I need an epoxy or urethane.
          02-29-2020, 06:22 AM
        • wrndln
          Another couple paint questions
          by wrndln
          I need to touch up a few very small flaws in my front fenders. These are not the colorsanding break thru's I recently posted here on VFF. These are about the size of a straight pin's head. The fender are painted with PPG Concept 9300 black. I have the same 9300 black paint I am going to use to touch up the fenders. My question is: Will the paint I use to touch up the very small flaws work OK...
          09-29-2019, 05:55 PM
        • Bobm90
          Paint in "Rattle Cans"
          by Bobm90
          I have always used paint in so-called rattle cans whenever painting metal objects was desired due mostly to the fact I never had a desire to own paint spraying equipment or had something large enough to require it, also I have - NO SKILLS. Although many people use good old Rustoleum I have never been a fan because it takes forever to dry to the touch, always seems soft unless it drys for days, scrapes...
          02-27-2020, 09:32 AM
        • Ezl3517@comcast.net
          Paint
          by [email protected]
          Where’s the best place to order touch up paint ?
          05-21-2019, 05:48 PM
        • DaWizard
          Now that we have the paint figured out...
          by DaWizard
          I have read the entire 32 posts on paint and what to use and I have a nagging question.

What to use to keep the paint shiny and clean that will withstand mother nature. IF I paint my car, or have it done, in the near future it will still be stored outdoors in all the Southern Califlower elements, so I need to know, after I've spent these thousands of dollar on paint, what to use to keep
          12-02-2018, 07:01 PM
        • Terry, NJ
          I am Defiant! (auto paint)
          by Terry, NJ
          As the title says, I am defiant over the exorbitantly high cost of auto paint! I'm considering using Rustoleum (or any other good quality paint) for all my projects from now on. High build primers (PPG) running at $148 and $154 (with hardener), I've had it! I recall buying DuPont Centari for $15 a qt. So I'm on a search for a somewhat High (?) quality, long lasting paint at a price I can live with....
          02-26-2020, 01:45 PM
        • BillLee/Chandler, TX
          Too much catalyst
          by BillLee/Chandler, TX
          What happens if you use too much catalyst when preparing some urethane paint? How does the paint react? How does it spray? Flow out?
          09-19-2018, 12:45 PM
        • Steve Plucker
          Carburetor paint
          by Steve Plucker
          I would like to know just what type of paint you are using on your 1928-1931 Zeneth and Holley Carburetors.

Yes I know about the Japan Black method and the article in The Restorer a few months back but other than that...what else have you used with good results?

Thanks.

Pluck
          03-07-2020, 11:31 PM
        • Gary D
          Model "A" engine painting
          by Gary D
          I am new to the hobby and want to paint my engine. Any advice, both pro and con, would be greatly appreciated. Some questions: 1) best paint stripper; 2) best metal cleaner; 3) should the bare metal receive a primer coat first, if yes, which is best; 4) best paint for Ford engine green. Thanks! Gary D
          02-15-2018, 07:48 PM
        Working...
        X