Model A prices are up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model A prices are up?

I look at cars for sale on Craigs List every week, and it seems to me that local prices for Model A's have gone up about 20% over the last year, across the board, for all conditions. Are you seeing anything similar in your region? Disclaimer: I have never bought a Model A, in over 55 years in the hobby, with the intent that I would make money on it. That has sometimes happened by accident, but I'm in it completely for fun. More often I have lost money, but still enjoyed the car.
    I don't think that you can expect to even break even on a car anymore.

Seem to be down looking at SOLD items on ebay. Asking prices is all over the place. Rod
    Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good.

Comment

Seems people are asked more but unsure if they are actually getting more. Supply and Demand.. The big question is what is the number of cars over time getting on the market? I suspect that has grown due to those in the hobby selling or have passed on.

Comment

Ray i guess it all depends on who you ask
        I think they have been pretty steady in price
        3 ~ Tudor's
        Henry Ford said
        "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

My dad always said start high you can always go down.

Comment

You can ask anything you want but what you sell it for can be two different things

Comment

Take an average Model A put a 350 V8 in it and chrome wheels. Advertise ' only needs paint and upholstery repair' and list it for $80,000. Sure seller.

Comment

ASKING prices on the Interweb don't mean SQUAT!!---LOL
                Bill W.

Comment

I am looking for my first, hopefully prices drop!!

Comment

• DaWizard
                    DaWizard commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Where you at? One of the club members has a '30 Coupe Rumble Seat for sale.

It is not advertised on the interweb.

How about a restored '29 Coupe, almost ready to drive, plus 2 HUGE tool cabinets full of tools, all my heavy equipment & spares. $22,000.00 CASH, for the WHOLE KABOODLE! (pic in my Avatar)
                  Bill W.

Comment

• Captndan
                    Captndan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    What happened to 'Bill Normal'?

I'll be "NORMAL" as soon as my ANTI-PAIN-PILLS & my COFFEE kick in!
                  I HATE mornings & have to be TOTALLY re-trained.
                  Bill Groggy

Comment

• Ted Duke
                    Ted Duke commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hope the coffee helps! Your comments ALWAYS make my day brighter. Scratch the dog behind the ears for me.

Related Topics

Collapse

• Russ Cochiolo
                  Re-engined value opinions?
                  by Russ Cochiolo
                  About 40% of the A's in the Sierra Chapter, Fresno/Clovis CA, of M.A.F.C.A. have had engines replaced with Pintos (and others) to get AC and higher cruising speeds with better fuel mileage. Most of them, if'n you look past the 16's with radials and hydraulic brakes, look "original". Yesterday I looked at a 1930 Blindback that fits this description. Without the modifications it would be...
                  05-26-2018, 09:16 AM
                • DBaldwin
                  Model A appraisal
                  by DBaldwin
                  How many of you have had a professional appraisal done on your model A for insurance purposes? Or do you just come to an agreed price with your insurance company? For my last car I had it appraised however now I’m finding it difficult to get an appraisal as the gentleman has apparently retired and there isn’t anyone locally anymore. The next question is what is a good price now days for an appraisal?...
                  01-05-2020, 08:48 PM
                • Ray Horton
                  A consideration on restoration
                  by Ray Horton
                  "If the driveline on the A is properly restored to factory specs (keep in mind I'm not talking Judging Standards but Ford original specs for fit) it is a VERY reliable car."

This was a comment from a knowledgeable professional restorer, Kevin in NJ, and though I have heard similar comments before, this one caught my attention for the distinction drawn between Judging Standards...
                  12-27-2017, 08:39 PM
                • Afordman31
                  Barn Find Article!
                  by Afordman31
                  He sure had the love for cars!

https://www.hagerty.com/articles-vid...28_HagertyNews
                  12-07-2018, 08:34 AM
                • Keith True
                  Model A song
                  by Keith True
                  I was just boxing up somewhere around a thousand 78 RPM records to sell,and saw some Edison records in a pile.They are about 1/4 thick,so they are easy to spot.Between them was a copy of,Henry's Made a Lady out of Lizzie.I've never heard it,but I've heard of it.Is it worth having cleaned up and copied onto CD,or is it just something that's already been done that I can buy cheap anyway?I did just have...
                  01-07-2019, 11:32 AM
                • Ray Horton
                  Reconsidering the value of my Model A
                  by Ray Horton
                  Maybe I was mistaken to think Model A values were dropping. Take a gander at this chassis for sale on the MAFCA site:
                  http://www.mafca.com/cl/cl-v-sale.html
                  11-27-2017, 08:58 PM
                • BudP
                  EBay Cautions
                  by BudP
                  Many times I have purchased Model A items on EBay. Generally, I only purchase if I need the item, the price is reasonable, and the description (pictures and narrative) gives me some assurance of the quality. Last night I was a seller, listing Model A side curtains (appeared to have never been used) from my stash and new side curtain rods (original style, unopened packaging) for $475 including shipping....
                  12-05-2018, 03:15 PM
                • Jordan
                  How much is it worth? Original 1928 Tudor
                  by Jordan
                  I have considered getting another Model A to tinker with for a little while now- but a school teacher I can only afford so much. I have ALWAYS wanted an "original" car to make into a "grapes of wrath" type vehicle to just have fun with. I almost got one last year- but someone else got to it literally 30 seconds before I did.

I found this 28 Tudor and the owner is asking...
                  02-07-2019, 09:42 AM
                • BILL WILLIAMSON
                  AMAZED!
                  by BILL WILLIAMSON
                  In dealing with your overall Model A experience, what one particular thing has AMAZED you MOST?
                  Bill W.
                  07-21-2017, 02:32 PM
                • KB9JLO
                  Question on "extra" parts...
                  by KB9JLO
                  As some of you know - I'm a newbie. I have a 1930 Town Sedan - Murray body. Not planning to restore, just want to make a decent driver - not a rat rod, not a street rod - just a Model A driver... Nothing is definite - everything is dependent on money, of course. I'm 60 and will be doing most if not all the work myself. I know I've been over this before. I'm getting to the punch line really! ...
                  11-20-2018, 11:26 PM
                Working...
                X