Door hardware questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door hardware questions

Getting ready soon to start on the door hardware. I have collected up handles, trim, screws, and a few other parts. My thoughts are to remove all 4 regulators and door latches to see what kind of shape they are in. I know I will need to source new felt channels. I get trigger happy and like to order new stuff to rebuild all of this, but would like to get some feedback on whats good and whats bad on the repop parts for all this.

I have one cracked window to be replaced and have 3 garnish moldings. I assume the garnish would have been woodgrain? I need to source a missing molding, I think I need a rear.
    Last edited by dmdeaton; 11-08-2018, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Comment

Steve at Bert's in Denver might have the trim. 800-321-1931

Comment

Thanks Tom
          i will check

Comment

if the glass is plate glass you should replace that. Also check to see if the condition of the felts on the sides, the top sponge rubber, the rubber in the outside door seal, and the rubber bumper at the bottom. If they are hard i'd replace them. I would use the regulators & metal glass channels you have if at all possible as
            the current reproduction ones for the 4 doors are not the best.

Comment

• dmdeaton
              dmdeaton commented
              Editing a comment
              I will check the glass. Thanks for the reminder. If I keep the original regulators I will clean them up and replace the springs and anything else worn. I see they sell most the small parts.

Be sure to lube all the moving parts with a good sticky grease, such as MYSTIK JT-6 High Temp red grease.
            I oil the working parts, then coat them with grease for long term lubrication.

Comment

Looks like I have safety glass!!

Comment

As I read and research some more I find another piece fits under the garnish molding. Or on top?

Comment

• Tom Wesenberg
                  Tom Wesenberg commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes, it fits under the trim.