Gas stream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas stream

I just installed all my gas fittings and bowl seems real slow...kinda a fast drip filling up. should it be doing this or filling up quickly? I have one of those filter screens on the on/off valve. I did evapo rust and rinsed the inside clean yet a magnet did find a good amount of rust deposit.

The bowl maybe air locked
    loosen the hold down to get the air out, watch the paint...
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Damn that paint!!! I took off the inside line and it dribble from on/off valve. letting more Evap eat and will check in morning.

Comment

Beauford, also, place the gas cap on loose. It could just be a non-vented radiator cap, they look the same from the outside.
        You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

• Beauford
          Beauford commented
          Editing a comment
          First thing I thought of but it is the gas cap....I blew compressed air into valve and hear bubbling in tank but I just don't get a stream at the valve...valve is new with new filter.

I'd run gas through a cloth into a bucket several times from the tank outlet until no more junk collects on the cloth, then install the screen and valve.

Comment

I found the problem....When I had to re-tap the valve hole I had test fitted the valve. It fit and went into a box before painting. Guess where all the brass shavings went...in the valve. I was blowing on one side of the valve and it was very little air. I blew through other side and out popped a bunch of shavings....operator error once again!!

Comment

• DaWizard
            DaWizard commented
            Editing a comment
            D'oh !! I do hope you cleaned out the rest of the system as those shaving WILL find their way into everything!!

• BNCHIEF
            BNCHIEF commented
            Editing a comment
            That is how we all learn, most important thing is how much fun you are having solving problems.

I have a screen...and the tank has been flushed for the fourth time..

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• DaWizard
            Will the problems never stop?
            by DaWizard
            Well, now that I have a great spark I find something else to take away from my driving pleasure.

About an hour or so ago, while driving on the busiest 4 lane highway we have, the engine decides to just rough idle at a signal and die! (it just had to be this road and me in the fast lane parked!)

Well, after trying fruitlessly to get Wheezer running again, parked in the #1
            12-22-2018, 07:09 PM
          • Big guy
            Could it be vapor lock?
            by Big guy
            Sadly today was this first time Roscoe was out. Took me to the carwash to remove the dust. Started with barely tapping the starter and purred like a kitten.This was the first time with new in tank filter, new gas shut off valve, Wix filter, new bowl to carb gas line and new Renner jets. So ran wonderful on the ride to and from the car wash until I got stuck by a train. I shut him down until the train...
            06-02-2020, 06:05 PM
          • Bill in NJ
            gas tank fuel filter
            by Bill in NJ
            I have never changed one in 50 years and was thinking about replacing one my coupe. If you have any tips I would like to here them .thanks in advance....
            12-28-2018, 08:07 PM
          • Art Ebeling
            gas valve rebuild
            by Art Ebeling
            It's a rainy day so I was going thru a box of parts for my 31 Victoria and found the original gas shut off valve. The valve is stuck in the open position and I can't budge by by hand. I can loosen the handle and the bigger nut under the handle. How are these rebuilt. ?...
            10-22-2017, 02:51 PM
          • slammin
            Hard starts
            by slammin
            My tudor is parked in my heated shop, never below 42 degrees. I only start the 29 once every few weeks, take it out and put 3 or 4 miles on her. The last few times shes been tough to start and doesn't want keep running until I make a few attempts. It smells like it is running rich, but tends to backfire a few times before the idle smooths out. Once out on the road, I get a lot of vibration from the...
            01-27-2018, 09:31 AM
          • Soapy
            Fuel Problem - Any Thoughts?
            by Soapy
            When I got my coupe back after it had been sitting for most of 9 years, one of the first things I did was flush the gas tank and when that was done, I bought a rebuilt Zenith 1 from Bert's. The car ran beautifully, but I haven't driven in much since getting it going. Several weeks ago, I was going to go to a local cruise and it quit after just a short ride. It felt like fuel and I concluded the the...
            07-08-2019, 08:57 PM
          • Leo
            What Success Has or Did Redi-Strip Have with Gas Tanks?
            by Leo
            I know this is kind of an odd way to start a post. Back about 30 years ago when I began the restoration of my 1930 coupe there was a Redi-Strip near Allentown PA. I had them do several of my parts including the gas tank. The gas tank was installed in the car without any further work done to it except a good slosh with gasoline. Moving forward to now, I'm running with a pencil type filter on the...
            03-19-2018, 07:44 AM
          • DaWizard
            Talk about crap gas!!
            by DaWizard
            I just noticed something to day that has me a bit troubled.

Awhile ago I replaced my original gas cap with what I think was a repo that I found fit better than the original. Now since I don't trust the venting on the repo parts, I drilled a small hole in the top of the cap to insure it vented well.

Well, today I went to wipe off the sweat that had gathered around the hole
            01-24-2018, 05:39 PM
          • Ray Sullivent
            Gas Line
            by Ray Sullivent
            I was installing a new gas line on my late 31 Model A and cannot make the connection on Fuel Shutoff valve. Could the threads not match between the valve & brass nut that came on the gas line?
            Any ideas for a solution?
            02-01-2020, 08:13 PM
          • KB9JLO
            Where do you put it?
            by KB9JLO
            I will be picking up my A next week and most likely it will be going into our garage. That probably won't be the long term location... Working out what to do in the back yard.
            Which gets to my question. What do you guys do? My concern is storing the car - with gas in it. House is a bilevel with a gas hot water heater in there, as well as the furnace.
            I desperately want to see the engine...
            09-14-2018, 09:33 AM
          Working...
          X