• Time
    • Show
    Clear All

Henrietta

Comment

• pAAt
        pAAt commented
        Editing a comment
        Any story behind that name ? First love, maybe or a new girl friend ? Pat's curious ;)

• Dennis
        Dennis commented
        Editing a comment
        I knew a girl in high school that was tall and slender very nice figure... Henrietta. I have a friend that tried to tell me that trucks pickups should have a mans name, and cars should have a ladies name. So I told her if she thinks she's so smart then come up with a name and I'll tell you if it's good or not. I knew all along what I was going to name the car, and she eventually said Henrietta.

My Model A is "Sister" because my wife grew up with her.....my C5 Corvette's name is "DejaBlu"
      Nick

1930 Ford Model A Deluxe Coupe
      2002 Corvette C5
      2012 Mini Cooper Clubman S
      2008 HHR
      2006 Hummer H2

Comment

The fordor sedan that we inherited from the father-inlaw was already named = Mabel. The 1930 coupe that we bought (because you can't have only 1 Model A) we named Betsie. When I was young my dad had a 1963 Ford Ranchero, it was under powered as we always had it way overloaded. When we were going up steep hills and wondedring if we where going to make, my dad would say "come on Betsie you can make" and we almost always did - almost.

Comment

Everybody knows Sarah. I named her Sarah because she's my last wife and I'd never been married to a Sarah before, why Sarah and not Sara, Sarah is an old Hebrew name and Sara has Arabic origins. For years I thought I was Jewish because I was circumcised at birth. When I realized I was having too much fun being a heathen...well!!!!! the rest is History!!!!!
          "Bullshit and Brilliance Comes with Age and Experience"

Comment

My new (to us of 6 months after a barn find) '31 Sport Coupe is named "Baby. Named after what I call my grand daughter. My wife says "it was a Baby when it came here, now she's an embryo".

Comment

Adrienne named by & for my wife's Aunt Adrienne in Illinois. There's a pin-up girl sticker in the back window.

Comment

So far I have refrained from naming my pickup.
                Alaskan A's
                Antique Auto Mushers of Alaska
                Model A Ford Club of America
                Model A Restorers Club
                Antique Automobile Club of America
                Mullins Owners Club

Comment

I named my 31 Sport Coupe Maggie after the previous owners wife Margaret (shortened it to Maggie). They are both deceased and it made their son who sold me the car very happy.
                  My 31 Tudor is Thelma Lou named after Thelma and Louise because my wife and I are always up for an adventure although not like the ending of the movie.

TOB

Comment

Henry. For those who believe cars require female names I modify it to Henryeta.

Comment

• CarlG
                      CarlG commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I always heard that pickups required "male" names

Of course there the exceptions in our club: Andrew = Coupe; Arthur = 4dr Sedan

We made the deal to buy our 29 Tudor on Sept. 22, the autumnal equinox, so here name is Autumn.

Comment

We named ours Priscilla, after Priscilla Mullens / Alden, a young girl on the Mayflower, who married a cooper; John Alden. I am a descendent of John and Priscilla, and our Model A is a proper lady.

Comment

I heard on the radio this morning (10-2-2017) that today is "name your car" day.
                        Alaskan A's
                        Antique Auto Mushers of Alaska
                        Model A Ford Club of America
                        Model A Restorers Club
                        Antique Automobile Club of America
                        Mullins Owners Club

Comment

just came up with a Christened Name for my Model A, It has to be no other than VINNEY after the famous VINTIQUE company that just about put me in a institution during this past winter.

Comment

Her name is Bella ( spanish for beautiful ) PIA= pain in arse. So we have Bella Pia.

Comment

Generally I dont name my stuff. But for the first several months that I was driving my 1930 CCPU, "Squeaky" seemed terribly appropriate. These days, I only call it by the name Squeaky as it reveals its' predictable 'Squeak-Of-Week'.

Of course, the name Squeaky always reminds me of Lynette "Squeaky" Fromme, the famous attempted murderer. Yeah, maybe its a good name.

Comment

When I had her, I named my 30 CCPU "Pea Cup." Brace Bailey has her now..

Comment

My 30 Tudor is Mabel for no apparent reason. The name just evolved. My 30 roadster hot rod is Blackie. Wife came up with that and it stuck after we started driving it. For the 4 1/2 years I spent building it ,it was always just The Roadster.

John
                                Last edited by john in illinois; 04-16-2018, 12:12 PM.

Comment

My wife and I named our 30Town sedan Henry. She always named her cars with boy names, so we named him Henry.

Comment

Working...
                                  X