Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modern front seal on crank.

Which way is this seal orientated ? This is from Bert's

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

The spring or the open lip always goes towards the pressure or oil etc
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

• Jim Baskin III
      Jim Baskin III commented
      Editing a comment
      I thought that was the correct way,Thanks Mitch for the confirmation,your always on top of things.Love this site.

• Mitch
      Mitch commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Jim for being a part of it

Related Topics

Collapse

• JtownJoe
    front seal direction?
    by JtownJoe
    Hi, I have the new modern seal and there is an inner ring that appears to be directional, does the beveled side inner seal fin point toward the radiator or toward the crank case?
    10-24-2017, 06:18 PM
  • plyfor
    Another front crank shaft seal
    by plyfor
    Found this photo on the net of a modern type seal. Just found out it is a modern seal with an alum. outer jacket sold by Specialty Motor Cam ( replacement shocks, etc.)....
    11-18-2017, 02:00 PM
  • OTTAWAED
    One piece (Modern) Crank Front Seal
    by OTTAWAED
    I am having constant problems with leaking front seals. Are the currently-available non-asbestos half-seals undersized? Am considering using the "modern" seal. I assume that I do NOT have to remove the oil pan, although of course the timing cover and pulley have to come out. Am I correct? Ed
    10-15-2020, 10:35 AM
  • Steve Plucker
    The Front Crankshaft packing...
    by Steve Plucker
    Which is better...The Front Crankshaft "teflon coated rubber rope" packing...OR this new Front Crankshaft "one piece nitrile seal"?

I have always used the rope in the past.

Thanks.

Pluck
    08-12-2021, 11:35 AM
  • charliebobsbar@gmail.com
    Crank shaft front seal
    by [email protected]
    I have oil pan off of my 1931 Ford model a wanting to replace front crank shaft seal with the new rubber one do I have to take old one off or what do I do thanks...
    01-27-2021, 01:09 PM
  • dmdeaton
    Modern Front Crankshaft Seal
    by dmdeaton
    From Stipes, anyone use these? Do they hold up?
    03-26-2018, 07:57 PM
  • GARY FRANK
    1948-51 F1 226 cyl. front main leak.
    by GARY FRANK
    Is there anything I can add to the crankcase to make the "rope" seal swell? I went by the book and used a complete engine gasket seal kit and there is oil slinging off of the front of the exposed crank between the damper and the timing case. I only have 400 miles over 3 years on it.
    11-14-2018, 12:10 PM
  • john in illinois
    Rope seal advice
    by john in illinois
    How close should I trim a front rope seal? I usually use one piece seals.

John
    01-16-2018, 04:18 PM
  • 1930 Closed Cab PU
    Rebuilt motor, rope seal leakage
    by 1930 Closed Cab PU
    Got call a from the Model A shop. They informed me progress of my A, rebuilt motor and lots of other things are basically done. So now once weather gets warmer, I will be going there to drive it around for a couple of hours as shake down so they can correct any concerns I may have before taking it home. They informed me that a rope seal had a little seepage, but since it has been so cold they have...
    03-03-2019, 08:04 AM
  • plyfor
    Front pulley seal, new motor
    by plyfor
    We used the new teflon type rope seals on a new motor with about 100 miles on it. Nice drip which runs down the oil pan front and no leaks elsewhere. It was put in according to all posted info. and greased very slightly. The leak is blackish oil. Is this normal with this type of seal. We ran out of the old style rope and the 2 piece pulley looks ok. Any suggestions ?...
    10-23-2017, 10:23 AM
Working...
X