No announcement yet.

Early Ford grease tool?

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Early Ford grease tool?

    New member here, and am hoping to learn what this tool is here. Acquired in a boxful of items at a recent auction. First pic is a tag attached to the tool...second pic the tool itself. No markings anywhere, but it's a greasing tool of sorts. KIMG0842.JPGKIMG0839.JPG

  • #2
    Welcome to the VFF!
    Wow! Super cool tool.
    I'm scratching my head on this one...first glance, I thought it was for leaf springs, but I don't think so now after closer examination.
    I'll sit back and watch this one and learn with you. . Jeff
    Twiss Collector Car Parts


    • #3


      • #4
        Hey notme, WELCOME to the VFF!!

        Kewl tool, I never seen one like that before.
        You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!


        • #5
          Originally posted by notme View Post
          Looking at Google images of a spring shackle leads me to agree it's for hooking onto and greasing said piece. Looking at this pic you'll see the hook that would hold the tool into place for greasing. KIMG0843.JPG


          • JDupuis
            JDupuis commented
            Editing a comment
            . Ok! I can picture that.
            That hook reaches the back of the shackle and the 2 bolt heads cover the old style grease fittings. Can be individually tightened up and grease forced in by the modern fitting.

          • Bobm90
            Bobm90 commented
            Editing a comment
            Seems like a little overkill, If you had to force grease in with this tool wouldn't you be forcing dirt and gunk into the shackle, wouldn't it be time to remove and clean or replace the fittings. Henry gave us a cute little grease gun to use for this.

        • #6
          Welcome to the VFF, I have to go along with Jeff, I thought it might be some kind of puller but now not sure, gonna wait and find out from the experts , whatever it is I am sure some guy on here owns 1 or 2 of them.
          “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” (Will Rogers).


          • #7
            Welcome notme to the VFF!!
            It looks like some sort of a greasing tool.
            3~ Tudor's & 1~ Coupe
            Henry Ford said,
            "It's all nuts and bolts"
            "Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible."

            Mitch's Auto Service ctr


            • #8
              Well if it is a spring greaser, then I can't see how it would work. If the spring is in the car then it is hooked up and can't be bent to grease the leaf above it. If it is out of the car then just take it apart and grease it. Unless I am missing something.



              • JDupuis
                JDupuis commented
                Editing a comment
                Mike, I'm thinking shackles
                Last edited by JDupuis; 02-13-2019, 03:12 PM.

              • 1930artdeco
                1930artdeco commented
                Editing a comment
                OK. Sorry, now I understand.

            • #9
              It’s definitely a contraption of sorts
              1928 Tudor

              Variety is the spice of life

              Wise man once told me you don’t know what you don’t know


              Related Topics