Pole Barn... just too way full

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pole Barn... just too way full

How do you clean and put away stuff when the pole barn is full?

I am having fun cleaning, but I have found I just have too much stuff. Like most, one day I am going to use it all, you never know when you are going to need it (at least that's what my grandfather said). My goal is to complete all of his projects before I retire (double meaning), but who's going to complete mine?

Any one else have a "Cracker Barrel" barn, where everything is hanging because there is nowhere else to place the "good" stuff?

Turn around. 'Cause you’re preaching to the choir here. . Jeff
    Twiss Collector Car Parts

Comment

The choir is the best part of the sermon!! You just need to stay awake for the rest of it.

Comment

My theory is that I cannot leave until I finish all of the projects that I have accumulated in all of those buildings.

Comment

It is better to have and not to need, than to need and not to have.....

Comment

The day after you deem an object unneeded or unusable and remove it from the corner is the day you will need it!!
            Champagne don't drive me crazy, cocaine don't make me lazy, ain't nobody's business but my own.

Candy is dandy, but liquor is quicker, you can drink all the liquor down in Costa Rica, ain't nobody's business but yer own.

Comment

Paul I say stick with the original plan and put up a second barn.
              3 ~ Tudor's
              Henry Ford said
              "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Originally posted by DaWizard View Post
                The day after you deem an object unneeded or unusable and remove it from the corner is the day you will need it!!
                Amen!!

Comment

And double Amen to what DaWizrd said!!

I had an almost perfect set of rear fenders for a '35-'36 Ford pickup 40 years ago. I gave them away to a friend that was restoring one of those trucks. Fast forward to now,,,, he still hasn't got the truck done, I need those fenders, I've tried to BUY them back from him after I gave them to him he won't budge on it. I offered him some pretty hefty coin too!

Comment

A few years ago my son wanted me to buy a house next to him, so I had a realtor come and tell me what my place was worth. He liked the house, but when we got to the barn, and opened the door, he said " you can't move, you have too much stuff!" So I am still here.
                    Bill
                    http://www.brauchauto.com/
                    Eastern Connecticut

Comment

Originally posted by 2manycars View Post
                      A few years ago my son wanted me to buy a house next to him, so I had a realtor come and tell me what my place was worth. He liked the house, but when we got to the barn, and opened the door, he said " you can't move, you have too much stuff!" So I am still here.
                      I think many of us have that same problem.
                      3 ~ Tudor's
                      Henry Ford said
                      "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Yes we did have the same problem but now----we moved to another city!

Comment

It's inevitable in the vintage car game that there will be quite a few hoarders with multiple projects awaiting their attention. One highly talented friend in this situation at 80, has moments of realism and not only accepts that it is literally impossible for him to finish more than one or two projects, and when he finally passes away, the chances are that his family will put most of the contents of his barn in a skip. In those moments he might sell or give away a project, but the hoarding instinct is still too strong and there's that paranoia of worrying that having disposed of something, he might need it next week!
                          Recent health issues have added a further dose of realism, but the hoarding instinct and the dreams of finished projects are still too strong.
                          Those of us without the space to construct a barn and who in fact have limited garaging, have to be very hard headed about what we keep and how many cars we can garage. The delight of owning a Model A, is that one really doesn't need to keep many spares, as practically any and everything is available on line or through club members.

Comment