Four door Vs Tudor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Four door Vs Tudor

Seems like there are a lot more tudors cars and parts for sale than four door. Did Ford build more tudors because of cost to the consumer?

I just ran into 3 four door sedans looking for my car. I like the four door

Comment

The Fordor was a wood body with tin nailed on, while the Tudor was a metal body with wood to hold the upholstery in place.

So many more Tudors were both sold and survived. Fordors do have more class IMHO.

Comment

Some of the four door sedans have the front seat attached to the B post which makes it near impossible for a 6'3" guy like me to enter and exit. The Tudor seats are only anchored on 2 pivot posts that are easily replaced and moved back for us height challenged.
        You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

Have a whole pile of 29 Briggs learherback sheetmetal. Parts from 2 cars. One was the donor of the chassis used for the delivery and the other from another purchase. Sold some of the tin and made patterns for a few people. Once the wood is gone they are just piles of metal pieces. Rod
          Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good.

Comment

I like the look of a tudor on the exterior of the car better then the fordor, but I like the fordor interior better then the tudor.
            mike
            Michael
            1928 speedster
            1929 closed cab p/u
            1930 standard roadster
            1931 deluxe tudor sedan
            1967 ss/rs conv.camaro

Comment

• Mitch
              Mitch commented
              Editing a comment
              Ditto

Tudors outsold all other body styles. To me, they say 'Model A Ford' more than the other styles. We had a very early '29 Tudor that I loved. It was a great car.

And yes, getting in and out of these little buggers if you are over 6' tall can be a challenge. The '28 Roadster PU, forget it. I don't recall having an issue getting in and out of a Tudor but even Roadsters themselves are a pain.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Wesenberg View Post
              The Fordor was a wood body with tin nailed on, while the Tudor was a metal body with wood to hold the upholstery in place.

So many more Tudors were both sold and survived. Fordors do have more class IMHO.
              Ok, so you are saying I have my work cut out for me.
              Thanks for the reply, always wondered what the difference was other than two doors.

Comment

The slant window Fordor had very little wood, kinda like the Tudor
                3 ~ Tudor's
                Henry Ford said
                "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Originally posted by Ed H View Post

Ok, so you are saying I have my work cut out for me.
                  Thanks for the reply, always wondered what the difference was other than two doors.
                  In another thread you stated that you were going to start working on your 1931 S/W Fordor. When Ford stated producing these S/W bodies they become more of a metal body and very little wood. You should have very little trouble with your wood.

Comment

Originally posted by Pickupman View Post

In another thread you stated that you were going to start working on your 1931 S/W Fordor. When Ford stated producing these S/W bodies they become more of a metal body and very little wood. You should have very little trouble with your wood.
                    Thank you, makes me feel a tad better. No matter what, I will get it done.

Comment