A Doghouse to Store Model A Engines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Doghouse to Store Model A Engines

I just finished this today. My garage is small and full, and I needed someplace to store my Delco Light Plant and a Model A engine. If I remove the Delco, I think it has enough room for 3 Model A engines. Storing parts under those cheap plastic sheets just doesn't cut it. This is so tight it's even mouse proof, but I may put some mothballs in to keep insects out.

I don't think any community has rules against having dog houses, even though it has no door. I got about half the materials free out of a dumpster from a local house remodel, but the things I needed to buy still cost me about $100. The paint, half the wood, and the colored vinyl siding, and 3 hinges were free. I used 3 hinges so I can tip the roof and sides out of the way to work on the engines.

I included a before picture of the Delco I bought off ebay. I used diesel fuel and a soft paint brush to clean it up. It came out good enough to leave it as a survivor, although I may have to repaint the gas tank and the intake tube after I straighten the dent.

I built it on some plastic milk crates, but a nice flat cement pad sure would have been better. Notice the last picture of my tar paper roll. I had it stored on the concrete apron in front of the garage, and getting wet ruined one end of the roll. Tar paper isn't as water proof as I thought.

Since the treated 4 by 4's are bolted to the floor, I set the house on 3 treated landscaping logs to make it easy to replace if they rot, and to give it more air space underneath, and to better keep it out of the snow.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 6 photos.

Clever!

Comment

tom nice job on the dog house
      that's very inventive

maybe it can double as an inlaw suite:D
      3~ Tudor's & 1~ Coupe
      Henry Ford said,
      "It's all nuts and bolts"
      "Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible."

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Like they say, woman who put man in doghouse, find him in cathouse...:

Comment

widgetinstance 451 (<center>Related Topics</center>) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X