NEED HELP PLEASE with Wind Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEED HELP PLEASE with Wind Wings

Seems my request is being ignored over on the other side of the tracks.. I am installing wind wings on my 29 Murray Town Sedan.. I am having the glass cut but a local glass man here and I need dimensions.. Can ANYONE assist me with a schematic or anything with measurement....Thank you all in advance!!!....Mark

Does this help you

IMG_7246.JPG
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch View Post
      Does this help you
      NO sorry that is for 28-29 roadster and the Town Sedan closed car is much different...thank you though

Comment

Hey Mark, I was just perusing through the JS and came upon I believe what you are trying to install. Check 16-3 Rev 2011

The "Draft Deflectors" look like what you need, but alas, I don't find any dimensions for the glass. It does give you the part numbers so you might be able to get something from that.
        Last edited by DaWizard; 08-11-2017, 02:10 PM. Reason: twinky fingers
        You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

Originally posted by DaWizard View Post
          Hey Mark, I was just perusing through the JS and came upon I believe what you are trying to install. Check 16-3 Rev 2011

The "Draft Deflectors" look like what you need, but alas, I don't find any dimensions for the glass. It does give you the part numbers so you might be able to get something from that.
          [email protected]@@

Comment

• Mitch
            Mitch commented
            Editing a comment
            The VFF comes through again

Originally posted by Mitch View Post
          The VFF comes through again
          hahahah NOT quite yet....

Comment

I do not have the dimensions for you, but beleive Bob Johnson has those dimensions. Best I can do, now who has cantact info for Bob? Rod
            Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good.

Comment

Are the mounting brackets like what the vendors sell,(screwed to the doors) ? Some orig.accessory brackets clamp to the window sill and head with no screws.

Comment

Originally posted by plyfor View Post
                Are the mounting brackets like what the vendors sell,(screwed to the doors) ? Some orig.accessory brackets clamp to the window sill and head with no screws.
                YES the brackets are the same and so far i know they are 16-1/4 in height, same as the Coupe.....

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• ronnaab
                  Glass Etching
                  by ronnaab
                  31 Victoria Mfg. January 31: All 5 windows plus windshield have safety glass installed. For fine point judging do I need the Trademark on all 6 windows or just the windshield
                  03-14-2018, 12:26 PM
                • richsfords
                  correct windshield s/w
                  by richsfords
                  The pervious owner put a new glass windshield in his car and wanting to save bucks, install a regular 7/32 plate glass.
                  I removed the w/s frame to get it powder coated, Could not see a offset double image in the glass. SUPRISE
                  What is the correct thickness for tempered laminated glass as per Henry's specs. Also to fit with new glazing.

I had no idea that it was not the correct...
                  08-31-2018, 04:11 PM
                • wrndln
                  Installing glass in windshield
                  by wrndln
                  I bought some setting material from Mitch several months ago. I will be installing the glass in the frame for my 29 phaeton soon. I am wondering if I should use any liquid, like something slick, to help the setting material/glass go into the frame. Maybe the glass/setting material will go into the frame OK with nothing, but I am not sure. I have never installed windshield glass in an open car...
                  08-05-2018, 05:23 PM
                • old31
                  Need a 31 Deluxe Roadster windshield.
                  by old31
                  Who make the best 31 Deluxe Roadster windshields?

Would you go to the typical suppliers or go to a local glass shop?
                  08-27-2018, 08:16 PM
                • Terry, NJ
                  HELP! I need somebody!
                  by Terry, NJ
                  Much as it pains me to write this, I need help! For some time now, I've been hoping for a space ship from the planet "Bodywork" would land in my backyard and a couple of aliens would emerge and in a matter of an hour or two, fix all my tin. OK, just the stuff I'm not having any luck doing myself. Like the gutters and doors on my Town Sedan ! No such luck! So there it sits , where it has...
                  05-02-2018, 12:44 PM
                • Apple Green Wheels Rule
                  Liquid Glass???
                  by Apple Green Wheels Rule
                  Anyone ever have to revert to using Liquid Glass to seal up a small crack in an engine block? If so, what results did you have?

Maybe this should have gone into the Technical Forum, I feel so "techy" today!!!!!
                  10-05-2017, 10:34 AM
                • Farmputzer
                  Installing door windows
                  by Farmputzer
                  What is the procedure for installing new door window glass in a 30 Murray town sedan?...
                  04-30-2018, 06:55 PM
                • Mitch
                  Glass bug etching
                  by Mitch
                  Well i see that the JS revision 2016 shows the correct location. When i installed my bug's this info was not available so i put it how it looked good
                  11-24-2017, 08:17 PM
                • George Miller
                  1930 Town sedan before and after
                  by George Miller
                  06-03-2018, 09:14 AM
                • Mitch
                  Window glass setting bonder epoxy, Not window tape
                  by Mitch
                  This is what i use to set the glass into the window channels. It's made by 3M and is a two part epoxy type mix which uses this special gun and a mixing nozzle.. I guess one could get some out and mix it by hand if needed without the applicator gun, but you may have to break it open. If the glass ever needs to be removed just heat the channel with a hair dryer or a heat gun. I don't like using the...
                  09-11-2017, 08:53 AM
                Working...
                X