Key cylinder is seized in the handle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Key cylinder is seized in the handle

Good day all. I am new to the Model A lifestyle. I recently purchased a 1928 AR Tudor that was, for the most part, restored. One issue I am trying to address is the key cylinder in the passenger door handle is seized in the handle. I made a key for it & the tumblers are free but the plug won't turn.
    I shot it with PB Blaster a couple times a day for many days, I soaked it overnight in Coca Cola.I have rapped on the face of the plug between treatments with a wood hammer handle but it's still not moving. I am still shooting it with Blaster. Any ideas?

Welcome EarlyBert to the forum and the hobby

i have soaked the handles in Evapo-Rust in the past which worked well for me. Make sure you have the right key / code for the tumbler

You might also try to contact Dick Crabtree @ 605-487-7229 he deals with pop out ignitions and keys

A&l Model A parts also deals with keys (860)693-0112 or 2620

Maybe others will chime in with other suggestions

maybe you can post pics of your Tudor one day
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Tap the key a little with a mallet...it will work.

Comment

Yep, Just so happens I am a locksmith by trade & deal with a lot of newer (1950's, 60's, 70's) locks & keys. I get quite a few canopy locks that have the same problem but not to this degree.

Just called my local hardware store for Evapo-Rust & they have it. Gonna get me a jug on my way home.

I've posted my one picture for all to see. I got to drive it about a half dozen times before the clutch went away.

Comment

• Mitch
        Mitch commented
        Editing a comment
        Evapo-Rust is reusable FYI..

• EarlyBert
        EarlyBert commented
        Editing a comment
        Picked up a jug of the Evapo-Rust and my handle is soaking now. Fingers crossed.

Dynamite, works every time LOL

Comment

• EarlyBert
        EarlyBert commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm anxious to get home & see if it worked yet. That will be 24 hours.

• EarlyBert
        EarlyBert commented
        Editing a comment
        Darn, still stuck. Gonna leave it in the soak.