Announcement

Collapse

Model A Forums

General Discussion
See more
See less

Original luggage rack 1930 deluxe roadster?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Original luggage rack 1930 deluxe roadster?

On a 1930 deluxe roadster I recently purchased it has a chrome luggage rack that I thought was an 70's or '80's repo, but it has the wood grain painted strips on the rear as the oringinals were. Most re-pop racks have real wood strips. My question is how do I tell an original rack from an newer reproduction rack? Any one have pictures of an original rack? Thanks Steve

Hey Volleyman, WELCOME to the VFF!!

We need pictures of the top, bottom, and sides to tell which it is.
    You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

Welcome to the VFF.
      As Wiz stated, pictures would be great. Lucky you, to have the original style painted slates.
      Jeff
      Twiss Collector Car Parts

Comment

Originally posted by DaWizard View Post
        Hey Volleyman, WELCOME to the VFF!!

We need pictures of the top, bottom, and sides to tell which it is.

Comment

Sure looks like what must be a re-pop on mine. Also looks like wood slats to me??
          Paul in CT

Comment

Originally posted by 1931 Flamingo View Post
            .......... Also looks like wood slats to me??
            Paul in CT
            That's just the sign of a good woodgrainer.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• 38buschwacker
              40 deluxe convertible
              by 38buschwacker
              Hi buschwacker here new to the forum. I have a 40 convertible having a very difficult time finding hardware bolts etc. not very many pictures either. It was completely apart when I got it. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated .
              02-02-2018, 10:09 AM
            • ModelAMercer71
              1930 A
              by ModelAMercer71
              Good afternoon. I'm new to the group. I'll admit that I'm new to Model A's and early Fords. Will a 1930 hood fit any of the other Model A's? Thanks in advance.

Rob...
              05-20-2018, 08:17 PM
            • Paragon
              body reassembly
              by Paragon
              I just completed a body off frame restoration of my 30 coupe and are ready to reassemble. Do any of you have a body reassembly order?...
              10-06-2018, 08:32 AM
            • 28PhaetonRoy
              Need Help -Looking for '28 Phaeton Front Bow
              by 28PhaetonRoy
              Hello all:
              My first post to the forum.

I ordered a long-overdue top from LeBarron Bonney at Hershey this year, and in getting ready for having the install done, I found about 4" of the driver-side bow all but broken off near the bolt joint of my 28 Phaeton.To compound this, the bow is filled with something like chalk instead of wood. So when I pulled the staples out of the...
              10-26-2018, 05:03 PM
            • MontanaRed
              Inherited a 1926 Roadster, need some help
              by MontanaRed
              Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and frankly new to model t's but I was fortunate to inherit what I believe to be a 1926 roadster. I have checked the serial number on the engine and its seems to match what I was told. It also appears to have a Ruckstell rear end. I am excited to get it working order. I am looking forward to learning more from you all and this will be my first ever project. One area...
              10-03-2018, 12:37 PM
            • Dano
              Help identify
              by Dano
              Hi guys, My first time here. I found this rusty old car on my property in Maine, can't figure out what it is, my brother knows more than I do, says it's maybe a 1935 Ford, can't tell if it is a car or truck, no marques logos etc. Has a large boulder on the hood, so I can't move it. Just curious if anyone can identify it, it will not likely ever be moved....
              08-06-2018, 01:17 PM
            • Tom Wesenberg
              Some Interior Pictures of an Original 1929 Town Sedan
              by Tom Wesenberg
              This nice original 1929 Town Sedan showed up at our annual swap and car show a couple years ago.
              It sure is nice when people have enough sense to keep a nice original car original, instead of thinking they are improving it by restoring it....
              02-21-2018, 10:22 AM
            • stationwagonfan
              Spread the Word :) Woody Wagons :)
              by stationwagonfan
              Ford Model A / AA 1928 to 1931 Station Wagons, Hucksters & Wooden Vehicles

https://www.facebook.com/1928to31FordWoodies/...
              01-16-2018, 10:30 PM
            • Steven
              54 Mainline
              by Steven
              Hi Everyone,
              I have just bought a 1954 Mainline two door 239 Y Block. Does anyone know of a good place to get manuals or parts?
              08-20-2018, 10:30 AM
            • Rowens55
              New guy
              by Rowens55
              Hi all! My name is Rowen n I LOVE mid fifties Fords. Pic is of my 55CV.
              304ci, 304hp, 330tq. T5. 9" rear soon.
              Jus looking for some like minded folks to bounce ideas off of and general BSing. Hopin some o you folks are local to me and maybe meet up in the future....
              02-19-2018, 11:29 AM
            Working...
            X