Barn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barn

Appears the doors on the old barn are not getting opened as much as before --might be due to the new Farmer who build a nice new barn. Great job Mitch!

Any ideas on how to get more converts? Seems a few key players came in, made accounts here and have not returned. I know it will take time, but doing my part. Rod
    Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good.

Comment

• CarlG
      CarlG commented
      Editing a comment
      Like Vince for one.

Then there's Steve Plucker, talked to him this week, he didn't know what VFF was, even though he's on the membership list, and even has one post.

Keep spreading the word it will grow it has a lot already probably more than you would think.

Comment

Trying to get a couple of these guys, on this cruise, to build a roadster with me. I have told them and others about this site.
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.
      Model A's and of course the famous AA's

Comment

• Mitch
        Mitch commented
        Editing a comment
        HAHA well watch out that boat may sink FAST,, cause Mitch has no left over money from his 3rd wedding in 4.5 years.

Those folks do look like they will fit right in here tho LOL

Originally posted by pAAt View Post
      Trying to get a couple of these guys, on this cruise, to build a roadster with me. I have told them and others about this site.
      I don't see a license on that thing. The DNR will ticket you. Next they'll want you to get a license for an inner tube.

Comment

My thoughts are as follows

This forum was started to provide an ADDITIONAL place for the hobby to acquire information. We've had quality content from day ONE, thanks to our expert membership that we are so fortunate to have on board from the get go and their willingness to contribute and share proven knowledge & experiences. As that unsurpassed information grows more powerful and it IS, each and everyday the rest will take care of itself over time. The VFF has by FAR exceeded all my expectations since it's inception in April and has now IMO became a very huge asset for all. The camaraderie in this house has been great and this helps the new members coming in to feel right at home. We have picked up MAJOR steam recently i can see this on my site Analytics, but remember not everyone is a poster, some folks just like to lurk around and learn that way. If one wants to sign up and disappear that's their option (no sales pitches needed) but this site, its material and it's current active user base speaks VOLUMES for itself. There are many knowledgeable folks that cannot adapt to change which is understandable, but i have always and will continue to be here to assist in any way i can (just ask). Lately our internet search has improved GREATLY which sends us new lookers and i think they like what they see here.
        Remember you folks are what make the VFF great not me,, i'm just a messenger from the Model A Gods to get back what we once had but better. Everyone deserves a fair shake and not a half cocked decision from the woodwork.
        We're not even 6 months old yet and look what everyone here has accomplished..
        It's simply AMAZING
        I'm proud to be associated with each and every one of you!!!

Also thanks Mike mshmodela
        3 ~ Tudor's
        Henry Ford said
        "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Well said and this is where i hang out for answers and help and to help if I can.

Comment

Originally posted by BNCHIEF View Post
            Well said and this is where i hang out for answers and help and to help if I can.
            Thanks Chief
            3 ~ Tudor's
            Henry Ford said
            "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Yup, my second home. Thanks to all for taking the time to explain the workings of a Model A.

Comment

• DaWizard
                DaWizard commented
                Editing a comment
                Ed, anytime I can be of any help, I'm all yours.

Back at the RANCH, some Cowboys sleep in the BARN, to keep up with the pulse of the "SPREAD"----
              Bill Fortyfourmagnum

Comment

This is a whole different place. People are cordial. Interaction is fraternal. Misinformation does no one any good at all, and this site is loaded with highly accurate info that a newbie can really sink his teeth into. I myself have gotten several PMs from newbies that I have taken under my wing to this effect. Everyone here wants everyone else to succeed, has the experience to back up what they offer, and it shows. If owners are able to succeed with their cars they will be more involved with the hobby. There was a case of a guy so disgusted with his car he was ready to sell it. He stated it had not run properly in 7 years. When you looked, the info he was getting from the forum was way off base.
                At the VFF Mitch and the gang are here to make sure stuff like this does not happen
                Last edited by tbirdtbird; 08-28-2017, 01:35 PM.

Comment

• BILL WILLIAMSON
                  BILL WILLIAMSON commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Here, there are NO TROPHIES, for the BRIGHEST light bulb!
                  Dad Flickering
                  Last edited by BILL WILLIAMSON; 08-26-2017, 10:39 PM. Reason: Cain't spel right.

• BNCHIEF
                  BNCHIEF commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I am a LED Bill learning easy deficient.

This is the only one I look at twice a day.

Comment

I'm still here, sorry haven't been too active. Been busy buying my first car!
                  You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                  This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• DaWizard
                    DaWizard commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Is that a spot light I see on the driver's side door? Great looking roadster, MORE pictures!!

• dmdeaton
                    dmdeaton commented
                    Editing a comment
                    yes, dual spots. We are thinking they may have to go, tone it down a bit. But we will wait till it gets home and dig into it more.

• Jeff/Illinois
                    Jeff/Illinois commented
                    Editing a comment
                    NICE Roadster looks great!! Congratulations!

Lookin' sharp!

Comment

BNChief,
                    I LOVE PLAYING WITH/TWISTING/MIS-SPELIN' words, also. A little "humor" helps folks remember GOOD, SOLID, PROVEN Advice.--If folks tire of me, I'M SORRY!
                    Chief always said, " I'm SORRY, TOO, BUT I've lurned to LIVE with it"!!---He also said a lots of things, that I can't REPEAT here--LOL
                    Bill W .
                    Last edited by BILL WILLIAMSON; 08-27-2017, 08:15 PM. Reason: FOOLISHNESS!

Comment

Nice Roadster!

Comment

• dmdeaton
                        dmdeaton commented
                        Editing a comment
                        thanks, going to start it up Tuesday eve. Hasn't run since last October. Then we will trailer it home. Never drove an A yet and not going to cut my teeth in Cincinnati traffic. First on the list is new battery, this one sat all winter. Although sitting in a attached garage all winter it may be fine. Doubt it though.

Congratulations very nice car ! good luck.
                      mike
                      Michael
                      1928 speedster
                      1929 closed cab p/u
                      1930 standard roadster
                      1931 deluxe tudor sedan
                      1967 ss/rs conv.camaro

Comment

This IS a great site we can all be thankful that Mitch started it. Getting stronger every day just like the song from the group Chicago. Another Model A site we often look at is also good, but some have been coming across with bad information and sometimes even down right dangerous.

I recall years ago (early-mid 70's) as an example, somebody in The Restorer came up with the big idea of drilling and tapping your dist. body for a zerk to pump hard grease in for the upper shaft upper bushing. There were a lot of distributors pumped full of grease and it caused a ton of problems. Even at that time I thought 'This can't be good' and it wasn't. The real solution was to drill the upper shaft and cam locking screw for a drop of light weight oil to get to that upper bushing.

Speaking with Tom Wesenberg at the Ken Erenhofer swap meet the other day, he told me of an incident that happened to one of the better contributors on ********. Seems someone posted some 'fake news' information, and this fellow called him on it. The poster complained to Ryan, and the Senior contributor who owns and has restored award winning A's was banned for a period of time and warned about 'hurting the guy's feelings' basically. Geez I never knew that. Names don't need to be revealed here let's stay away from that stuff, but my point being HERE is a GOOD Model A- Model T-Early V-8 site that we can all learn a LOT from. And hopefully some of those top name Model A gurus out there will be back like the old days of the ***** ****. We all lost a lot when they left.

Thanks again to Mitch for the VFF, we're all gonna enjoy the ride!!

Comment

• tbirdtbird
                          tbirdtbird commented
                          Editing a comment
                          what you describe happened often
                          content had no priority
                          Last edited by tbirdtbird; 08-28-2017, 07:22 PM.

AMEN!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch View Post
                          My thoughts are as follows

This forum was started to provide an ADDITIONAL place for the hobby to acquire information. We've had quality content from day ONE, thanks to our expert membership that we are so fortunate to have on board from the get go and their willingness to contribute and share proven knowledge & experiences. As that unsurpassed information grows more powerful and it IS, each and everyday the rest will take care of itself over time. The VFF has by FAR exceeded all my expectations since it's inception in April and has now IMO became a very huge asset for all. The camaraderie in this house has been great and this helps the new members coming in to feel right at home. We have picked up MAJOR steam recently i can see this on my site Analytics, but remember not everyone is a poster, some folks just like to lurk around and learn that way. If one wants to sign up and disappear that's their option (no sales pitches needed) but this site, its material and it's current active user base speaks VOLUMES for itself. There are many knowledgeable folks that cannot adapt to change which is understandable, but i have always and will continue to be here to assist in any way i can (just ask). Lately our internet search has improved GREATLY which sends us new lookers and i think they like what they see here.
                          Remember you folks are what make the VFF great not me,, i'm just a messenger from the Model A Gods to get back what we once had but better. Everyone deserves a fair shake and not a half cocked decision from the woodwork.
                          We're not even 6 months old yet and look what everyone here has accomplished..
                          It's simply AMAZING
                          I'm proud to be associated with each and every one of you!!!

Also thanks Mike mshmodela
                          Nice, thanks Mitch for starting this group. Already feels like family. I do more reading that posting, the knowledge is unbelievable.
                          Thank you everyone for taking the time to share your knowledge and experiences.

Comment

Duz "EVERYBODY" read my Barn Posts??? I've been posting there for NIGH on to 11 YEARS, it's sorta' like my SECOND HOME. It's HARD to re-train OLD DOGS!
                            Bill PARANOID
                            Last edited by BILL WILLIAMSON; 08-29-2017, 12:36 PM.

Comment

• Beauford
                              Beauford commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I've read a lot of your posts on the Barn that have helped me along and made me laugh.

Beau Amused

• BNCHIEF
                              BNCHIEF commented
                              Editing a comment
                              It's a free country post where you like and while i do look at the barn I do not post there anymore if the owner of that site cannot answer a request or an e-mail sent to him concerning something he asked about and then wants to lecture others on courtesy well that does not work for me, that said however there are still many guys who frequent that site and should if they wish i am not going to tell others what they should do.

• CarlG
                              CarlG commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Bill, Buster T, Ghost, etc. . .
                              I have read all your postings both here and there. I consider my day incomplete unless I read something you have written. It was a real dry spell when you were sequestered, and especially when you were in the hospital after your scooter got run over with you in it.

Keep up the good work. You make my day.

I don't support that site

Comment

So you guys are saying I started in the right place?:

Comment

• A-doctor
                                A-doctor commented
                                Editing a comment
                                If your new to the scene and have no idea of the past YES.

• dmdeaton
                                dmdeaton commented
                                Editing a comment
                                that is me!

Here you do not have to bow down to the administrator god because you might offend him. Mitch may be broke but he can still afford to laugh and joke with us and that is why I like it here, not to mention all the folks here sharing their know-how.

Comment

One thing to remember good old fashion debate with supporting evidence or proven experience is not an arguement. Have your facts in order and refrain from name calling and we will all learn. Rod
                                Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good.

Comment

• BNCHIEF
                                  BNCHIEF commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  amen Rowdy