Fritz nickel polish !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fritz nickel polish !!!

is there anything better just finished the nickel on my phaeton for a up coming show it came out better than I could have ever dream

Originally posted by Jm29henry View Post
    is there anything better just finished the nickel on my phaeton for a up coming show it came out better than I could have ever dream
    IF it's TOO shiny, "they" may think it's "cheep" CHROME---LOL
    Bill W.

Comment

I guess stick with what works..
      i like shiny also
      3 ~ Tudor's
      Henry Ford said
      "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

• BILL WILLIAMSON
        BILL WILLIAMSON commented
        Editing a comment
        I heard of a car where the nickel headlights were SO SHINY, the Judges "thought" they were CHROME!
        The car owner scratched the nickel plated lights with a NICKEL, to prove they were NICKEL!!!
        Bill W.

The only nickel I have is in my pocket!
      poor boy from Illinois :-)

Comment

a judge that cannot tell chrome from nickle should seek another line of work....the difference is huge

Comment

Originally posted by Jm29henry View Post
          I have lots of nickel on "Martha". How did you apply your Flitz polish-by hand or with a buffer?

Comment

• DaWizard
            DaWizard commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey Smitty, you could start by not parking under the bushes that drip sap!

Originally posted by smittykid View Post

I have lots of nickel on "Martha". How did you apply your Flitz polish-by hand or with a buffer?
          I always polish my bright parts by hand. A buffer can get into the paint and remove it on the edge of panels or on sharp bends.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Wesenberg View Post

I always polish my bright parts by hand. A buffer can get into the paint and remove it on the edge of panels or on sharp bends.
            Thank you sir. Smitty

Comment

Originally posted by tbirdtbird View Post
              a judge that cannot tell chrome from nickle should seek another line of work....the difference is huge
              Maybe they were AACA judges.

Comment

I do it by hand one rag to apply and one to to wipe off and buff

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• greenhornet
                  Chrome gear shift lever and emergency brake handle
                  by greenhornet
                  Were the lever and brake handle chrome plated on the '31 Deluxe Model A as vendors lead you to believe? The picture in my original not reprint manual shows what seems to look like chrome plated. I just wonder if reproes are good quality or would it be better to chrome what I have as original. I just don't even see a speck of old chrome on my originals just old black paint.I striped and still do not...
                  10-20-2018, 01:36 PM
                • copgib
                  Why Chrome Bumpers
                  by copgib
                  I have noticed alot of Model A owners put chrome bumpers on their cars, it it because they prefer the shiney look? I would prefer Stainless Steel so it would last longer. Any ideas or input would be appreciated.
                  02-26-2018, 06:47 PM
                • Kevin in NJ
                  Rad shell crank cover finish
                  by Kevin in NJ
                  I was looking at my radiator shell crank cover and find it has a 'textured' finish. That is it does not have a smooth polished surface. I check a couple of others and they are the same. I believe they were likely not very polished, probably just stamped out and riveted in place.

Can anyone shed some light on them?

Thanks.
                  11-26-2017, 03:58 PM
                • Billm39ford
                  39 ford deluxe grille
                  by Billm39ford
                  Hi. I am looking for a 39 ford deluxe grille. I see at shows and everyone's pictures they look to have new grilles. Where are they getting them? I have searched and no one seems to have a good grille for sale. Our original is in bad shape car was wrecked at one point , we purchased a grille and it's poor quality the center chrome bar won't even fit it. I see a lot of cars with what looks like...
                  09-18-2017, 10:51 PM
                • Ray Horton
                  A consideration on restoration
                  by Ray Horton
                  "If the driveline on the A is properly restored to factory specs (keep in mind I'm not talking Judging Standards but Ford original specs for fit) it is a VERY reliable car."

This was a comment from a knowledgeable professional restorer, Kevin in NJ, and though I have heard similar comments before, this one caught my attention for the distinction drawn between Judging Standards...
                  12-27-2017, 08:39 PM
                • Jim Mason
                  wing nut
                  by Jim Mason
                  What's the story? and does anyone have one they'd like to sell or swap?

03-18-2018, 03:46 PM
                • 2manycars
                  Old bill of sale found for my tudor
                  by 2manycars
                  I was going through an old case with papers in it today, and found the original bill of sale for my 29 tudor. I have thought for a long time that it was 1975 that I bought the car, but the bill of sale is dated 22 nov 1974. So I bought it earlier than I thought. The first photo is me when I was young and better looking. The second one is with my daughter and older son. She is 44 now, and the son...
                  07-06-2018, 04:53 PM
                • ronnaab
                  Judging Standards
                  by ronnaab
                  Just starting to review my Judging Sheets from Fine Point Judging @ Branson. Can't say that I am to impressed with the knowledge of the judges.
                  Standards show deduct 2 points for white walls, my score sheet deducted 20 points. Tools had several points deducted for wrong tire pump, wrong jack handle etc. Same tools were judged 2 different times with a different car (same year) and received full...
                  09-26-2018, 11:46 PM
                • tbirdtbird
                  Eyebrow fender experts needed
                  by tbirdtbird
                  OK, I am metal repairing an eyebrow fender for a friend. The gauge of the metal just doesn't seem right for stock A. Can't be thicker than 21 ga. Have not measured it, but it is very flimsy.

So, were eyebrows ever repopped?
                  06-14-2017, 12:57 PM
                • Fixitphil
                  Landau Bars
                  by Fixitphil
                  I have what looks like aluminum Landau bars on my 1931 Sport Coupe. I can't get them off right now so I want to paint them. What do I used for primer, etching or what-ever to prep for paint?..........and what was the original Landau made of and how was it finished?
                  Thanks, Phil
                  10-27-2017, 08:58 AM
                Working...
                X