Buying a 28-29 CCPU window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying a 28-29 CCPU window

Took a couple of my front windows apart and found they were worse than I thought. I think I 'll just buy a new one complete, so my question is which one ? Aluminum, steel, or? Where would be the best place to shop ? Thanks, Pat
    Model A's and of course the famous AA's

PAtt!! Your back! I was wondering where you were??? I thought maybe shopping for garage socks! LOL

Comment

• pAAt
      pAAt commented
      Editing a comment
      I've been keeping a good eye on you !!!  You're rolling along pretty well on your roadster and I'm glad your kids are as excited as you are ! Someday I'll own garage socks as nice as yours Beauford, but all my cash is going to my AA these days. That's what happiness is all about, getting packages from Fedex.  

• Beauford
      Beauford commented
      Editing a comment
      yeah man...mine have finally slowed down. I think I have bought everything Bratton's has to offer. LOL I'm gonna find you a good pair of garage socks! Christmas is almost here....

I would look for some good originals. Have heard bad things about repop window risers. Maybe there is more than one manufacturer of these. I would call Steve at Berts before taking a chance on repops. I have always saved original window risers regaurdless of condition. How do the 28-29 truck/pickup risers differ from those of a 28-29 coupe/tudor? I have never had one of each side by side to compare. Rod
    Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good.

Comment

• pAAt
      pAAt commented
      Editing a comment
      Rowdy, not sure on any differences either. I'll call Steve at Berts tomorrow and find out for sure. Thanks, Pat

I bought repop window regulators for my '29 CCPU and they were less than good. Cleaned up the originals and reinstalled them.

Comment

• pAAt
      pAAt commented
      Editing a comment
      Dennis, that is a nasty looking Avatar you have mounted there !! 4x4 29 A ? I guess stay away from repo's, but originals are getting tougher to find. Tom W's in Illinois at a swap meet and keeping his eyes open for one. Thanks, Pat

I found aluminum and steel hard to see thru, so I put in glass windows.

Comment

• pAAt
      pAAt commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Ray I see wording does matter. I try to take great care when I write, but I always seem to screw something up. I'm always fixing stuff I've wrecked or messed up, but it keeps me on my toes ! Good evening too you sir, Pat

Just funnin' you a little, Pat.

Comment

• pAAt
      pAAt commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you get your motor in yet ? I spread my frame a tad with a jack. I had to pull the engine again and grind off a bit off the top of the motor mounts to get the large bolts to line up. Released the tension and then could tap motor mount to correct location. It's sitting pretty now, but I'm getting a little poorer and slower on the next phase of the operation.

In the late 70's I got to hitch hike along your coastal areas, but mostly walked the whole thing due to its beauty ! Hoping your day in Oregon is pleasant and fruitful. Minnesota Pat