Chapter 7 notice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chapter 7 notice

Got my LB chapter notice in the mail today. Not sure what I need to do in anything as I assume since they sent the notice to me they know they have my money. Anyone ever deal with this before?

Looks like I claim number 8.

Comment

Mike, I think that the bankruptcy court goes out to every recorded customer with open orders or claims, and everyone that is a supplier with assets that may be at the bankrupt company. They quantify the assets that are physically present that still belong to the supplier (like any items ordered and not paid for by LB) at the top of the list and those items are returned to the suppliers. Then those who have paid for something not received get some kind of pecking order priority for where they stand in getting some return. You should certainly answer this either with a form they have sent to you or your explanation with any back up documentation. You may get lucky or get pennies on the dollar, but at least give them an answer.

Comment

Mike, I do not know what it means and wish you the best on getting your money back. Think you can forget about the parts you ordered being delivered. I am greatly disturbed by LB filing chapter 7. Knew their quality had fallen off over the years, but did not know things had gotten that bad. Rod
        "Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good." Thomas Sowell

Comment

I was gone for the past several weeks and just learned of LB going bankrupt a couple days ago. This sure took me by surprise and I sure hate to see any company go bankrupt, especially an antique car company.

Comment

Welcome back Tom.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Hillyard View Post
              Welcome back Tom.
              Thanks Tony and others for the welcome backs.
              It's nice to get away from the long cold Minnesota winters for a while, but it sure piles up the work load for when I return.

Comment

What roadster Rich said. I had a pizza chain go bankrupt on me, and went through the whole ordeal. When they sold the chain off, there were two bidders, so I ended up with 50% of my money back. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Sea/Tac View Post
                  What roadster Rich said. I had a pizza chain go bankrupt on me, and went through the whole ordeal. When they sold the chain off, there were two bidders, so I ended up with 50% of my money back. Good luck
                  Half of a pizza is better than no pizza at all.
                  Alaskan A's
                  Antique Auto Mushers of Alaska
                  Model A Ford Club of America
                  Model A Restorers Club
                  Antique Automobile Club of America
                  Mullins Owners Club

Comment

who is LB?

Comment

LBB
                      LeBaron Bonney
                      they used to make interiors, upholstery, and such

Now you have Mike at Classtique, who is doing a super job

Comment

gotcha, I knew they were not doing well. I need a convertible top boot for the roadster.

Comment

I ordered a roadster top boot from Mike two weeks ago. Delivery in August so don't hesitate. Consider getting matching door top covers also. To my knowledge he is the only one that makes them. To order the matching door top covers (arm rests), you will need to furnish the center-to-center distance of the outside door holes.

Comment

Yesterday was Mike’s Birthday, so when you call, make sure you wish him a belated!
                            Twiss Collector Car Parts

Comment

Originally posted by JDupuis View Post
                              Yesterday was Mike’s Birthday, so when you call, make sure you wish him a belated!
                              Mike's B-day is the 11th.. I just talked to him
                              3 ~ Tudor's
                              Henry Ford said
                              "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch View Post

Mike's B-day is the 11th.. I just talked to him
                                I read it yesterday, so it is not too late to wish him a Happy Birthday.
                                Twiss Collector Car Parts

Comment

Originally posted by tbirdtbird View Post

Now you have Mike at Classtique, who is doing a super job
                                  BETTER than outstanding. mike is now booked through December 2019 for orders and will be giving a seminar, hands on in Dearborn also!!

Comment

Looks like SMS Auto fabrics of Oregon has made an offer for all Le Barron Bonney assets.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike V. Florida View Post
                                      Looks like SMS Auto fabrics of Oregon has made an offer for all Le Barron Bonney assets.
                                      Lots of rumors are going around. I heard Car-douche has already purchased the assets.
                                      3 ~ Tudor's
                                      Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

The whole thing is a shame. In the old days if an antique Ford had a LeBarron -Bonney interior or top, it was always listed as such in the sale ad or other car info listing.

That's how highly thought of that company was.

Comment

I heard Car-douche...
                                          Typo? Autocorrect error? Or opinion?

-Tim

Comment

Originally posted by WTSHNN View Post

Typo? Autocorrect error? Or opinion?

-Tim
                                            An opinion based off of actual experience, the stuff is drek. If they do or did purchase any of LB's stock that would be a good thing.
                                            3 ~ Tudor's
                                            Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Originally posted by Mike V. Florida View Post
                                              Got my LB chapter notice in the mail today. Not sure what I need to do in anything as I assume since they sent the notice to me they know they have my money. Anyone ever deal with this before?
                                              Since you filed a proof of (creditor )claim form , or whatever is required in your state, there are a list of creditor claims which you also may have rec'd, whereby taxes and other liabilities may have priority over credit card claims, etc. See post 3 above and reply to all correspondence, keeping copies of everything. As we all know, one can assume that not everyone will follow up, especially if there are multiple creditors and liabilities.
                                              Last edited by plyfor; 11-18-2019, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Lots of rumors are going around. I heard Car-douche has already purchased the assets.
                                                No rumor, I received a letter from the court stating there is an 110,000 offer for all assets from them. One has until Dec 2nd to make an offer. That is for everything, lock, stock, and barrel.

11/15/2019

Notice of Intended Private Sale RE: [41] Motion filed by Trustee Joseph G. Butler Authorizing Sale of Personal Property to SMS Auto Fabrics (LeBaron Bonney, Hampton Coach & EZ Boy Product Lines and Additional Personal Property)Free and Clear of Liens under Section 363(f). Hearing Scheduled for 12/10/2019 at 10:00 AM at Boston Courtroom 2, 12th Floor, 5 Post Office Square, Boston, MA 02109. Objections/Higher Offers due by 12/2/2019 at 04:30 PM.
                                                Last edited by Mike V. Florida; 11-18-2019, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Not sure how to read this, does this mean that SMS Auto Fabrics is the buyer or SMS Auto Fabrics was some how a company of LB, Hampton Coach, etc. ?

SMS Auto Fabrics, looks to be a fabric supplier not necessarily an upholstery kit supplier.

https://smsautofabrics.com/pages/about-sms
                                                  Last edited by Jwmckenzie; 11-19-2019, 07:12 AM.
                                                  Jon.
                                                  "That sounds like a terrible idea.... What time?"

Comment