See less

Car Names

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adrienne named by & for my wife's Aunt Adrienne in Illinois. There's a pin-up girl sticker in the back window.

Comment

So far I have refrained from naming my pickup.
      Alaskan A's
      Antique Auto Mushers of Alaska
      Model A Ford Club of America
      Model A Restorers Club
      Antique Automobile Club of America
      Mullins Owners Club

Comment

I named my 31 Sport Coupe Maggie after the previous owners wife Margaret (shortened it to Maggie). They are both deceased and it made their son who sold me the car very happy.
        My 31 Tudor is Thelma Lou named after Thelma and Louise because my wife and I are always up for an adventure although not like the ending of the movie.

TOB

Comment

Henry. For those who believe cars require female names I modify it to Henryeta.

Comment

• CarlG
            CarlG commented
            Editing a comment
            I always heard that pickups required "male" names

Of course there the exceptions in our club: Andrew = Coupe; Arthur = 4dr Sedan

We made the deal to buy our 29 Tudor on Sept. 22, the autumnal equinox, so here name is Autumn.

Comment

We named ours Priscilla, after Priscilla Mullens / Alden, a young girl on the Mayflower, who married a cooper; John Alden. I am a descendent of John and Priscilla, and our Model A is a proper lady.

Comment

I heard on the radio this morning (10-2-2017) that today is "name your car" day.
              Alaskan A's
              Antique Auto Mushers of Alaska
              Model A Ford Club of America
              Model A Restorers Club
              Antique Automobile Club of America
              Mullins Owners Club

Comment

just came up with a Christened Name for my Model A, It has to be no other than VINNEY after the famous VINTIQUE company that just about put me in a institution during this past winter.

Comment

Her name is Bella ( spanish for beautiful ) PIA= pain in arse. So we have Bella Pia.

Comment

Generally I dont name my stuff. But for the first several months that I was driving my 1930 CCPU, "Squeaky" seemed terribly appropriate. These days, I only call it by the name Squeaky as it reveals its' predictable 'Squeak-Of-Week'.

Of course, the name Squeaky always reminds me of Lynette "Squeaky" Fromme, the famous attempted murderer. Yeah, maybe its a good name.

Comment

When I had her, I named my 30 CCPU "Pea Cup." Brace Bailey has her now..

Comment

My 30 Tudor is Mabel for no apparent reason. The name just evolved. My 30 roadster hot rod is Blackie. Wife came up with that and it stuck after we started driving it. For the 4 1/2 years I spent building it ,it was always just The Roadster.

John
                      Last edited by john in illinois; 04-16-2018, 12:12 PM.

Comment

My wife and I named our 30Town sedan Henry. She always named her cars with boy names, so we named him Henry.

Comment

Working...
                        X