Pickup Box Info.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickup Box Info.

I have a couple pictures I took when I mocked up the bed wood that shows the bolts (3 on each side) that attach the bed/wood to the frame. All the bolts are in the wood holes, but only 3 are to attach the bed/wood to the frame (Z bracket, frame bolt (middle bolt) and rear crossmember end). The rear bolt attaches the bed to the wood and the second to the front bolt attaches the bed to the wood. I think you can see where each bolt goes OK. Rusty

Pictures or any info on pickup boxes would be welcomed and highly desired on this post. Thank You.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.
    Last edited by pAAt; 08-29-2017, 09:07 AM.
    Model A's and of course the famous AA's

Related Topics

Collapse

• pAAt
    Beauford
    by pAAt
    I have a couple pictures I took when I mocked up the bed wood that shows the bolts (3 on each side) that attach the bed/wood to the frame. All the bolts are in the wood holes, but only 3 are to attach the bed/wood to the frame (Z bracket, frame bolt (middle bolt) and rear crossmember end). The rear bolt attaches the bed to the wood and the second to the front bolt attaches the bed to the wood. I...
    This gallery has 2 photos.
    08-28-2017, 09:51 PM
  • wrndln
    Pickup (CCPU) bed square washers
    by wrndln
    I am trying to figure out the orientation of the square washers that I believe are used on the outer rows of the carriage bolts on my pickup bed. Square washers are used on the inner joints and set an angle (second picture). I believe that square washers were originally used on the outer rows from some pictures I have of a couple very rough beds, without any bed wood left, just the square washers...
    07-21-2019, 07:21 PM
  • Cape Codder
    Wood replacement in Fordor
    by Cape Codder
    Can someone who has replaced wood in a Fordor tell me if the CENTER door post has either a bolt or screw to attach it to the wood above the doors? If either can they be removed from the inside of car or........................?
    07-23-2019, 05:43 PM
  • Denis4x4
    I have a weight problem....
    by Denis4x4
    .....with my ‘29 CCPU. Took it across the scales and it came in at 2540 #. Looked at the MAFCA and MARC charts and the only thing in the 2500# range is the town car and Fordor. No rear fenders, but a 6-1/2” cab extension. I can’t help but think that redwood bed weighs far more than a steel bed. There is a CRAGAR head and a pair of CJ-7 seats. On the other hand, tube headers and aluminum...
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    07-27-2019, 06:13 PM
  • mshmodela
    HF wood dollys
    by mshmodela
    I saw in "Model A News" the use of Harbor Freight wood moves followers under a Model A each wheel.

Now there are some things I would trust to Harbor Freight but not a 2,700lbs car. If the wood was very solid Oak and quality wheels wood would be fine.
    02-13-2018, 04:49 PM
  • donh
    top wood
    by donh
    Has anyone ever tried filling the nail holes in the top wood and then successfully nailed the top material and molding down? I'm working on a 30 170B deluxe. I replaced the header but wonder about the rest of the top wood.
    09-10-2018, 06:52 AM
  • wrndln
    Kwik Poly
    by wrndln
    There was a product called Kwik Poly. It was a 2 part epoxy product, I think, that could be used to repair decayed wood, like body sill wood. It appears the company that made it went out of business. Does anyone have any information about Kwik Poly or a similar product that can be used to repair wood?
    Thanks
    Rusty Nelson
    07-12-2019, 05:44 PM
  • canadian
    pickup box
    by canadian
    when mounting P/U Box to frame is there a webbing or welt between Long wooden blocks ? or does frame webbing end at splash shields? 29 CCPU
    02-21-2018, 04:51 PM
  • 28A
    What to use for wood preservative
    by 28A
    Got a Briggs body with some wood that needs to be fixed up. What are we using for new or existing wood to protect it?
    I've heard boiled linseed oil is good as well as Gilsonite, but I have no idea where to source Gilsonite?...
    08-22-2018, 10:49 PM
  • Steve Plucker
    Canopy Top (65-A) for Pickup Box (78-A or 78-B)?
    by Steve Plucker
    What pickup box was the canopy top designed for? The wide bed or the narrow bed?

Thanks.

Pluck
    10-22-2017, 03:01 PM
Working...
X