Hard to Push Starter Switch was an Easy Fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard to Push Starter Switch was an Easy Fix

I know a lot of Model A's now use the starter mounted fuse, and this past Saturday I fixed a starter switch that you almost had to use both feet to get it to make contact. The fuse holder bracket was mounted UNDER the lip on the starter switch, so I moved it to the top side. Now it pushes very easy, as it should. Mounting the fuse under the lip will also make the switch set slanted to the copper button, and I could see where it only touched on the outside edge of the button.

So, if anyone has mounted the fuse under the switch, you should move it to the top of the switch lip.

I am just wondering what lack of common sense led the owner of that to install it under the switch? Also, why wouldn't the need for extra pressure send a signal to that same owner that maybe the last modification suddenly was the cause of this added pressure?

There are times like these where all you can do is sigh and shake your head.
    You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

• Mitch
      Mitch commented
      Editing a comment
      He should have shimmed the opposite side up to make it even.. problem solved. Lol
widgetinstance 451 (<center>Related Topics</center>) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X